This Is The Stuff We're Up Against.

Here's an example of what's being put out there in an effort to condemn and control the truth about cannabis and MMJ.

US MI: LTE: Arguments To End Marijuana Prohibition Are False

facebook.gif stumble.gif diggit.gif reddit.gif delicious.gif

URL: http://www.mapinc.or...2/n015/a01.html

Newshawk: http://www.drugsense.org/donate.htm

Votes: 0

Pubdate: Fri, 06 Jan 2012

Source: Bay City Times, The (MI)

Copyright: 2012 Pat Reif

Details: http://www.mapinc.org/media/1453

Author: Pat Reif

ARGUMENTS TO END MARIJUANA PROHIBITION ARE FALSE AND MISLEADING

Marijuana should remain illegal under Michigan state law. The arguments put forth by the 2012 Michigan Ballot to End Marijuana Prohibition initiative are false and misleading.

They say the prohibition of marijuana decreases the health and public safety of Michigan families. Serious? It's hard enough to keep kids from alcohol abuse, let alone drug use.

They say prohibition makes it easier for minors to obtain the stuff. The truth is if it's legal, more younger kids will be pressured to use it.

They say it would take the pressure off policing and actually create a better relationship with law enforcement. I think it will increase crime, as there will be more people under the influence.

There are lots of facts on the consequences of marijuana use. Check out the National Institute on Drug Abuse for a wealth of information.

The Heritage Foundation reports that science proves marijuana is an addictive substance. It impairs mental and physical functions, and is associated with all kinds of conditions such as memory loss, cancer and birth defects, to name a few.

Research also shows that in areas of decriminalization, crime and violence are the direct result of marijuana trafficking.

However, even without these facts I have the common sense to realize that legalization of marijuana will lead to increased crime, the further breakdown of the family, addictions, increased dependency on Michigan's welfare system and increased use by children.

Pat Reif, Blumfield Township

MAP posted-by: Jo-D

What legalizing will do is save the lives of 6% of the current population from criminal consequences which are fragmenting society , ruining lives for the benefit of those who positioned themselves to abuse them for profit . In one move 6% of the population of whom a large portion have been forced into the underground economy will be brought back into society in a inclusive manner which benefits all . The truth is some of the tens of thousands of individuals who suffer terribly without relief from mental and physical pain whom end up disabled and or could succumb to suicide are often able to cope with life after learning how to self medicate with cannabis . It saddens me to have seen several people die since drug testing and zero tolerance began whom previously were productive employees and family providers often awarded honors by their employers until testing positive and fired without references .This after decades of service in some cases .

What legalizing will do is save the lives of 6% of the current population from criminal consequences which are fragmenting society , ruining lives for the benefit of those who positioned themselves to abuse them for profit . In one move 6% of the population of whom a large portion have been forced into the underground economy will be brought back into society in a inclusive manner which benefits all . The truth is some of the tens of thousands of individuals who suffer terribly without relief from mental and physical pain whom end up disabled and or succumb to suicide are able to cope with life after learning how to self medicated with cannabis . It saddens me to have seen several people die since drug testing and zero tolerance began whom previously were productive employees and family providers often awarded honors by their employers until testing positive and fired without references .This after decades of service in some cases .

Put very nicely.

Good god... there isn't a shred of evidence that mj causes birth defects (it actually halves the first year death rate of newborns), and there's overwhelming evidence it kills cancer.

When we got started with the MMMA Torey weight was 88 lb that is why we got a card but now we cant use it any longer because she is to scared to even think about useing it

she takes the safe way out ( PILL'S)

Yes it is truly a bunch of lies, but the fact is this is very mild compared to what is coming.

There is almost an unlimited budget to fight us, and they have not even stated spending yet. Once the signatures are collected, drug and alcohol companies, together with the state and the likes of bill schuette will start plastering TV, newspapers, and all the other media outlets with millions of dollars worth of these lies. It will be a tough fight, because I don't think we have millions of dollars to counter these lies. Many will know the truth, and many will believe the lies. I hope there are enough people with the ability to put the necessary time into this effort, the other side has already started. we have to start somewhere since they are not honoring the law we currently have, and that will only get worse as the state continues to hack it to pieces. I suppose they leave us no choice, and there is only one proposal that I know about. It will be an ugly fight for sure, I hope we are ready for what is coming our way.

The Heritage Foundation

That about says it all right there. Does the dumbarse know who they are ??? Jesus.........

Call them out, on every comment section of EVERY story they print. We can not let them spin this and we can't stop the spin by just thinking someone else will do it for you. Get off that couch and help us help you.............................

When we got started with the MMMA Torey weight was 88 lb that is why we got a card but now we cant use it any longer because she is to scared to even think about useing it

she takes the safe way out ( PILL'S)

This is so sad. I understand the situation a little Bob and Torey and my heart goes out to you both.

Chuck

Archived