Just Applied...now What

Greetings all! I'm Mike and I'm brand new to this community, looks awesome though! I just applied on Feb 17th, 2012, for my card, and my money order was cashed on 2/22/12 in Indiana. I have a copy of EVERYTHING I sent in (including a copy of the cashed money order from my bank), and I am just wondering what kind of time frame I'm looking at for getting an acceptance letter and a card. I understand after 21 days I'm valid with all my paperwork, but it definitely makes me nervous. I have a hair test coming up for a job anyways so I guess it's good I'll have to wait, but I just want to interact with you all and get some feedback about what I'm looking at.

From what I've heard, I can expect a letter in a month or two and a card in 2013! This is ridiculous. But I just want to make sure I can go to a dispensary and show them all the info and be considered legal after 21 days, just doesn't sound right to me...

A month or two......not even young grasshopper. We had our re-cert in oct and just got a paper in the mail this week,the card machine is broke or some BS.....But just keep a copy of what you have and you will be fine. The letter is as good as it gets from the MMMP as they continue to hold us hostage. The IN part I dont get though???Good luck.

21 days after they receive your application you are legal. The letters have just started to come out. Presumably they will get those out much faster but even when you get the letter keep your entire application with the letter until you get your hard card.

Good luck

Welcome

and stay safe and healthy

Do understand that the MMMP does not protect your employment. I would wait until after your hair drug test before you begin your medical marijuana program.

With your paperwork, proof of cashed check beyond 21 days, you are good to find a CG, attend a cardholder event, or visit a dispensary.

You still should treat the drug as a controlled substance, do not carry it in your pocket, but use a locked case, put the locked case in the trunk of your car. And try not to stink so much eh?

good luck

DN

Do understand that the MMMP does not protect your employment. I would wait until after your hair drug test before you begin your medical marijuana program.

With your paperwork, proof of cashed check beyond 21 days, you are good to find a CG, attend a cardholder event, or visit a dispensary.

You still should treat the drug as a controlled substance, do not carry it in your pocket, but use a locked case, put the locked case in the trunk of your car. And try not to stink so much eh?

good luck

DN

LOL eveything he says is correct except the stinking part! I find it funnnnny as hell walkin up into a resturant Stankin like herb lol! or a bar ..i just tell them its my cologne "Scents by 420" and honestly it's quite the chick magnet! especially if your single! lol!

Haha thanks for the advice all! Digital Nomad...I've already made it a point to not smoke before work or maybe not at all during the weekdays, but weekends is a whole new ballgame. Just approaching my second month clean and only have 1" hair and shaved all body hair so I think I'm good there assuming hair grows at 0.5" per month. Definitely not smoking before the big test, need this job!

The test is like a month or two away, so I'll be legal and not be able to use. What a cruel, cold world, but what a great summer it will be :).

I just worry if someone is hurt at work and insurance wont cover them . You would think Lansing could come up with some ideas to help protect patients and the poor . Requiring 3 more Doctor visits a year for unsolveable untreatable chronic and terminal conditions won't do it . Many patients do not have cars or drive stretcher or emergency transportation fee's for a 50 mile round trip alone can be $200 a trip .

Raising taxes on those living at Poverty and requiring more hoops or the State spends $40 grand plus on jail is ridiculous then after people are financially ruined do they die or get food stamps government housing , and other aid ? I imagine health conditons will be inflamed and they will need more medical care . The really weak and sick will die in jail or soon after arrest . The whole point of the act was to stop arresting patients and provide legal access . :notfair:

• 3 weeks later...

Haha thanks for the advice all! Digital Nomad...I've already made it a point to not smoke before work or maybe not at all during the weekdays, but weekends is a whole new ballgame. Just approaching my second month clean and only have 1" hair and shaved all body hair so I think I'm good there assuming hair grows at 0.5" per month. Definitely not smoking before the big test, need this job!

The test is like a month or two away, so I'll be legal and not be able to use. What a cruel, cold world, but what a great summer it will be :).

If you use a vaporizer you don't smell like pot. :)

Archived