New Ann Arbor Compassion Club

purklize

The Hemp Center, an Ann Arbor compassion club (the only one I know of in the area) opened in the last few weeks. The founders are swamped with work right now so I'm posting this for them. It's located across the street from Grow Blue, a hydroponics shop on Liberty St. ran by the same people (who are wonderful and really care about us patients).

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=grow+blue+ann+arbor&hl=en&z=14

They are having events of some kind (I can't remember what, sorry) throughout the Ann Arbor Art Fair this week.

The Hemp Center, an Ann Arbor compassion club (the only one I know of in the area) opened in the last few weeks. The founders are swamped with work right now so I'm posting this for them. It's located across the street from Grow Blue, a hydroponics shop on Liberty St. ran by the same people (who are wonderful and really care about us patients).

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=grow+blue+ann+arbor&hl=en&z=14

They are having events of some kind (I can't remember what, sorry) throughout the Ann Arbor Art Fair this week.

Im visiting Ann Arbor this weekend from Iowa, I am moving up there in November. I am curious as to what events are going on this weekend of the art fair? I am looking to get a feel for what I am moving to and also to meet like minded individuals. Let me know where or how to find out, thanks!!

:rock:

is it a compassion club or a dispensary?

Gro Blue Grows

continued

As for the old store, it's become Humphrey's nonprofit business--the HEMMP (Health and Education of Medical Marijuana Patients) Center. Not fully up and running yet, the enterprise, according to Pullen, has the mission of trying to "make more information available to the community and prospective patients, serving as a kind of a resource center, so they can find out what they need to know to get a card and what's available." Pullen says the HEMMP Center will also have a small store selling hemp products.

Gro Blue, 300 W. Liberty. 913-2750. Mon.-Sat. 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Sun. noon-5 p.m.

It's definitely a compassion club, not a dispensary. Sorry I don't have more information, I'll try to get some soon.

As for the old store, it's become Humphrey's nonprofit business--the HEMMP

D4mn I suck, here I am announcing the place and I can't even get the spelling right. :blink::unsure: Thanks for correcting that.

Yes, they are very dedicated... they won't even stock Hydrofarm products, because that company sends "spies" to stores to make sure they don't discuss med mj freely... this is unacceptable to the people at Grow Blue, they want to be able to help people get started and diagnose problems, etc. I'm sure it's cost them some business in the past, but they are sticking their neck out there for us. Their prices on some items are surprisingly good for the great location, their ballasts were cheaper than The Grow Show's.

Just another patient recommending Grow Blue. I can't remember their names but they're a mother and daughter and they really do care about us. My roommate knows them better than I but they've been nothing but nice and helpful to us over the years.

Really glad to see another compassion club getting started in Ann Arbor. It is absolutely absurd that there hasn't been one actively meeting here since day 1. It is the friendliest city to cannabis in the Midwest after all.

• 3 months later...

they won't even stock Hydrofarm products, because that company sends "spies" to stores to make sure they don't discuss med mj freely...

LOL? Where did you get this factoid from? Ive been going to the grow show since they opened and have discussed medical marijuana freely the whole 2.5+ years they've been there. Every time i go there there's a group discussion taking place.

Why all the lies when you don't even know the facts? you sound like a biz rep for grow blue lol

its great to see CCs coming back around. they should of always been the main goal imo.

though disps help alot of people immediately, a True CC can help more for a longer period of time.

Congrats!

:thumbsu:

The T.H.C. (The HEMMP Center) Compassion Club now hosts the Pharmer's Co-op every Saturday 12-5 PM and Sunday 1-5 PM for members only.

The H.E.M.M.P. Center

207 W. Liberty

Ann Arbor, MI 48103

734-222-8199

• 4 weeks later...

LOL? Where did you get this factoid from? Ive been going to the grow show since they opened and have discussed medical marijuana freely the whole 2.5+ years they've been there. Every time i go there there's a group discussion taking place.

Why all the lies when you don't even know the facts? you sound like a biz rep for grow blue lol

From what I've heard, Hydrofarm does indeed send out reps on occasion and if your shop discusses medical they will no longer sell their products there. I heard this from an employee of a local shop that carries hydrofarm and is not Grow Blue. Nonetheless, they will talk about mmj with you after they see your card.

Archived