Misdemeanor Probation

koolaidkoresh

i was recently put on probation for a bs disorderly (walking drunk) i was told i cannot use marijuana while on probation my question is can i still grow for my patients ? also i heard the michigan supreme court was going to make a decision regarding use while on probation anyone else heard this if so where could i find this info

1. Unless you are a patient, caregivers cannot smoke or ingest marijuana anyways. You can be a caregiver, but you better have discipline. Your drunk in public is not a felony drug charge so it does not preclude you from being a CG.

2. If you are going to be a CG and tinkle clean - I would not tell the probation officer. He has no way of finding out you are in the MDCH MMMP unless you tell him.

3. It is the use of medical marijuana during probation by patients that is being debated. Again, as long as you are able to abstain - you will tinkle clean and the probation officer won't find out. The probation says you cannot use it, but it did not say you cannot be a CG!

good luck, stay off the sidewalks when drinking.

DN

Generally a standard rule in all probation is that you cannot break any local, state or federal law. That includes growing unfortunately. Be careful. Here they have gone so far as to strip my familial rights as well. I cannot be with my mom or dad at their home, my sister's home, or my child's. They cannot come here. I cannot be anywhere or with anyone that knowingly possesses or while they are medicating. Best of luck. This is all worst case scenario of course for you, but happening here. Not telling your PO of all police contact is a violation in itself..

1. Unless you are a patient, caregivers cannot smoke or ingest marijuana anyways. You can be a caregiver, but you better have discipline. Your drunk in public is not a felony drug charge so it does not preclude you from being a CG.

2. If you are going to be a CG and tinkle clean - I would not tell the probation officer. He has no way of finding out you are in the MDCH MMMP unless you tell him.

3. It is the use of medical marijuana during probation by patients that is being debated. Again, as long as you are able to abstain - you will tinkle clean and the probation officer won't find out. The probation says you cannot use it, but it did not say you cannot be a CG!

DN

Just make sure that if you make and medibles, or oils that you wear gloves so as not to get THC on your skin otherwise you are going to test positive and again that would not be good. You tell your PO, "Really I wasn't smoking!!" Then you show her your CG card and now she has the address to whomever you are cg for if its more than for someone in your own home. And she tells LEO and now that person is being hunted. Not Good!! I'm not saying that you would purposely try to hurt another person, but not thinking that it could hurt someone you might show your cg cards or maybe not you but someone and that start a whole new mess.

DN

it is against federal law to grow as well evry one is regurgataing what the mdch website says i know this so let me rephrase the question has anyone renewed thier caregiver cards while on probation and were you accepted or denied

Just make sure that if you make and medibles, or oils that you wear gloves so as not to get THC on your skin otherwise you are going to test positive and again that would not be good. You tell your PO, "Really I wasn't smoking!!" Then you show her your CG card and now she has the address to whomever you are cg for if its more than for someone in your own home. And she tells LEO and now that person is being hunted. Not Good!! I'm not saying that you would purposely try to hurt another person, but not thinking that it could hurt someone you might show your cg cards or maybe not you but someone and that start a whole new mess.

donnachris your reply in no way is on topic with the thread i started i don't need a lesson in discression or on how thc enters your body thanks anyway

No on the ruling and that would not affect you anyways as your wanting to know if you can still grow and caregive while on probation. Even if you are a patient too you still won't be able to smoke nor grow. I would not look for the ruling to come back in favor of mj as while on probation or parole you can not break any fed law. Untill it gets changed at the federal level they will stand firm on that point alone. You have to sign those papers for probation as it's your choice to go on probation anyways. They can't force you on probation, YOU have to decide to do that instead of jail so when you decide to do the probation thing then you sign saying you will not break any state or fed law.

I know these are not the answers you want to hear but they are the facts my friend, they are the facts.

Sorry

Ok this is what will happen if you are on probation and send in paperwork to become a caregiver.

In a few months you will get your cg card.

Will your PO find out? Not unless you tell them or screw up and get into trouble.

The choice is yours. It's risk vs reward.

Do what's required of you while on probation, be the perfect model citizen, and don't tell anybody and odds are you will be fine. Mess one of those up and you're playing with fire.

Blackjack

Archived