Lemon Cake Flower Time

MrShpongle

Getting ready to harvest my first Lemon Cake. So far she is *the bomb* - best plant I've grown in the last 6 months. She's under 1000 watt HPS and on day 87, but the trichs are only 50/50 with no amber showing anywhere. Is this typical? Everything other than the trichs says "harvest now", but I don't want to shortchange myself. Plus, I'm going away for the next 5 days, so it's either cut now or wait until Sunday. Thoughts?

Getting ready to harvest my first Lemon Cake. So far she is *the bomb* - best plant I've grown in the last 6 months. She's under 1000 watt HPS and on day 87, but the trichs are only 50/50 with no amber showing anywhere. Is this typical? Everything other than the trichs says "harvest now", but I don't want to shortchange myself. Plus, I'm going away for the next 5 days, so it's either cut now or wait until Sunday. Thoughts?

From what ive read here from experienced LC growers is 71 is the magic day. LongHairBri or Mrd might be able to give you more info. Thanks, Medcnman.

Depends what you want. I prefer when they all go milky. Some people who want a total couch lock go for half amber which I think is way way to far. Potent as all hell but you loose a lot of the cerebral benefits probably through the degradation of cannaboids. Harvest buds at different times and decide what works for you.

Send me a couple of lbs and I can evaluate it for you. :o)

• 3 weeks later...

Depends what you want. I prefer when they all go milky. Some people who want a total couch lock go for half amber which I think is way way to far. Potent as all hell but you loose a lot of the cerebral benefits probably through the degradation of cannaboids. Harvest buds at different times and decide what works for you.

Send me a couple of lbs and I can evaluate it for you. :o)

AWB,(average white band),says tooooooo.....CUT the Cake....gimme,gimme,gimme..gonna pass it all around ! :))

• 1 month later...

MrShpongle, so when did you finally cut it down and did you havec any amber?? I cut mine down last week, after putting her into flower on November 16, 2011. She really produced for me even though I had to do a fush and she lost almost every single fan leaf because of the flush. I've got my second plant in now and she was as big going into flower as the last one got going into harvest so I really ezpect to have a onster on my hands and my first plant produce over ten ounces. Well, I dried nine ounce, have over an ounce in sugar leaf trimmings, and over four ounces in popcorn buds that I didn't dry. All in all I believe that my first grow went wonderful and Lemon Cake will stay in my garden forever.

I chopped her when she got to about 15% amber. Since I wasn't looking for a heavy couchlock from Lemon Cake, this seemed fine. After 30 days of cure, the finished product was incredible. My patients cleaned me out in 48 hours. 2 of the 3 said it was the best meds they had ever smoked in their life! LC is now almost half of my garden. It was hard giving up some other steady producers (UK Cheese, MK Ultra) but LC's combination of quality and yield was unbeatable.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived