Clones - When To Take Them?

SparklyBuds

Hi everyone -

According to our Marijuana Horticulture book, by Jorge Cervantes, clones can be taken once the plant reaches 2 months of age.

We talked to a friend, who said he just takes clones whenever there's enough Nodes, doesn't pay attention to age of the plant.

So I'm curious about what others do? Do you take clones at a certain "age" or just whenever the plant is ready??

Thanks!!

I pull 2 clones off every plant i place in flower around week 6-7 of veg and i get about an 80% success rate taking them at this point.

Cool, thanks King! Ours are 4 wks now, and by the time we're ready to clone they'll be six wks. so that's when we'll probably do them. They're looking good I think.

mis=information. take clones when you need them. actually younger clones do better. if the cut is woody or from a plant in bloom, it takes twice as long to throw roots. like other posters, I take clones when moving plant to bloom, but 2 months old? Jorge must have tall cielings!!

Yeah i deffintly take clones whenever i need them, since my ceilings are so short i tend to take very young clones and ive had a great success rate with my little girls, i personally examine my vegin plants and pick one or two nice bottom nodes to take off and they seem to do very well even when the plant is only 3-4 weeks old

mis=information. take clones when you need them. actually younger clones do better. if the cut is woody or from a plant in bloom, it takes twice as long to throw roots. like other posters, I take clones when moving plant to bloom, but 2 months old? Jorge must have tall cielings!!

I veg with eveready flashlights lol but seriously my T-12s make for a slow veg process but it will have to do im ordering another big kahuna and 1000 watt to run a dual hood flower room . :thumbsu:

I usually take mine at the same time I stop topping, about a week before I put them on 12/12. I like to take off some lower branching that probably won't amount to much (you know the ones :rolleyes: ) so I just take clones from those. Doing it that way and using an aero cloner you should be able to get pretty close to a 100% success rate if you have the fundamentals down :thumbsu:

On a perpetual grow you'd more than likely want to take them much later but IME you're more apt to lose a clone here or there the later you take them.

Archived