Amber Trichs

I've heard people call one strain narcotic, another not; I don't believe I've had anything "narcotic." All of my grams I got from a dispensary a while ago have white trichs, virtually no amber on anything. Right now I'm gritting my teeth suffering through a migraine and nothing is stopping it, maybe putting a dent in but not enough. I have heard if you let trichs go 90% amber it is a much more powerful painkiller, as well as being much less inclined to induce paranoia/anxiety and more inclined to induce sleep (both GREAT when you have a migraine). Should I be letting my trichs go amber? Thanks.

I've heard people call one strain narcotic, another not; I don't believe I've had anything "narcotic." All of my grams I got from a dispensary a while ago have white trichs, virtually no amber on anything. Right now I'm gritting my teeth suffering through a migraine and nothing is stopping it, maybe putting a dent in but not enough. I have heard if you let trichs go 90% amber it is a much more powerful painkiller, as well as being much less inclined to induce paranoia/anxiety and more inclined to induce sleep (both GREAT when you have a migraine). Should I be letting my trichs go amber? Thanks.

I personally wait for about 20% amber, only because theres never a point where every trich is ripe, you either end up with a combonation of Under-ripe and ripe, or ripe and over ripe. If "all" the trichs are milky white, then some are still clear, clear trichs are immature. I would never let anything get "90%" amber as over ripened trichs begin forming CBN, which is "narcotic" in nature, but not as friendly as CBD which is far more valuable medicinally as well, you need to find a heavy indica strain, a afghan or mazaar type land race or hybird would be a great place to start. CBN causes a more "messed up" feeling, extremely uncomfortable in my opinion..

I do the same as Jipo, 20% amber.

On another thread once, it was suggested that a person could harvest parts of the plant at different times, you know, cut one branch at 20% amber, let another branch keep maturing 'til you get more ambers, harvest it then, see what you prefer.

On another thread once, it was suggested that a person could harvest parts of the plant at different times, you know, cut one branch at 20% amber, let another branch keep maturing 'til you get more ambers, harvest it then, see what you prefer.

When starting a new strain/seed I do a process like this where I partial harvest at Milky/25%amber/50-75% amber. Most ~8 week strains tend to line up with milky @ 7.5-8, 25% around week 9-9.5 and 50-75% around week 10-11, ambers come on pretty quick with most fast strains so keep a microscope handy and always check 5-10 buds for an average. Some strains also have very differing complexities amongst aromas and flavors as well, so you may find you just enjoy the smell or taste of a bud earlier or later, and even something as simple as that may sway you're harvesting time/choice.

I personally pull one branch a day until the plant is harvested. It started to even out workload and keep me legal. I've found I prefer most 8 week strains around 9 to 9 1/2 weeks. The patients I share with will comment on the differences of the same plant and seem to like it more later. Also, not totally relevant medicinally but hugely important to pay for electric and nutes is the increase in weight when you wait long enough.

WLP

I have had experience with the plant I grow mostly which is a lowryder(Joint Doctor)Purple Jems. This is a small plant when I grow them so it is basically 1 baseball sized nugget and maybe another golfball nugget so I just check around the whole thing. The first 1 I grew I pulled down when mostly all were cloudy but like Jipo said some were probably still clear. It was good for me, did not mess my head up but killed moderate pain really well. Made me feel light weight and numb of pain but not the true numb feeling. The next one I grew out till about 50% amber. This time it really made my face feel thick and heavy more sleepy but I did not notice more of a pain killing ability. Probably about the same for pain. So as far as this strain it would probably benefit someone like you to go longer on the amber. All strains are at least slightly different so like the others say it would be nice if you could harvest a couple buds at different times.

I have had experience with the plant I grow mostly which is a lowryder(Joint Doctor)Purple Jems. This is a small plant when I grow them so it is basically 1 baseball sized nugget and maybe another golfball nugget so I just check around the whole thing. The first 1 I grew I pulled down when mostly all were cloudy but like Jipo said some were probably still clear. It was good for me, did not mess my head up but killed moderate pain really well. Made me feel light weight and numb of pain but not the true numb feeling. The next one I grew out till about 50% amber. This time it really made my face feel thick and heavy more sleepy but I did not notice more of a pain killing ability. Probably about the same for pain. So as far as this strain it would probably benefit someone like you to go longer on the amber. All strains are at least slightly different so like the others say it would be nice if you could harvest a couple buds at different times.

Probably the best interpretation of CBN effects I've read, I couldn't really think of how to word it but this pretty much describes it dead on. :dodgyrun:

Yes, that works real well with my chickens, too. First i cut off the wings, they're mostly feathers, anyway. The next week i cut off the legs, thats when the breasts rally begin to bulk up (be sure to prop your chicken upright after removing the legs so it can continue to feed properly). The third week i take off the head, but you have to be careful here, if you let it go much further than this, the smell gets pretty bad.

My son is trying out for high school football this fall, he's thinking this might be the best way to bulk up for playing defensive end...

When I run a just single strain, I harvest a few girls when trichomes are half clear/half cloudy. A few more are cut when all cloudy. The last cut is half cloudy, half amber.

I never wait until all amber as I believe the THC in the trichomes that were first to turn have begun to degrade by that time.

This simple method provides 3 separate harvest windows. You will discover the various ranges of potency of your strain and know exactly when it will provide the most relief for you next run. You will discover that not only the potency of a strain will vary, but the taste will change too.

It is the best way to discover how well your strain performs medically. The stage of maturity when cut that provides the best relief is most valuable knowlege for any patient. Once this is known, your meds are picked at the perfect maturity every time. No guesswork.

Throughout the '80s, a buddy of mine grew a pure Kush strain from the old SSSC that averaged 100g per plant in dirt and he always cut in the afternoon on the 39th day of 12-12. It was one of my top 5 of all time.

All the best painkiller strains I've personally tried have been 100% heavy Indica. Sativas seems to make me more aware of pain although I like the head effect. I have not found any autoflower hybrids yet that work for me but I'm sure they're out there. Gimme an Indica Mickey and I'll be ok.

All brothers & sisters in our cannabis community be extra safe this weekend. :rock:

When I run a just single strain, I harvest a few girls when trichomes are half clear/half cloudy. A few more are cut when all cloudy. The last cut is half cloudy, half amber.

I never wait until all amber as I believe the THC in the trichomes that were first to turn have begun to degrade by that time.

This simple method provides 3 separate harvest windows. You will discover the various ranges of potency of your strain and know exactly when it will provide the most relief for you next run. You will discover that not only the potency of a strain will vary, but the taste will change too.

It is the best way to discover how well your strain performs medically. The stage of maturity when cut that provides the best relief is most valuable knowlege for any patient. Once this is known, your meds are picked at the perfect maturity every time. No guesswork.

Throughout the '80s, a buddy of mine grew a pure Kush strain from the old SSSC that averaged 100g per plant in dirt and he always cut in the afternoon on the 39th day of 12-12. It was one of my top 5 of all time.

All the best painkiller strains I've personally tried have been 100% heavy Indica. Sativas seems to make me more aware of pain although I like the head effect. I have not found any autoflower hybrids yet that work for me but I'm sure they're out there. Gimme an Indica Mickey and I'll be ok.

All brothers & sisters in our cannabis community be extra safe this weekend. :rock:

You know, I've actually found sativas to be really good for certain kinds of pain. I get really terrible migraines and while a sativa doesn't take away all the pain, it does reduce, it gives me enough energy to focus on other things, instead of just lying in a dark room. I smoked an indica during a migraine once and it just made me 10x more miserable.

But for other kinds of pain indicas win hands down. I suspect that sativas would be good for neuropathic pain as well, but I don't know for sure.

edit: But also to stay on topic, I generally harvest sativas at 100% cloudy (well I'm sure there's a few clear ones hiding here or there) and indicas I try to aim for 10-20% amber.

Archived