Looks Like Otsego Won't Play Ball

I spend alot of money every winter in that county. Snowmobiles arent cheap to ride!! I guess im going to send a nice letter letting them know i will be taking my patronage elsewhere! Michealscott needs to send a letter also. Thats his back yard. Thanks for the info friend! Medcnman.

the state says we must have insurance on our vehicles to use them on the road, and they must be registerd.

the county can not say, on top of that, you must have new tires ever year, and you must have your vehicle inpectrd for county safety measures every 6 monts, or ever.

anything the county mandates, must fall under or inline with state laws, but they can not exceed or superceed State Laws or Mandates.

It is simply against the state constitution.

the state says we must have insurance on our vehicles to use them on the road, and they must be registerd.

the county can not say, on top of that, you must have new tires ever year, and you must have your vehicle inpectrd for county safety measures every 6 monts, or ever.

anything the county mandates, must fall under or inline with state laws, but they can not exceed or superceed State Laws or Mandates.

It is simply against the state constitution.

I get lost in all the wherofs and whoforths of legal speak but that one I understood. Thank you. Medcnman.

Ps. Is there a link to this rule? This could be a powerful piece of defense against townships that try to ban MM.

I spend alot of money every winter in that county. Snowmobiles arent cheap to ride!! I guess im going to send a nice letter letting them know i will be taking my patronage elsewhere! Michealscott needs to send a letter also. Thats his back yard. Thanks for the info friend! Medcnman.

I just want to point out that this isn't Otsego COUNTY, but Otsego TOWNSHIP. Totally different areas of the state. Otsego Township is on the SW side of the LP and Otsego County is 50 miles south of the Mackinac bridge.

Now, there very well could be excellent snowmobiling in SW mich so your comments could still be directed at the township for all I know, just thought I'd clear up any confusion over the locations.

Thanks for the clarification NL...I was thinking Otsego County as well. Last I knew they were fairly amiable, is that still the case? IMO, the northern areas of the state are most in need of relaible distribution of meds...I've spoken with several dispensary owners who indicate an uneasy truce with LEO...is that your understanding?

Thanks for the clarification NL...I was thinking Otsego County as well. Last I knew they were fairly amiable, is that still the case? IMO, the northern areas of the state are most in need of relaible distribution of meds...I've spoken with several dispensary owners who indicate an uneasy truce with LEO...is that your understanding?

Yes, that seems to be the case. There hasn't been anything major since the Bay medical stuff, so it seems that no news is good news. I'm still conducting business as usual as a caregiver and lab. There are a couple stores open as normal, and the one I rent space from is treading water and taking a wait and see approach.

I agree that reliable access to meds is a problem for some up north here. We helped start an original model compassion club here to try and help address that issue, but it certainly was easier for patients to access meds before McQueen.

ok I have a lil house in a private subdivison in the north central part of the state. we have a private lake assoc it cost every one 90 bucks a yr for association dues. The lake is land locked by all private property, there realy is no way to get on the lake with out a boat ramp key (which is impossible to copy) the assoc lets the sheriff in to patrol our lake! our association has rules for the lake and for the size of your home, no bussinesses, etc. now those are association rules! the twp or county will not enforce them if it is not part of state law. if it is just an assoc rule tough poop they say! which is good imo. they dont even want a guy who is self employed to have a sign on his vehicles parked in his driveway! our assoc has been trying to get this person fined for some time now. Dont get me wrong if the guy had a bunch of junk out all over his property and it looked like crap, id be on board with it, but he has a beautiful home very well kept yard. The only thing the poor guy is trying to do is earn a living for his family, he has 2 vans with the electric companys name on it! Who cares? Leave the poor guy alone. I live like at least 1 1/2 hrs away from that property, but I always make the assocation meetings and twp meetings, It is my only property and it is where i go to vote still!

Bottom line is, I love going to these meetings where they try and pass something that is not a twp or county or state law! I always get time to speak, and I always condemn them (the assoc officers) for trying to make our lil spot on earth there lil nazi zone! :rolleyes:

every 2 yrs im asked to run for a board possision. I dont live there! I do enjoy vactioning there and I do enjoy going to the meetings to make sure my best interests are met! I dont know about the rest of you folks, but i dont see a prob with a person having there biz name on there vehicles in front of there homes in there drive ways when they are home for the evening and nite! its not like they put a bill board sign on there property to advertise there business!

now on the other side of the coin,,not to be a biggot or anything! I dont care what peoples sexual or race or any kind of orientation,,but we have a gay man on our lake who actulay has a sign up and has business hrs for his artistic business he is running from his home. with an actual lobby and signs saying when he is open and closed. Now i have to ask who is this person blowing to get away with this, and who isnt the electrician blowing?

The old saying still holds,,its not who ya know, It is who ya blow! :sword:

They say they dont have the police force to enforce the state law, yet they want to impose more regulations that would require more work from LEO? Doesnt make any sense to me. lol

“I think we should just ban it, and leave it at the federal level. We don’t have a police force to enforce it, and we are going to be open to litigation either way we go.”

found this on another thread

117.36 Charter provisions; conflict.

Sec. 36. No provision of any city charter shall conflict with or contravene the provisions of any general law

of the state.

History: 1909, Act 279, Eff. Sept. 1, 1909;¾CL 1915, 3339;¾CL 1929, 2272;¾CL 1948, 117.36.

http://www.legislatu...279-of-1909.pdf

MMM act of 2008

(e) All other acts and parts of acts inconsistent with this act do not apply to the medical use of marihuana as provided for by this act.

Archived