The Pot Erradication Team Just Left My Green House

fourtraxguy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing a flir camera can detect is heat. The only way a marijuana plant will stand out is if it has a different temperature than the surrounding area. For example the temperature is 100 degrees outside and someone just watered the plant with 65 degree water. Now it stands out. Not only the ground but possibly the plant too as it draws up the cold water. There is no unique marker to a marijuana plant that lights it up. What they usually find are water lines and other equipment associated with the outdoor grow are a different temperature. They then use high powered binoculars to view the ground. If flir could do as you suggest they would find every plant every time. It's a myth.

I don't see anything in that link that says a marijuana plant has a unique heat signature that reveals the plant.

well..

i can't provide proof positive at this juncture..

that being said..

my personal experience. recently.. i listened to my scanner. the police helicopter reports a heat signature.. they directed the ground units in...

i listened live as a trooper found one plant....

from the helicopters heat signature....

from the flir camera.

i saw on history channel how this was possible 10 years ago... i mean right now u can buy a camera that allows a contractor to view the heat signature of a home, and the heat loss through any solid material so a person can choose a better window... available at home depot right now....

is it so difficult to believe a camera can be tuned to a specific wavelength of light, and then a beam of infrared is cast down which will reflect a direct signal? i mean a $20 camera that hooks up to my computer can do that....

if u think for one second they aren't scanning the hillsides, and seeing cannabis "glow specifically" on their screen.....

then i guess i am surprised...

i thought it was common knowledge...

that technology existed 10 years ago..

now with over inflated budgets they have gone beyond in what they are capable of doing to invade our rights, and protect their budget.

i am just saying..

not trying to convince anyone, or sway any opinions here... i believe in what i believe in because of the culmination of my life's experiences.

i just state my opinions.

if u choose to agree......

then great......

if u choose to disagree.....

then great.....

if u choose to look for more information because i provoked a though or interest...

then...

priceless.....

peace..

and much love..

:D

very well explained,i am total

ly with you on this subject my friend

well..

i can't provide proof positive at this juncture..

that being said..

my personal experience. recently.. i listened to my scanner. the police helicopter reports a heat signature.. they directed the ground units in...

i listened live as a trooper found one plant....

from the helicopters heat signature....

from the flir camera.

i saw on history channel how this was possible 10 years ago... i mean right now u can buy a camera that allows a contractor to view the heat signature of a home, and the heat loss through any solid material so a person can choose a better window... available at home depot right now....

is it so difficult to believe a camera can be tuned to a specific wavelength of light, and then a beam of infrared is cast down which will reflect a direct signal? i mean a $20 camera that hooks up to my computer can do that....

if u think for one second they aren't scanning the hillsides, and seeing cannabis "glow specifically" on their screen.....

then i guess i am surprised...

i thought it was common knowledge...

that technology existed 10 years ago..

now with over inflated budgets they have gone beyond in what they are capable of doing to invade our rights, and protect their budget.

i am just saying..

not trying to convince anyone, or sway any opinions here... i believe in what i believe in because of the culmination of my life's experiences.

i just state my opinions.

if u choose to agree......

then great......

if u choose to disagree.....

then great.....

if u choose to look for more information because i provoked a though or interest...

then...

priceless.....

peace..

and much love..

:D

very well explained,i am total

ly with you on this subject my friend

I'm speaking of outdoor grows on private property . They are fenced and locked. Just hard to believe that they find the guy's a mile, but miss these. They are not hidden at all. One is the center of a 20 acre field. Maybe too obvious? I hope so.

mine is in the middle of a 20 acre field,banjo. im quite sure we know each other.

I've seen 'em fly right over grows and NOT detect them. Not saying their infrared equipment is a joke but it's not 100% either.

i have had them fly low,and even hover over my crops in years past without seeing them.i do know this for a fact,some of the choppers they use do not have flir,some do not,the national guard ones do,the local choppers that the sherrif contracts out do not.its a crapshoot.

yes.

without a doubt.

we listened to them guiding ground officers in to remove one plant at a time in many cases..

cannabis reflects infrared light at a specific wavelength, and the plant will "glow" under the camera, and IR beam of light.

they were able to find plants under plastic covered roofs, so visually it would have been impossible without the camera to see through plastic.

Mod Edited a couple words out

what kind of scanner do you have most cops are now blocked, esp the dea?

what kind of scanner do you have most cops are now blocked, esp the dea?

i was over at a friends house up the road here. i am not posative on which brand he owns but paid near $500 for it. i want one... after listening to them...

the hunt and sting teams were broadcasting scrambled signals, but the sheriff, state police, and helicopter were all broadcasting on open frequency.

we listened for a few hrs as they did raids all over this area, alcona county, and the surrounding areas.

many were left alone, many were chopped down, some people are probably in trouble.

they don't always use the bird with the camera, many times its a straight up eyeball shot in the dark.

2 weeks ago when we listened to them.. they had a camera, and were using it.

:pic:

:angry:

is this a violation of our rights? it is if they point that camera at my house... but i guess it's not if they point it at my yard or shed....

:growl:

i don't grow outdoors. i am in town in a residential hood, and it wouldn't fly here...

not to mention the trees in my yard...

is this a violation of our rights? it is if they point that camera at my house... but i guess it's not if they point it at my yard or shed....

:growl:

The rule established some time ago by the Supremes is that the po po cannot use technology unavailable to the general public to look inside your house. The problem as has been pointed out is this technology is now 10 years old and available on e-bay. The outside of the house is another matter. When you reach an area known in legal circles as the curtilage then the rules change big time in favor of the man.

Archived