Rep Jeff Irwin Supports The Mmj Act

Thank you for your contacting me regarding Senate Bill 17. As you know this bill, if passed, would ban marijuana clubs and bars for the use of medical marijuana. I strongly support the Medical Marijuana Act and seek to strengthen the law rather than weaken it. Currently, this bill is in the Senate, however I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind should this reach the House floor for a vote.

Again, thank you again for your email. To monitor the progress of this bill please visit www.legislature.mi.gov.

Sincerely,

Jeff Irwin

Representative Jeff Irwin

53rd District

State of Michigan

517-373-2577

http://053.housedems.com

JeffIrwin@house.mi.gov

I would be interested on working with any member of the house that wants to sponsor a 'will issue to qualified patient on request' bill. I want to get primary care doctors to a/ start writing certs and b/ prevent them from cutting off or discharging patients from their practices.

Someone from his district (Ann Arbor) needs to approach him and offer to hook him up with me and people like me.

Dr. Bob

I would be more comfortable if he would expand on his words "strengthen" the act. I've learned to be very cautious on their play on words. If he would have stated he supports the act as passed in 08 then I would take this to mean we have his support and he is comfortable with no changes or strengthening of the act.

I would be more comfortable if he would expand on his words "strengthen" the act. I've learned to be very cautious on their play on words. If he would have stated he supports the act as passed in 08 then I would take this to mean we have his support and he is comfortable with no changes or strengthening of the act.

Exactly, Dizz.

'Strengthen' could very well mean 'add' to the MMM Act in ways that gives patient info to LEO agencies, etc.

It all depends on how you 'define strengthen the MMM ACT'.

Not being negative, but I trust him as far as I or you could throw him.

Archived