Flood/drain Schedule For Ebb N Grow

Dawgster

Adjust your float in your control bucket so that it don't over flow your buckets. Need pic's of the plants as we don't know if your not flooding them enough times or drowning them. I'm not sure as I run flood tables not buckets and sounds more like a dwc grow ya got going then a eb-n-flo. I do 4 x 4 tables and control amount of flood with how long my pump runs and how high my over flo is set in the tables themselves.. Whats your ph/ec set at ??

My understanding of a resirvor system is there are basically three buckets - the big one that holds 55 gallons or more of water, then a control bucket that has a shutoff valve when the water reaches a certain level, then the plant bucket. I am guessing the plant bucket and the control bucket share the water level - so it knows when to shut off. correct?

IMO for a first hydro grow, I would still run 1 or 2 plants in soil as backup.

DN

I would still run 1 or 2 plants in soil as backup.

Yep me too and your gonna be glad you did. Same without not having a genny to back the grow up if your elec goes down. If it does go down and you cant get those pumps running to flood those buckets your plants will die in a matter of hours period.

Now I run sun shine #4 soiless in smart pots for my flood and drain tables and with using that I can go a couple days without the pots drying out and solved my back up issues tho I do have a gas powered welder that also runs the house if the elec goes down. I did have a fill hose come off on 1 of my tables and the table went 3 days before the plants started to droop and get dry. I hooked the hose back up and flooded the table and the girls where fine. This type of flood and drain is a combo of a soil grow in hydro and it seems to work dam well too. I only have to flood the tables 2 times a day for 3 minutes too and once a day would prolly work too.

Anyone try looking at hooking up a air stone pump to a battery? This might be the lifesaver for hydro people in the event of a power outage. Even battery powered lights can keep plants on their 12 or 18 hour cycle so they don't get lost - it is like an overcast day to them.

DN

great idea!! I'm gonna hook up a UPS and see how long it keeps my air running.

Archived