Issuance Of Medical Marijuana Cards Delayed

I told the House budget comity to expect days where 3000 applications per day would arrive.

Based on us being two years behind CO and CO having half the population of Michigan.

CO was having days where 1500 applications were arriving in single days. At that time, the MDCH was trying to figure out how to cope with 75 applications per day.

Want to know the volume that LARA will be dealing with? Just look at Colorado. Then multiply by two.

I told the House budget comity to expect days where 3000 applications per day would arrive.

Based on us being two years behind CO and CO having half the population of Michigan.

CO was having days where 1500 applications were arriving in single days. At that time, the MDCH was trying to figure out how to cope with 75 applications per day.

Want to know the volume that LARA will be dealing with? Just look at Colorado. Then multiply by two.

Yeah, but why would they believe you, PB. In the majority of their eyes, you're just another pathetic loser doper. <--not a dig at you, that's how they view all of the 100,000+ of us cardholders.

So many people are applying for and renewing their Michigan Medical Marijuana ID cards that the state can't print them fast enough.

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/Medical_Marijuana_Card_Issuance_Delayed_135365693.html

In that link, Celeste Clarkson says,

"Our two printers can process and print about 800 cards a day. Because of the volume of our applications and the need to issue a card to a patient as well as their designated caregiver, there are many days when we have to print up to 1500 cards."

If their capacity is 800/day, how can they occasionally print 1500 day?

Also, related story below says applications have declined to about 400 per day. If that's true, then theoretically they should eventually get caught up. We'll see.

http://www.watz.com/wire/localnews/29825_z2MI_Sees_Decline_in_Medical_Marijuana_Card_Applications_155617.php

All of this is from a House Appropriations Committee mtg that took place Thur AM in Lansing. The LARA spokesperson claimed they have a rfp out for a new card machine that will do 4,000 per day. Apparently it will also produce the cover letter, stuff the envelope and mail it. She claimed it will be in place late Feb.

All of this is from a House Appropriations Committee mtg that took place Thur AM in Lansing. The LARA spokesperson claimed they have a rfp out for a new card machine that will do 4,000 per day. Apparently it will also produce the cover letter, stuff the envelope and mail it. She claimed it will be in place late Feb.

Golly!! And it only took them three years ..

Gee .. I'll get around to locking that door sometime in the next three years ..

In that link, Celeste Clarkson says,

"Our two printers can process and print about 800 cards a day. Because of the volume of our applications and the need to issue a card to a patient as well as their designated caregiver, there are many days when we have to print up to 1500 cards."

If their capacity is 800/day, how can they occasionally print 1500 day?

Also, related story below says applications have declined to about 400 per day. If that's true, then theoretically they should eventually get caught up. We'll see.

http://www.watz.com/wire/localnews/29825_z2MI_Sees_Decline_in_Medical_Marijuana_Card_Applications_155617.php

IMO what was meant here is there capicity is 800 cards per day but that they would need to print 1500 per day to keep up.

Golly!! And it only took them three years ..

Gee .. I'll get around to locking that door sometime in the next three years ..

Still might take another 3 years. Every time they say they are doing something to

speed up the process it slows down. That ought to give you a little more time to

lock that door.

The glacial pace of card issuance is unacceptable in today's modern business environment.

Secratary of State used to be a night-mare, but now, thanks to the modern systems they make available to the customers using the SOS services, and a departmental culture that wants to quickly conclude business with SOS customers, my dealing with the SOS are a breeze!

I loves me that internet registration, and that automated license tage machine they have in the lobbies.

SOS is the benchmark for LARA.

LARA needs to be sending out an "sos" to get their house in order to operate and execute like a modern administrative services provider.

The glacial pace of card issuance is unacceptable in today's modern business environment.

Secratary of State used to be a night-mare, but now, thanks to the modern systems they make available to the customers using the SOS services, and a departmental culture that wants to quickly conclude business with SOS customers, my dealing with the SOS are a breeze!

I loves me that internet registration, and that automated license tage machine they have in the lobbies.

SOS is the benchmark for LARA.

LARA needs to be sending out an "sos" to get their house in order to operate and execute like a modern administrative services provider.

After three years, you still believe the delay is unintended?

I don't. I think it's being done intentionally. To reduce the numbers of applications. To enable law enforcement and courts to abuse patients and caregivers.

At first, I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. After a while .. it just kept getting worse and worse.

After three years, you still believe the delay is unintended?

I don't. I think it's being done intentionally. To reduce the numbers of applications. To enable law enforcement and courts to abuse patients and caregivers.

At first, I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. After a while .. it just kept getting worse and worse.

I believe that they do not have a departmental culture at LARA that empowers the worker bees at LARA to meet their customers demands in a timely and legal manner.

I believe that departmental culture is established and maintained by LARA management, and the senior management to whom LARA managers report.

The delays are intentional, driven solely by political factors, and said delays have nothing to do with the process capability to issue cards in a timely and legal manner.

I would go so far as to use the terms 'conspiracy' and 'collusion' in regards to LARA's failure as a MMJ card administrator.

first year is a chuck... they aren't hiring for a new law w/o knowing the volume. second year, dealing w bureaucracy for a new position & salaries & benefits. third year, might get a new hire & equipment to deal w the problems of the previous two years. but in the mean time, dump everything on the few people they have & it is what it is.

sounds just about right to me. it's the gov't.

first year is a chuck... they aren't hiring for a new law w/o knowing the volume. second year, dealing w bureaucracy for a new position & salaries & benefits. third year, might get a new hire & equipment to deal w the problems of the previous two years. but in the mean time, dump everything on the few people they have & it is what it is.

sounds just about right to me. it's the gov't.

Same old same old means innocent people get arrested.

• 2 months later...

Same old same old means innocent people get arrested.

The delay is totally unacceptable. I just got a card from the Veterans Administration and it was at my door with a photo in 7 days from the time I applied.

Now what on earth could explain delays like we see in this program.

I think a three year renewal would be more appropriate. Lessen the workload by a 2/3 and save the patients money. My qualifying condition is not going away. Whats the point?

There is nothing I have seen since this act passed that indicates the State has any intentions of complying with the will of the voters. Makes me crazy.

The delay is totally unacceptable. I just got a card from the Veterans Administration and it was at my door with a photo in 7 days from the time I applied.

Now what on earth could explain delays like we see in this program.

I think a three year renewal would be more appropriate. Lessen the workload by a 2/3 and save the patients money. My qualifying condition is not going away. Whats the point?

There is nothing I have seen since this act passed that indicates the State has any intentions of complying with the will of the voters. Makes me crazy.

A 2 year renewal was mentioned in the hearings today. Not elaborated on but it was mentioned. Medcnman.

Archived