Light It Up 2011 {Belle Isle}

Metropolis

There are many on these forums that support legalization, but this is not the site to advertise something that will get patients into trouble. Medicating in a public place like a park goes against the laws laid out by the MMMA of 2008. We are a medical Marijuana site so please post topics that pertain to MMJ, thanks.

There are many on these forums that support legalization, but this is not the site to advertise something that will get patients into trouble. Medicating in a public place like a park goes against the laws laid out by the MMMA of 2008. We are a medical Marijuana site so please post topics that pertain to MMJ, thanks.

how true.. I was thinking the same thing..

:blink:

Wow another site regulating free speech, the protest was in support of medical marijuana & the end of prohibition! When we marched downtown, we had no legal issues and a ton of support! How else are we able to spread the word to non-patients? PUBLIC PROTEST! DUH!

As a matter of fact, That Protest I first attended is why I was convinced to go get "LEGAL"

Not understanding how you all can fight for a cause & Silence your members at the same time!

HYPOCRISY AT IT'S BEST!

Wow another site regulating free speech, the protest was in support of medical marijuana & the end of prohibition! When we marched downtown, we had no legal issues and a ton of support! How else are we able to spread the word to non-patients? PUBLIC PROTEST! DUH!

As a matter of fact, That Protest I first attended is why I was convinced to go get "LEGAL"

Not understanding how you all can fight for a cause & Silence your members at the same time!

HYPOCRISY AT IT'S BEST!

Duh...'lighting up' in public is ILLEGAL FOR LEGAL PATIENTS and you never said this was for non-patients when you first posted! I applaud the 3MA for not promoting this rally.

There are thousands of sites promoting legalization and I'm sure they'll gladly let you post your next rally.

And the 3MA has no problem spreading the word to non-patients with-out promoting illegal activities.

:thumbsu:

I think the main issue with events like this is that most of us here look around at the goings on in the legislature and courts and have determined that events like this set back the movement instead of driving it ahead.

When medical marijuana is seen as a front for legalization it makes things unsafe for patients and their caregivers. We are trying to undo what has been done in the past.

I think the main issue with events like this is that most of us here look around at the goings on in the legislature and courts and have determined that events like this set back the movement instead of driving it ahead.

When medical marijuana is seen as a front for legalization it makes things unsafe for patients and their caregivers. We are trying to undo what has been done in the past.

Considering the people who wrote this MMJ law are the same people who are advocating legalization in this country, I think yours and the 3MA's position on this are very amusing, after all legalization will bring easy access to all including Patients. I would think all would be in favor of this, that is of course if you really truely are looking out for patients and caregivers. So if you think by minding your P's and Q's will get you some kind of stature in Lansing I think your sorely mistaken. I'm sure this will be edited too and if it is I think my support for the 3MA will end too!!!! This is a Forum for people to discuss a multude of MMJ issue's and free speach surely should be included not NAZI style censorship, so keep banning people and censoring them and you'll keep loosing more and more support in this state!!!! Ok now I said my peace

Considering the people who wrote this MMJ law are the same people who are advocating legalization in this country, I think yours and the 3MA's position on this are very amusing, after all legalization will bring easy access to all including Patients. I would think all would be in favor of this, that is of course if you really truely are looking out for patients and caregivers. So if you think by minding your P's and Q's will get you some kind of stature in Lansing I think your sorely mistaken. I'm sure this will be edited too and if it is I think my support for the 3MA will end too!!!! This is a Forum for people to discuss a multude of MMJ issue's and free speach surely should be included not NAZI style censorship, so keep banning people and censoring them and you'll keep loosing more and more support in this state!!!! Ok now I said my peace

There is a multitude of sites pushing legalization this just isn't one of them. Whats so hard to understand about that?

And free speech doesn't give anyone the right to jeopardize someones safety or freedom.

Guest thequietone

In my opinion inviting patients to knowingly break the law was not in the best interest of patients. What the OP posted was clearly going to get legal patients in trouble and I will do anything in my power to prevent patients getting hurt. When the forum was started it was the founders wish that it stayed true to medical marijuana and not about legalization. Say what you will about me because I don't really care what you say. In the end I know what I did I did to protect patients from breaking the law. If I have to delete someones post to protect patients so be it and if you all want to complain at me about censorship please feel free to do so.

HYPOCRISY AT IT'S BEST!

First you try to use the moniker "Dr greenthumb" in one of your posts to draw interest in your sales ad now your asking patients to light up on belle isle a public place something that will both get you arrested and put even more negativity on the mmmp get real dude . :thumbsd:

In my opinion inviting patients to knowingly break the law was not in the best interest of patients. What the OP posted was clearly going to get legal patients in trouble and I will do anything in my power to prevent patients getting hurt. When the forum was started it was the founders wish that it stayed true to medical marijuana and not about legalization. Say what you will about me because I don't really care what you say. In the end I know what I did I did to protect patients from breaking the law. If I have to delete someones post to protect patients so be it and if you all want to complain at me about censorship please feel free to do so.

I don't know what the person wrote so I can't really comment on that. I'm not bitching at you about censorship, quietone. I'm saying it's over-protective to disallow an announcement about a free legalization event. If any patients decided they wanted to go they could govern their own behavior just like at any other time. A simple reminder that public smoking is not a right afforded by the Act would be a better way to handle it.

Moniker? Dr. Greenthumb are u Serious? The last time I checked names are a dime a dozen. It isn't my fault folks have their noses up someones else butt so far they can't smell their own stuff! Who cares about that frickin moniker? Just another example of how you are using Nazi Tactics around here to control speech. When it comes to growing, I'm sure there's more than a few Dr. Greenthumbs..... Moving on if you have never been to Belle Isle, don't ever worry about this post. I "Gauran darn Tee" if a person is arrested at Belle Isle During the rally, it won't be for marijuana. I expect patient/caregivers to know when or when not to "LIGHT UP" & merely being at a event can't jeopardize what we already have. Like I said in the original post that was edited.... I support Medical Marijuana and after my first rally, hearing this brave woman's story of lighting up in the senator's office.. I went out and got certified the next week. The following day, I through my Old meds away & haven't took Norco, Motrin, & Laxatives again! I need medical marijuana for my pain but I believe it GOD GIVEN and should be legal for everyone so it a "Free the Weed" EVENT to End Prohibition! The Classic Car Show, Beauty Pageant, & Live Bands Alone are worth the spending the day at the event, and I plan on having a great time despite who comes or not. Hopefully some of the same people I spoke to from the march that helped convinced me to go legal, would show up and continue spreading the word because it works!

post-25714-0-91489800-1309008013_thumb.jpg

First you try to use the moniker "Dr greenthumb" in one of your posts to draw interest in your sales ad now your asking patients to light up on belle isle a public place something that will both get you arrested and put even more negativity on the mmmp get real dude . :thumbsd:

‎"As long as marijuana remains illegal for the majority it is likely that the courts are going to continue to uphold 'separate but equal' standards for pot patients. Only by legalizing and regulating cannabis for all adults will we see an end to the practice of pharmaceutical discrimination in the workplace."

Thanks for being ACTIVE and getting the info out. We could have used some people like this posting on other sites about the MMMA rally. People are silly to think that just because you attend a rally like this that you must break the law....

We are all fighting the same beast.

Side Note: The "Dr. Greenthumb" from Canada that sells the most expensive seeds in the world also stole the moniker. Just like he didnt make most of his strains. Cypress Hill made the name before greenthumb seeds existed.

In my opinion censoring information on a legalization rally is absurd, especially with all of the "freedom fighter" bravado ringing throughout every post regarding our rights as patients and caregivers.

Do the leaders of this board really need to decide for everyone here which activities undermine the movement?

Are forum moderators here to protect everyone from themselves, so that they will not accidentally attend a rally and fire up a joint in public? Seriously?

Thanks for the concern, but I think we are all mature enough to think for ourselves.

Thanks for being ACTIVE and getting the info out. We could have used some people like this posting on other sites about the MMMA rally. People are silly to think that just because you attend a rally like this that you must break the law....

We are all fighting the same beast.

Side Note: The "Dr. Greenthumb" from Canada that sells the most expensive seeds in the world also stole the moniker. Just like he didnt make most of his strains. Cypress Hill made the name before greenthumb seeds existed.

Don't feed the trolls you know as good as anyone else here that a certain screen name draws traffic and patients he purposely added the name Dr greenthumb name to draw business to his caregiver ad don't defend him because of your dislike for greenthumbs seeds prices.

Moniker? Dr. Greenthumb are u Serious? The last time I checked names are a dime a dozen. It isn't my fault folks have their noses up someones else butt so far they can't smell their own stuff! Who cares about that frickin moniker? Just another example of how you are using Nazi Tactics around here to control speech. When it comes to growing, I'm sure there's more than a few Dr. Greenthumbs..... Moving on if you have never been to Belle Isle, don't ever worry about this post. I "Gauran darn Tee" if a person is arrested at Belle Isle During the rally, it won't be for marijuana. I expect patient/caregivers to know when or when not to "LIGHT UP" & merely being at a event can't jeopardize what we already have. Like I said in the original post that was edited.... I support Medical Marijuana and after my first rally, hearing this brave woman's story of lighting up in the senator's office.. I went out and got certified the next week. The following day, I through my Old meds away & haven't took Norco, Motrin, & Laxatives again! I need medical marijuana for my pain but I believe it GOD GIVEN and should be legal for everyone so it a "Free the Weed" EVENT to End Prohibition! The Classic Car Show, Beauty Pageant, & Live Bands Alone are worth the spending the day at the event, and I plan on having a great time despite who comes or not. Hopefully some of the same people I spoke to from the march that helped convinced me to go legal, would show up and continue spreading the word because it works!

post-25714-0-91489800-1309008013_thumb.jpg

You purposely added the Dr greenthumb to your caregiver post as a sneaky way to draw patients to your post knowing all too well that we had the breeder dr greenthumb here and his name is a big draw to people searching the web don't think your fooling anyone bud and if you keep it up I'm sure you wont be around here causing problems much longer Mr instigator.

How is freely breaking a law and putting it in the face of law enforcement good for our cause please enlighten me . :unsure:

We are a patient site not a legalization site maybe that bothers some but most understand that how the public views the MMMA website is important to our cause politicians have always had the mindset that the medical law was put into place to force legalization in Michigan and they will use something like this to get our law abolished and its our job to make sure they see thats not the case here at least and not allow them to use our own words against us .

I remember how the public viewed civil rights ( they didn't want them) but that didn't stop people like mlk from pressing even harder for those rights. It took people with courage like Rosa parks, who decided one day "you know, im going to sit in that seat legal or not, because im tired of unjust laws. Shes a hero now. You can't always care what the public thinks, when is mass thought a good thing?

You purposely added the Dr greenthumb to your caregiver post as a sneaky way to draw patients to your post knowing all too well that we had the breeder dr greenthumb here and his name is a big draw to people searching the web don't think your fooling anyone bud and if you keep it up I'm sure you wont be around here causing problems much longer Mr instigator.

How is freely breaking a law and putting it in the face of law enforcement good for our cause please enlighten me . :unsure:

We are a patient site not a legalization site maybe that bothers some but most understand that how the public views the MMMA website is important to our cause politicians have always had the mindset that the medical law was put into place to force legalization in Michigan and they will use something like this to get our law abolished and its our job to make sure they see thats not the case here at least and not allow them to use our own words against us

:goodjob:

Archived