Oil From A Fresh Green Harvest.

peanutbutter

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the capabilities of this SA 4 carbon and the centrifuge up close yesterday. VERY IMPRESSIVE! (yes, shouting is necessary :)

This really is a breakthrough, IMO, to making RSO more palatable and safer for patients, as activated charcoal not only removes chlorophyll, it is also used in the food industry to remove mycotoxins from vegetable based oils. It is my belief, that without activated charcoal, many (if any) mycotoxins present in the feedstock (bud, trim, etc) would be extracted and concentrated into the oil. The toxin and chlorophyll removing abilities of activated charcoal also opens up the possibility that lower quality feedstocks can be used to make top quality oils - IE moldy buds, low quality trim, etc.

Some mycotoxins, like aflatoxin B1, are pretty potent carcinogens, not to mention seriously dangerous to those that are already weakened by illness. If only for safety reasons, it is my opinion that carbon filtering be universally incorporated into the Simpson Oil making process. We certainly do not want to try and cure one cancer or any number of other things, while simultaneously giving the patient more health problems down the road.

The challenge we face is getting oil makers across the state access to a piece of equipment that will remove the carbon after it has done its job. A centrifuge is ideal, IMO, but somewhat expensive. A community centrifuge, with costs and usage shared by compassion clubs in a given area, could be an ideal way to acquire and distribute use of such an expensive piece of equipment. The pump, filter, and beaker apparatus is another very good option, not to mention much more affordable, and I would like to see how much carbon it gets back vs a centrifuge to see if the added expense of a centrifuge would be worth it.

Any thoughts???

Thank you everyone for your contributions to this thread and, the process of making RSO, and the movement in general! Keep up the great work!

:thumbsu:

Archived