The Pot Erradication Team Just Left My Green House

fourtraxguy

I am still not clear here. You have a greenhouse outdoors and no roof? I thought you needed lights to do that?

BTW: My 2 cents is that you do not need a roof. If it is a locked ENCLOSED facility with security BETTER than a locked room or closet then you are good. I say "better" because if you are exposing the plants to a vertical view then this is a higher hazard from rippers and other criminals so to be EQUAL to a secured locked closet then you need to be like animal house and know that some animals are more equal than others.

Not legal advice, just my opinion, etc.

check this out. prisons have out door yards with no roof. I would consider that to be an enclosed locked facility, wouldn't you? or we would have inmates running free if it wasn't an enclosed locked facility. so enclosed doesn't mean it needs a roof.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

check this out. prisons have out door yards with no roof. I would consider that to be an enclosed locked facility, wouldn't you? or we would have inmates running free if it wasn't an enclosed locked facility. so enclosed doesn't mean it needs a roof.

i stand firm on this contention.

the Lawyers need to be pressing the term facility. they need to stress the relationship of the term Facility, to the term PRISON.

The comparison to a prison yard has been made before. The last one I looked at had a fence that was well over twenty feet. It was topped with razor wire, there was a second inner fence with razor wire along the ground covering the entire area between the inner and outer fences. Now all of that is against most city ordinances. There are limits on fence heights and the use of razor or barbed wire in most cities. Maybe outside of the cities in more rural areas you can get away with some of this.

If someone can climb over your six foot fence is your area really secure? And to prove it to the local PA do you want to spend time seeing that prison yard from the inside? I wouldn't. But I also think an error like this should not result in any real punishment beyond being told to put a top on it. IF that's what is determined we have to do to be compliant. Please don't think I'm not defending what has been done to some. These issues are not being handled correctly. A small mistake and suddenly the PA wants to convict you of a felony when at the most it should be like a traffic ticket. Fix it and we'll let it go. There is a lack of respect on the part of LEO that needs to be corrected in many areas.

I am still not clear here. You have a greenhouse outdoors and no roof? I thought you needed lights to do that?

BTW: My 2 cents is that you do not need a roof. If it is a locked ENCLOSED facility with security BETTER than a locked room or closet then you are good. I say "better" because if you are exposing the plants to a vertical view then this is a higher hazard from rippers and other criminals so to be EQUAL to a secured locked closet then you need to be like animal house and know that some animals are more equal than others.

Not legal advice, just my opinion, etc.

re read my story,i did mention that i have a roof. i asked the cops about the roof while they were at my house,they said it is not needed.i have since removed to plastic covering the fenced roof,allowing more light to shine in.we live up in the country,rippers and other criminals are scarce here,but do exist.i have no niehbors,and my greenhouse is directly behind my home down in a valley.i have motion detectors and a few hunting "game cameras" around here.and a great watch dog patroling my property.being ripped off is always a concern,but is highly unlikely,being harrased by the local law on the other hand is a commonplace around here as "real crime" around here is scarce, so they need something to do i suppose.there are many outdoor grows around here,almost all have been "checked" lately by leo.i have not heard of one that was siezed,and most do not have any type of "roof". thanks for the 2 cents lawyercg, it is all appreciated.

These are excellent videos exspecially the last one. But on video one chapter 4 when the cops come to your door is informing you incorrectly on one part. during police encounters they suggested you open the door walk out and close the door behind you. THAT IS BAD ADVICE!! you NEVER NEVER open the door for the police. opening the door allows them to push there way in or see something like a pipe that will give them propable cause for an unjust search. Or if you open the door they can say they smell weed, now you have problems.

NEVER NEVER OPEN THE DOOR FOR THE POLICE. :growl: shout through the door or have them call your cell phone. If they have a warrent they won't be knocking, LOL. see the 18 sec video on how to handle the police when they come knocking.

since police are trained professional lyiers, and they say they do have a warrent, let them kick in the door. if they are lying about the search warrent they are unlikely to kick in the door. I can always buy a new door, much cheaper than going to jail for some B.S.

very good advice,i am not doing anything illegal,and have nothing to hide,never have.i handled them like a pro. they knew the minute i started schooling them on the mmj laws and human rights that i wasnt going to cave and let them unjustly search or sieze anything.i kept my composure,talked to them with respect,and in return,they respected me and left. thanks for the reply.

The comparison to a prison yard has been made before. The last one I looked at had a fence that was well over twenty feet. It was topped with razor wire, there was a second inner fence with razor wire along the ground covering the entire area between the inner and outer fences. Now all of that is against most city ordinances. There are limits on fence heights and the use of razor or barbed wire in most cities. Maybe outside of the cities in more rural areas you can get away with some of this.

If someone can climb over your six foot fence is your area really secure? And to prove it to the local PA do you want to spend time seeing that prison yard from the inside? I wouldn't. But I also think an error like this should not result in any real punishment beyond being told to put a top on it. IF that's what is determined we have to do to be compliant. Please don't think I'm not defending what has been done to some. These issues are not being handled correctly. A small mistake and suddenly the PA wants to convict you of a felony when at the most it should be like a traffic ticket. Fix it and we'll let it go. There is a lack of respect on the part of LEO that needs to be corrected in many areas.

not to mention every prison i have seen has 24 hour guards...some in towers with rifles..

if u plan to have a guard tower, video surveillance and a response team then u might not need a roof...

this argument about legal outdoor grows is very interesting. i personally can't do it, my yard doesn't have enough sunlight to make it worth it right now.. but if i were to attempt it, i would personally defiantly put a chainlink roof on it... rather or not i covered that with a non-transparent membrane is still up in the air... no pun intended **Smile**

not to mention every prison i have seen has 24 hour guards...some in towers with rifles..

if u plan to have a guard tower, video surveillance and a response team then u might not need a roof...

this argument about legal outdoor grows is very interesting. i personally can't do it, my yard doesn't have enough sunlight to make it worth it right now.. but if i were to attempt it, i would personally defiantly put a chainlink roof on it... rather or not i covered that with a non-transparent membrane is still up in the air... no pun intended **Smile**

ther is no more arguement about it in this county,the police told me that i did not need a roof although i have one,dont even need plastic on walls. so i removed the roof plastic that covered the roof fencing,they have jumped a foot since thursday,thank you po po!!

Can you get us pics of an acceptable outdoor facility? Do you have a chain link roof as the previous poster described?

Thanks!

i have tried several times to upload pics on here and for some reason nothing happens! the roof isnt chain link,its just some stuff i got at home depot,its not as rigid as chain link,its got rectangles that are like 6 inch by 2 inch,im guessing 16 guage.i had 6 mill plastic over it until the cops said i dont need plastic.{or even a roof!} one of my friends that got paid a visit that same day by the same a- holes only had chicken wire over his 60, 8 foot plants,and chicken wire walls with a gate that has a padlock.it passed with flying colors. i know of another grow with no roof, 60 x 60 fenced in yard{ five foot chainlink} with over 90, 8-12 foot plants,that also passed. i guess its where you live and the sheriffs opinion,dont seem fair, but that seems to be the case in michigan for now.

Ask and ye shall receive...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28101571/2010-08-24_15-42-29_396.jpg

Dr. Bob

thanks dr.bob, that looks similar to mine,and that will pass in this county no problem.nice plants,hope to put some of mine on here,as soon as i figure out why they wont upload,they are some of my finest outdoor plants ever.

A helecopter with FLIR can find one plant ?

yes.

without a doubt.

we listened to them guiding ground officers in to remove one plant at a time in many cases..

cannabis reflects infrared light at a specific wavelength, and the plant will "glow" under the camera, and IR beam of light.

they were able to find plants under plastic covered roofs, so visually it would have been impossible without the camera to see through plastic.

Mod Edited a couple words out

yes.

without a doubt.

we listened to them guiding ground officers in to remove one plant at a time in many cases..

cannabis reflects infrared light at a specific wavelength, and the plant will "glow" under the camera, and IR beam of light.

they were able to find plants under plastic covered roofs, so visually it would have been impossible without the camera to see through plastic.

Mod Edited a couple words out

ummm,yes.my mom lives a mile from me and thay found one plant in her "well landscaped yard" it was well blended in with other yard plants and decorations,the chopper made one pass across her yard and the next thing you know the law was there! they took the plant and did not write her up as shes never had a single ticket in her life and is 68 years old.but yes,flir picked it up easily.

I'm in Charlevoix county, and saw the choppers all over for a couple days. Some of my friends were paid visits also. They were told everything looked good and they left. The story of the woman with one plant in her landscaping being detected, makes me wonder how the biggest grows I know of (72-98 plants each) got missed. Did they get missed, or will they be back?

I'm in Charlevoix county, and saw the choppers all over for a couple days. Some of my friends were paid visits also. They were told everything looked good and they left. The story of the woman with one plant in her landscaping being detected, makes me wonder how the biggest grows I know of (72-98 plants each) got missed. Did they get missed, or will they be back?

They very well might be monitoring those grows, and building up evidence against whoever is tending them. They might be checking grows that are on private property, since there is a property owner they know they can (potentially) charge, but if you are talking about public land grows, they may be waiting.

FLIR does not work that way. It can't distinguish a marijuana plant from any other plant. It only detects surface temperature. Nothing more. It can't see through walls either.

so sorry to disappoint..

this generation of forward looking infra red can and does "see" cannabis. even through plastic coverings. windows, and any opaque glass or plastic.

all "things" made of molecules reflect a "signature" of returned light. depending on what the surface materials are made of.....

plants are no different and cannabis is "not native" to Michigan. it absolutely reflects infrared light at a specific wavelength, and flir can distinguish this plant separate from all local vegetation very easily.

down to one plant.

through coverings.

even when u think it can't be seen..

seriously what do you think they spent all that money on? better computers to connect with better cameras, to convict more citizens so the budget can be preserved...

FLIR does not work that way. It can't distinguish a marijuana plant from any other plant. It only detects surface temperature. Nothing more. It can't see through walls either.

so sorry to disappoint..

this generation of forward looking infra red can and does "see" cannabis. even through plastic coverings. windows, and any opaque glass or plastic.

all "things" made of molecules reflect a "signature" of returned light. depending on what the surface materials are made of.....

plants are no different and cannabis is "not native" to Michigan. it absolutely reflects infrared light at a specific wavelength, and flir can distinguish this plant separate from all local vegetation very easily.

down to one plant.

through coverings.

even when u think it can't be seen..

seriously what do you think they spent all that money on? better computers to connect with better cameras, to convict more citizens so the budget can be preserved...

Show me proof!!!

Not buying it been scanned for years

Pine trees and herb carry similar heat signatures

I am calling BS!

well..

i can't provide proof positive at this juncture..

that being said..

my personal experience. recently.. i listened to my scanner. the police helicopter reports a heat signature.. they directed the ground units in...

i listened live as a trooper found one plant....

from the helicopters heat signature....

from the flir camera.

i saw on history channel how this was possible 10 years ago... i mean right now u can buy a camera that allows a contractor to view the heat signature of a home, and the heat loss through any solid material so a person can choose a better window... available at home depot right now....

is it so difficult to believe a camera can be tuned to a specific wavelength of light, and then a beam of infrared is cast down which will reflect a direct signal? i mean a $20 camera that hooks up to my computer can do that....

if u think for one second they aren't scanning the hillsides, and seeing cannabis "glow specifically" on their screen.....

then i guess i am surprised...

i thought it was common knowledge...

that technology existed 10 years ago..

now with over inflated budgets they have gone beyond in what they are capable of doing to invade our rights, and protect their budget.

i am just saying..

not trying to convince anyone, or sway any opinions here... i believe in what i believe in because of the culmination of my life's experiences.

i just state my opinions.

if u choose to agree......

then great......

if u choose to disagree.....

then great.....

if u choose to look for more information because i provoked a though or interest...

then...

priceless.....

peace..

and much love..

:D

Archived