Bring Me Your Schwag. Need Samples

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You ever here the one where you have to eat so much poo, before you can die ...

There's just no getting around it, though you can keep up your efforts maybe you'll discover something , by accident or ... something.

How much does it cost to run a test, anyway ?

I expect to discover lots of things doing this, some will definitely come accidentally. Who knows, we may find out the cartel weed is generally a safe, inexpensive choice for many patients. I sure would like to find out.

Cannabinoid profiles start at $40.

Not to derail the really confusing point of view of poo eating, but have I told you I am an Idea Guy?

You can burn the swag (overages?) like cops burn illegal guns.

Probably newsworthy. Could carry a theme of MMJ advocates separating themselves from criminally imported and criminally distributed marijuana, saying we do not support Marijuana, we support healing.

If the hypothesis is correct, we will find harmful contaminants at a substantially higher level in the criminal elements specimen. Thus validating the value of medical marijuana as well as validating the need to discourage street level marijuana use.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Cheech and Chong are the worst thing to happen to marijuana. The negative stereotypes of recreational marijuana users, esp "stoners" via the "stoner comedy" genre have undermined a wonderful resource for healing and enlightenment in the human experience. Don't get me wrong, I laugh when I watch stoner comedies. They are comedies.

In a battle for public opinion, there should be publicity that creates a separation by MMJ advocates from both criminal and stoner labels by media and the public. I am a stereotypical stoner by the way, but I am a grown man who has suffered from my version of life, just as we all do. Marijuana use or not. As I deal with my medical conditions, cannabis has offered the most consistent relief. I moved to Michigan to legitimize my choice in medical treatment.

I think this research on brick weed will become a very useful part to create this necessary separation. To the extent that all the efforts of our supporters can be aligned and coordinated towards shedding the negative connotation of stoners and drug dealers from the public mindset by replacing with information that accentuate how accepting cannabis into mainstream mindset improves quality of life, will be the margin of victory on either side.

/rant

Not to derail the really confusing point of view of poo eating, but have I told you I am an Idea Guy?

Probably newsworthy. Could carry a theme of MMJ advocates separating themselves from criminally imported and criminally distributed marijuana, saying we do not support Marijuana, we support healing.

If the hypothesis is correct, we will find harmful contaminants at a substantially higher level in the criminal elements specimen. Thus validating the value of medical marijuana as well as validating the need to discourage street level marijuana use.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Cheech and Chong are the worst thing to happen to marijuana. The negative stereotypes of recreational marijuana users, esp "stoners" via the "stoner comedy" genre have undermined a wonderful resource for healing and enlightenment in the human experience. Don't get me wrong, I laugh when I watch stoner comedies. They are comedies.

In a battle for public opinion, there should be publicity that creates a separation by MMJ advocates from both criminal and stoner labels by media and the public. I am a stereotypical stoner by the way, but I am a grown man who has suffered from my version of life, just as we all do. Marijuana use or not. As I deal with my medical conditions, cannabis has offered the most consistent relief. I moved to Michigan to legitimize my choice in medical treatment.

I think this research on brick weed will become a very useful part to create this necessary separation. To the extent that all the efforts of our supporters can be aligned and coordinated towards shedding the negative connotation of stoners and drug dealers from the public mindset by replacing with information that accentuate how accepting cannabis into mainstream mindset improves quality of life, will be the margin of victory on either side.

/rant

You've never heard that one before ? It might be called a visual metaphor...

Really the only difference between the ' stoners ' and you are that you're legal and they unfortunatley are not. each recieves the similar benefits of the herb. Remember, this is America, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Thanks for yours.

Cheech and Chong the worst thing to happen to Cannabis ? How about Drug Wars, Zero tolerance, Forfieture Laws, Jail, being deamonized, criminalized, deprived of educational as well as employment opportunities ...

It might have some value as compost as it is only plant material. Except for all the toxins You-all have infested it with. Maybe you heard the one about Fire being the Devils only friend ? Why do they always burn it ? Symbolism !

/rant

Righteous rant! Some sort of publicity stunt like you describe would help us gain more public support, but would the media cover it? I think the cannabis community is dispelling those negative stereotypes every day by being active and engaged members of our local communities. Volunteering at the food bank or soup kitchen, coaching little league baseball or soccer, holding food drives, cleaning up highways, cleaning up parks, etc goes a long way to improve our image and has the wonderful side effect of being good for you and your neighbors. You don't need to wear cannabis on your sleeve if you don't want to, people will eventually find out that you're involved in the medical marijuana movement, but what's more important is that you care about your community and want to give back. It's almost politically impossible to persecute a well-known, charitable, respected member of a community.

Showing that the mmj community are policing and educating ourselves lends us tremendous credibility as well. I think purity and potency testing can be a valuable tool to that end. We plan on publishing our findings wherever we can when we are done carrying out our tests. Hopefully we can land some op-ed space in a few alt newspapers, and heck maybe even some of the 'mainstream' publications.

Me thinks someone is missing the entire point/purpose of this thread...

Great idea on testing the brickage. I shudder to think of what the results might reveal.

I'll certainly be looking forward to the results.

Thanks for looking out!

Peace,

-genEric

Why anyone would be against finding out what chemicals and or poisons are in the street level marijuana is beyond me.

I have to agree with you, Ed. Some people see a conspiracy in everything. Let's not try and get distracted. I'm anxious to see the results.

Hey Bri... I think I can get some brick weed here. But I'm way up north. Do you guys have an interest?

Northern labs is in gaylord or you could find the nearest drop off location. I'll mail you a 5 or hit me up at the rally for a pre-roll

I'll make the exchange here, and get the sample to Gaylord in your name. I support your efforts! If you would, get five dollars worth of protein to your nearest food pantry. Tuna fish or peanut butter is good. They get burried in ramen noodles and canned veggies, but are always in need of protein.

I'll make the exchange here, and get the sample to Gaylord in your name. I support your efforts! If you would, get five dollars worth of protein to your nearest food pantry. Tuna fish or peanut butter is good. They get burried in ramen noodles and canned veggies, but are always in need of protein.

I'll make it $10 for the food bank!! thanks for looking out

Thanks Toad! Just contact me when you're ready.

989-390-6376

northernlabservices@gmail.com

I think a few grams from some of the despensarry's should be tested also,,,why not test all,,I bet you will find a lot of b.s in some so called c.g mm! I like the idea,,I can get commercial,,its available where i live,,and it isnt all bad either,,,no beans,,um nice budds,,some of the cartels do a nice job,,better than some of the c.g's! but realy test the disepenses stuff also! test it all,,lets see who is flushing who?

Peace

FTW

Jim

I think a few grams from some of the despensarry's should be tested also,,,why not test all,,I bet you will find a lot of b.s in some so called c.g mm! I like the idea,,I can get commercial,,its available where i live,,and it isnt all bad either,,,no beans,,um nice budds,,some of the cartels do a nice job,,better than some of the c.g's! but realy test the disepenses stuff also! test it all,,lets see who is flushing who?

Peace

FTW

Jim

Some imported middies would be another good candidate, Jim! Let's work out how we can make that happen. :thumbsu:

I think all dispensaries/collectives should test for potency and purity if only to fully inform patients and demonstrate good faith. The only people currently capable of forcing them into it are patients. They need to demand testing, and vote with their wallets by only purchasing meds that have been tested. I haven't done any testing at all for dispensaries directly, just for some of the farmers that supply them. These farmers' meds move a lot faster than the untested stuff they're sitting next to on the dispensary counter, simply because the patient knows what she/he is getting. The first dispensary to mandate purity and potency testing is going to grab a lot of market share and force the competition into keeping up.

I have to say I have tested very few low quality meds being sold at dispensaries in this area, and when I had to inform a farmer of the contaminants present in his product(visible mold), he went and pulled all his meds off the shelf immediately. That's not to say that all dispensary meds are good and that all farmers would do that, but of those that have come through the lab, the vast majority have been very clean when examined under my microscope and have been 10% THC or higher when we run them through the chromatograph.

Some imported middies would be another good candidate, Jim! Let's work out how we can make that happen. :thumbsu:

I think all dispensaries/collectives should test for potency and purity if only to fully inform patients and demonstrate good faith. The only people currently capable of forcing them into it are patients. They need to demand testing, and vote with their wallets by only purchasing meds that have been tested. I haven't done any testing at all for dispensaries directly, just for some of the farmers that supply them. These farmers' meds move a lot faster than the untested stuff they're sitting next to on the dispensary counter, simply because the patient knows what she/he is getting. The first dispensary to mandate purity and potency testing is going to grab a lot of market share and force the competition into keeping up.

I have to say I have tested very few low quality meds being sold at dispensaries in this area, and when I had to inform a farmer of the contaminants present in his product(visible mold), he went and pulled all his meds off the shelf immediately. That's not to say that all dispensary meds are good and that all farmers would do that, but of those that have come through the lab, the vast majority have been very clean when examined under my microscope and have been 10% THC or higher when we run them through the chromatograph.

Thats good to hear not to many low quality in the despenses,,Im surprised you found mold at all if it is from a local grower,,they dry it and dump it no curing! Probably got moldy at the dispense! wasnt dry and got sealed up! lol man im glad I dont have them problems,,can you test bho oil to check contents?

Peace

FTW

Jim

Thats good to hear not to many low quality in the despenses,,Im surprised you found mold at all if it is from a local grower,,they dry it and dump it no curing! Probably got moldy at the dispense! wasnt dry and got sealed up! lol man im glad I dont have them problems,,can you test bho oil to check contents?

Peace

FTW

Jim

I think that is what happened, it was a bit moist still, and was sealed up, and mold grew like crazy. It likely would have been fine if it were allowed to dry and cure, but since mold is so prolific in our environment (it's in almost everything, even the cleanest meds) all it takes is a bit of moisture and warmth to get it to bloom like mad.

BHO I can test, yes. I can check almost anything with cannabinoids in it for potency - edibles, tinctures, concentrates, etc. As far as looking for left over butane, I may be able to see that, but it is very difficult to determine how much is present without a calibration standard. We are set up to process liquid solutions, so any remaining butane would probably evaporate the moment the BHO was dissolved in my solvent and would never make it to the GC.

One way - this is how LongHairBri does it - to make sure that butane is totally gone is to use a double boiler to do a final 'cook' of your oil. That will not vaporize any of the cannabinoids present, but will insure that all the butane is gone, and it leaves you with a product that is more like wax than oil and is much easier to handle and store.

I think that is what happened, it was a bit moist still, and was sealed up, and mold grew like crazy. It likely would have been fine if it were allowed to dry and cure, but since mold is so prolific in our environment (it's in almost everything, even the cleanest meds) all it takes is a bit of moisture and warmth to get it to bloom like mad.

BHO I can test, yes. I can check almost anything with cannabinoids in it for potency - edibles, tinctures, concentrates, etc. As far as looking for left over butane, I may be able to see that, but it is very difficult to determine how much is present without a calibration standard. We are set up to process liquid solutions, so any remaining butane would probably evaporate the moment the BHO was dissolved in my solvent and would never make it to the GC.

One way - this is how LongHairBri does it - to make sure that butane is totally gone is to use a double boiler to do a final 'cook' of your oil. That will not vaporize any of the cannabinoids present, but will insure that all the butane is gone, and it leaves you with a product that is more like wax than oil and is much easier to handle and store.

Any chance it was mildew as in pwm ?

I think all dispensaries/collectives should test for potency and purity if only to fully inform patients and demonstrate good faith. The only people currently capable of forcing them into it are patients. They need to demand testing, and vote with their wallets by only purchasing meds that have been tested.

I was wondering how long it would be before you tried saying we all must have our gear tested

Not the least bit bias eh? lol

Blah blah blah safety of the patient$$$$$$$$$$

I was wondering how long it would be before you tried saying we all must have our gear tested

Not the least bit bias eh? lol

Blah blah blah safety of the patient$$$$$$$$$$

I think it's obvious that I have a financial interest in farmers testing for potency and purity, I won't deny it. It would be kinda silly for me to suggest that people shouldn't have their stuff tested. In full disclosure, I am also a Cg for 3 patients, including my wife and business partner. We do not supply any dispensaries and we are not affiliated with any dispensaries. We also have a personal interest in making sure we're producing the best quality meds we can for our patients. I wish meds and testing were free, but that's just not going to happen. I wish mold didn't exist, and I wish people didn't use pesticides on their plants, but that's not going to happen either.

Like I said earlier, we want to help farmers improve the quality of their products. That ultimately helps patients. I don't know of any other way to do that properly other than with laboratory testing. It's no different than your doctor charging you for an office visit or your caregiver charging you for time and materials. Just like any good doc and caregiver, or anyone for that matter, we give back when and where we can.

Archived