Bring Me Your Schwag. Need Samples

I think that is what happened, it was a bit moist still, and was sealed up, and mold grew like crazy. It likely would have been fine if it were allowed to dry and cure, but since mold is so prolific in our environment (it's in almost everything, even the cleanest meds) all it takes is a bit of moisture and warmth to get it to bloom like mad.

BHO I can test, yes. I can check almost anything with cannabinoids in it for potency - edibles, tinctures, concentrates, etc. As far as looking for left over butane, I may be able to see that, but it is very difficult to determine how much is present without a calibration standard. We are set up to process liquid solutions, so any remaining butane would probably evaporate the moment the BHO was dissolved in my solvent and would never make it to the GC.

One way - this is how LongHairBri does it - to make sure that butane is totally gone is to use a double boiler to do a final 'cook' of your oil. That will not vaporize any of the cannabinoids present, but will insure that all the butane is gone, and it leaves you with a product that is more like wax than oil and is much easier to handle and store.

you just let me know when and where you want me to get you some com weed for testing,,,there are a few dif strains available here now,,so let me know how or where to get it,,im in iosco county!

Im sure my butane is gone,,just wondering the thc content and the cannabinoids! i know it helps a few pts eat and sleep better than the mm they were using!

Peace

FTW

Jim

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you just let me know when and where you want me to get you some com weed for testing,,,there are a few dif strains available here now,,so let me know how or where to get it,,im in iosco county!

Im sure my butane is gone,,just wondering the thc content and the cannabinoids! i know it helps a few pts eat and sleep better than the mm they were using!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Thanks Jim! email or call me and we'll work something out. I'm in Gaylord, so if you come this way at all we can meet up

I wasn't sure what you meant, so I figured I'd cover it all. http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif

Thanks Jim! email or call me and we'll work something out. I'm in Gaylord, so if you come this way at all we can meet up, I can come to you, whatever. northernlabservices@gmail.com office: 989-390-6376 cell: 989-390-2061

I wasn't sure what you meant, so I figured I'd cover it all. :)

yep kewl,,sorry yes that is what i ment,,how do i get it to ya! I will give ya a call,, today isnt good but early in the week im sure we can work somthing out to get you some samples!

Peace

FTW

jim

• 2 weeks later...

We just completed our first round of purity and potency testing of street schwag, I will have a full write up done this week so everyone can take this info to their reps and senators in Lansing on the 7th.

As expected, there were lots of physical and chemical contaminants in all four of the samples. Not surprisingly, the cannabinoid levels were much lower than most medical grade cannabis, ranging from approximately 6-11% THC. Under a visual exam, we found evidence of mold and what appeared to be dirt or insect fecal particles in at least two of the four samples.

The big thing was the large amount of pesticides present in all the samples, some as high as 600 parts per million. All the pesticides we detected were present at levels 10-1000 times the tolerance levels established for food crops. Folks, please don't use this stuff, it is likely doing you more harm than good.

If anyone is interested in submitting samples (free of charge, of course) for the second edition of the Schwag Report, contact me or Bri and we'll make arrangements.

I am definatly interested in seeing those reports!! I applaud you doing this as a service to the community! I, for one, have always wondered how many impurities we were going to see once this stuff was tested. Please continue the "good work", some of us are very interested in your findings!!

I am definatly interested in seeing those reports!! I applaud you doing this as a service to the community! I, for one, have always wondered how many impurities we were going to see once this stuff was tested. Please continue the "good work", some of us are very interested in your findings!!

Thanks northerngal! We will definitely keep doing things like this, patients need to know what's out there and what's in it.

I was wondering how long it would be before you tried saying we all must have our gear tested

Not the least bit bias eh? lol

Blah blah blah safety of the patient$$$$$$$$$$

Ive met at least one of the owners of Northern Laboratories. He seemed a genuine and honest person. (wasn't to thrilled with his location! lol) But, lets be real here, testing is a good idea, though it to is a financial investment for those under going it. We had just finished developing a plan to get more farmers using our collective to get their medicine tested, and then down came the ruling. And furthermore, operating a testing facility and having people there to operate it is not free, it takes money. And as nice as volunteering is, you can't expect somebody to run a free service that takes up an entire work week, and not work.

We are not in anyways affiliated with northern labs either, for the record. In fact their location places them next door to a different collective in town, but don't demean the service. Other than a very few extremely wealthy among us, most can't afford to simply give away their services. Ensuring quality takes time and money, and there is nothing wrong with being FAIRLY compensated for quality work.

Everybody here needs to realize that insulting and squabbling amongst ourselves only HURTS our cause. We are all on the SAME TEAM HERE.

that's the thing too. the "regs" quality is up lately. the samples I submitted were green and crystally. they were compressed buds but NOT the dirty brick weed I remember. seems they step up their game here.

I may have to get some sent to me from Louisanna or Texas. they don't have medical use and are closer to the source. thats the only times I've ever quit using was working down south. I'd rather do without than smoke rope!

Ive met at least one of the owners of Northern Laboratories. He seemed a genuine and honest person. (wasn't to thrilled with his location! lol) But, lets be real here, testing is a good idea, though it to is a financial investment for those under going it. We had just finished developing a plan to get more farmers using our collective to get their medicine tested, and then down came the ruling. And furthermore, operating a testing facility and having people there to operate it is not free, it takes money. And as nice as volunteering is, you can't expect somebody to run a free service that takes up an entire work week, and not work.

We are not in anyways affiliated with northern labs either, for the record. In fact their location places them next door to a different collective in town, but don't demean the service. Other than a very few extremely wealthy among us, most can't afford to simply give away their services. Ensuring quality takes time and money, and there is nothing wrong with being FAIRLY compensated for quality work.

Everybody here needs to realize that insulting and squabbling amongst ourselves only HURTS our cause. We are all on the SAME TEAM HERE.

Thanks for your kind words. You're right, we're all on the same team here. We share the common goal of safe access to safe and effective medicine.

I have to say that the vast majority of collective owners I have met have their hearts in the right place, including you folks at Natural. The primary reason collectives exist is because there simply aren't enough good caregivers out there to supply everyone in the state with meds. I see nothing but good coming out of letting those who are at the top of their profession serve more than five patients with meds.

that's the thing too. the "regs" quality is up lately. the samples I submitted were green and crystally. they were compressed buds but NOT the dirty brick weed I remember. seems they step up their game here.

I may have to get some sent to me from Louisanna or Texas. they don't have medical use and are closer to the source. thats the only times I've ever quit using was working down south. I'd rather do without than smoke rope!

The samples actually looked pretty good under the scope, despite the contaminants. There were lots of trichomes, and very few, if any, seeds. I think you're right that they have stepped up their quality somewhat, it definitely looks better than the stuff I remember from my 20s.

Thanks for your kind words. You're right, we're all on the same team here. We share the common goal of safe access to safe and effective medicine.

I have to say that the vast majority of collective owners I have met have their hearts in the right place, including you folks at Natural. The primary reason collectives exist is because there simply aren't enough good caregivers out there to supply everyone in the state with meds. I see nothing but good coming out of letting those who are at the top of their profession serve more than five patients with meds.

The samples actually looked pretty good under the scope, despite the contaminants. There were lots of trichomes, and very few, if any, seeds. I think you're right that they have stepped up their quality somewhat, it definitely looks better than the stuff I remember from my 20s.

Betting its not south of the border schwag then. Could easily be US grown "commercial" compressed and transported from wherever else in the nation.

Betting its not south of the border schwag then. Could easily be US grown "commercial" compressed and transported from wherever else in the nation.

That's quite possible. I know there is a lot of commercial outdoor growing going on, especially in the South. It's basically replaced moonshine as an income stream in many areas.

I wish we had a better idea of the origins of these samples. I'm going to avoid making any assumptions in the write up as to where these samples were grown, because we really have no way of telling.

I really can't decide which is worse, Americans poisoning their fellow citizens with pesticide laden cannabis, or importers poisoning Americans with pesticide laden cannabis. Either way, people really need to stop buying this stuff.

Pesticides, huh? Interesting. I wonder where the four samples came from. Cannabis is pretty resistant to pests outdoors from what I've seen. Could these samples be US indoor commercial bud?

Also another good possibility. The three primary pesticides we detected were Permethrins, Cypermethrins, and beta-Cyluthrin.

Because some of the concentrations were as high as 600+ ppm, I wonder if some of this cannabis was sprayed with insecticide post harvest. Again, there is no way to tell, but 600 ppm of any of those substances is quite alarming.

That's quite possible. I know there is a lot of commercial outdoor growing going on, especially in the South. It's basically replaced moonshine as an income stream in many areas.

I wish we had a better idea of the origins of these samples. I'm going to avoid making any assumptions in the write up as to where these samples were grown, because we really have no way of telling.

I really can't decide which is worse, Americans poisoning their fellow citizens with pesticide laden cannabis, or importers poisoning Americans with pesticide laden cannabis. Either way, people really need to stop buying this stuff.

Thats what happens when the state allows criminal to be a primary source of meds. >:(

Thats what happens when the state allows criminal to be a primary source of meds. >:(

Yes...When illegal foreign and local drug cartels are protected better by LE than us legal MC Patients this is going to happen. But thats what LE wants! So they say to the public look, they're poisoning the sick.

I know seven Patients growing outside and hundreds more indoor gardeners and all use pesticides/fungicides that are all natural organic (plant) based compounds.

I use a hemp based peppermint liquid soap when needed for pests and haven't had any problems for quite a while and for fungi I use a all organic compound, and I could drink straight from both the bottle if I wanted to.

(But I haven't had to eat soap since I was nine for swearing...)

We just completed our first round of purity and potency testing of street schwag, I will have a full write up done this week so everyone can take this info to their reps and senators in Lansing on the 7th.

As expected, there were lots of physical and chemical contaminants in all four of the samples. Not surprisingly, the cannabinoid levels were much lower than most medical grade cannabis, ranging from approximately 6-11% THC. Under a visual exam, we found evidence of mold and what appeared to be dirt or insect fecal particles in at least two of the four samples.

The big thing was the large amount of pesticides present in all the samples, some as high as 600 parts per million. All the pesticides we detected were present at levels 10-1000 times the tolerance levels established for food crops. Folks, please don't use this stuff, it is likely doing you more harm than good.

If anyone is interested in submitting samples (free of charge, of course) for the second edition of the Schwag Report, contact me or Bri and we'll make arrangements.

I appreciate the information and look forward to your full report, however, i would need some valid comparators to be able to make any value judgements. Your test results for Cali' OD imports, local "corn" weed, and similarly priced (and as poorly grown) dispensary meds would allow the reader to bracket, rather than brand the low-end alternatives.

I appreciate the information and look forward to your full report, however, i would need some valid comparators to be able to make any value judgements. Your test results for Cali' OD imports, local "corn" weed, and similarly priced (and as poorly grown) dispensary meds would allow the reader to bracket, rather than brand the low-end alternatives.

I agree with that. This is just the beginning of our research on the subject. I wish we had a better idea of where this commercial product is coming from, but it's nearly impossible to find out - for obvious reasons.

I have performed pesticide tests on a number of dispensary and CG sourced meds, and they have all been very visually clean and 100% free of the pesticides we test for. Of course, the folks that have the pesticide test run already know that we're not going to see anything in their meds, because they don't use pesticides. They do it because they want proof of their claims for everyone to see.

For our next couple of rounds of the Schwag Report we will seriously consider including those other meds you mention in our screening.

hay northern lab if I bring a gram of my last harvest could I give it to you so you can test it ill pay on the spot I have your paper work from tarzan but I didnt want to send it through the mail

MC

Absolutely. Just give me a call to set up an appointment. Yes, please do NOT send it through the mail. Big no no! :lol:

Archived