Do Not Do This!

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/macomb_county/sterling-heights-man-accused-of-threatening-teens-over-possible-marijuana-burglary

STERLING HEIGHTS, Mich. (WXYZ) - Sterling Heights Police say three men kidnapped several teenage boys and threatened to cut off their toes and fingers for allegedly stealing medical marijuana plants.

wow.. You just can't fix stupid. Being new here, I wonder if this has been addressed and/or has happened before. If you are growing legally, can you in fact press charges/call the police if your grow was burglarized. Common sense would tell me yes, since it's legal to do and own. But I could see where someone might be hesitant to call the police and say my marijuana has been stolen.

Would this be a good time to just suck it up and move on, using the scenario as a lesson to improve security. I mean really, if you have enough going to where you would get emotional enough to hold a circular saw to a kids face, don't you think you might just want to invest some extra money to get a room that is teenager proof. And for that matter, you can set up a motion detected security camera system nowadays for under $1000. Might even have night vision on it if you shop around. $1000 pales in comparison to attempted murder, kidnapping, and torture charges. And not to mention the lawsuits from the parents/teenagers seeking emotional and physical restitution.

wow.. You just can't fix stupid. Being new here, I wonder if this has been addressed and/or has happened before. If you are growing legally, can you in fact press charges/call the police if your grow was burglarized. Common sense would tell me yes, since it's legal to do and own. But I could see where someone might be hesitant to call the police and say my marijuana has been stolen.

Would this be a good time to just suck it up and move on, using the scenario as a lesson to improve security. I mean really, if you have enough going to where you would get emotional enough to hold a circular saw to a kids face, don't you think you might just want to invest some extra money to get a room that is teenager proof. And for that matter, you can set up a motion detected security camera system nowadays for under $1000. Might even have night vision on it if you shop around. $1000 pales in comparison to attempted murder, kidnapping, and torture charges. And not to mention the lawsuits from the parents/teenagers seeking emotional and physical restitution.

They keep coming back. They won't stop once they start.

It's an endless nightmare. They by pass every security measure you put up and come back again.

I know. I was victimized at least ten times.

What can be done to teach kids this is not a game?

I wish there was a class taught to kids where they learn without having anyone suffer.

It's an endless nightmare. They by pass every security measure you put up and come back again.

I wish there was a class taught to kids where they learn without having anyone suffer.

Wow, 10 times? You get some of that security paint you can't wash off, an alarm with alerts to the police, and then you set up the access they use to mark them with the paint. Then make it enticing for them to rip you off again...

A month in juvi would deter a lot... multiple offenses will get them more time.

Wow, 10 times? You get some of that security paint you can't wash off, an alarm with alerts to the police, and then you set up the access they use to mark them with the paint. Then make it enticing for them to rip you off again...

A month in juvi would deter a lot... multiple offenses will get them more time.

The person that got caught ripping me was arrested while out on bond for stealing guns from another home. His own grandparents home.

edit .. sorry .. he committed another home invasion. He was arrested and convicted after being sentenced for breaking into my home. While he thought we were home sleeping.

Guest Mr Pepper

As an animal lover, I would suggest those of you growers who have thought about getting a dog get one ASAP. Preferably a big one. I have two large black labs and have never had any issues. They are wonderful dogs, the neighborhood kids adore them, and they are both very protective of the house. The humane society has plenty of great dogs for adoption right now. Growers, do yourself a favor - Get yourself a new best friend and someone to watch things while you are away in the deal!

http://www.michiganhumane.org :thumbsu:

Last thief that I know that got caught clipping tops. His but got knocked out cold twice. Got what he deserved. He's also out of business as CG nobody wants to deal with a thief.

I forgot he was supposed to be watching them.

Archived