Miracle Grow Entering Medical Marijuana Field

Came across this article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304665904576383832249741032.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsThird

It says they plan on buying up niche dirt companies that already exist, instead of investing in their own line... Could mean cheaper prices on good soil. And when you go to pick up buckets and supplies at Lowes, you could also pick up your dirt.

Any current Miracle Grow Users? I've only used it outdoors.

If its a quality product at a good price that's fine.

I'd be worried they'd buy the small player just for their name "Fox Farm", then just put a cheaper product in a familiar package for the medical growers market.

I'm running a super soil, which is just everything at the grow shop mixed up:)

I'd really like to get some Bio-max from Premier, but I can't find it at any of the shops.

Just a side thought, anyone ever heard of using Michigan bat guano in a grow?

If its a quality product at a good price that's fine.

I'd be worried they'd buy the small player just for their name "Fox Farm", then just put a cheaper product in a familiar package for the medical growers market.

I'm running a super soil, which is just everything at the grow shop mixed up:)

I'd really like to get some Bio-max from Premier, but I can't find it at any of the shops.

Just a side thought, anyone ever heard of using Michigan bat guano in a grow? I use promix ..You could try www.Dairydoo.com you can buy buy the bag or scoop.they do have a blend for Marijuana..

I just find it fascinating that a multi-national, publicly traded corporation, one of the largest players in the home gardening industry is gearing up for Medical Marijuana growers. It seems that they are poised to uphold the "medical status" of the movement. This is a good thing.

Hopefully that is the case, but in my humble (and jaded) opinion, it sounds more like just a ploy to make more money. I can bet at the first sign of pressure from a regulatory agency they'll turn tail and run. Don't count on them to sponsor any rallies any time soon.

Hopefully that is the case, but in my humble (and jaded) opinion, it sounds more like just a ploy to make more money. I can bet at the first sign of pressure from a regulatory agency they'll turn tail and run. Don't count on them to sponsor any rallies any time soon.

Agreed... Although I believe there is potential to get big companies like this behind the movement. The way I see it, is that the caregiver-patient model provides a company like this the best chance at selling more product, and making more money. With individual home growers, instead of larger commercial growers and dispensaries, more product will be coming off of the retail shelves.

For your information ..should medicinal cannabis patients support Scott's products given their smoking policy infringement on individual rights ? Does the issue justify the policy ? What was very upsetting about their tobacco ban was how it effected pare disabled or very ill children who were penalized and lost insurance when parents are fired for a otherwise legal activity .

http://www.npr.org/t...storyId=7706155

For reference is the Medicinal Cannabis press release from Scott's

http://www.inquisitr...s-at-medical-ma

Archived