Clearing The Air

Fat Freddy

In the recent past there has been a lot of talk about CPU. I have remained neutral in my opinion.

Now I wish CPU representative's to express their views and goals.

Where do you see the future of medical marijuana going?

What role do you see cpu playing in the future of mmj?

Thank you for your responses. please refrain from flaming, it benefits no one.

The future of MMJ in Michigan... We will have several years of long drawn out battles in Lansing. We will continue to have a huge amount of distrust between LEO, the Government and Us. Our distrust of them is well placed. I get a laugh when they ask how come we don't trust them. That being said I still think things are going to slowly get better.

CPU will continue to do what we do, we also will likely expand. At some point I would also like to see CPU expand in to other states in the early stages of MMJ and fighting a hostile government. We simply have not raised enough money for that at this point but if we can keep the home front safe I think it would be awesome to reach out and help others that could use the lessons we have already learned for their own benefit.

Also keep in mind our non-profit status like MMP keeps us from advocating breaking the law. It is really tricky stuff. It also will keep us from ever running a dispensary so anyone that says that is our true angle is simply put a liar..

Quote SFC; 'The future of MMJ in Michigan... We will have several years of long drawn out battles in Lansing." That'll remain true until WE vote out/recall the legislators in Lansing who DO NOT RESPECT THE VOTERS!!!

Including Democrats!! Who have remained silent in public to the atrocities being perpetrated by AG Schuette and his SWAT Thugs state wide....

Quote SFC; 'The future of MMJ in Michigan... We will have several years of long drawn out battles in Lansing." That'll remain true until WE vote out/recall the legislators in Lansing who DO NOT RESPECT THE VOTERS!!!

Including Democrats!! Who have remained silent in public to the atrocities being perpetrated by AG Schuette and his SWAT Thugs state wide....

i also see it that way

As a personal opinion, I think the next few years need to be spent on changing the mindset of the non-marijuana public to rehabilitate the very useful role of cannabis in society. Specific examples of ways to do this....

1. Doctors are taught MMJ has NO medical use. We don't want to hear how good it is, we want to see it. Use it to solve our problems- we do not like chronic pain and chronic narcotic therapy, we are uncomfortable having to prescribe large quantities of narcotics. Getting a positive mmj screen while getting the 'usual dose' of narcotics reaffirms what we are taught, that mmj or not, it makes no difference with pain so the dose of narcotics wont change. Imagine our reaction if all of the sudden you start reducing your request for narcotics? When we ask you why you went from 120 vicodin a month to 30 in 90 days, we will be curious. Pulling out that shiny new card and saying THIS IS WHY I DON'T WANT MORE MEDS will really make an impression and make us your ally.
  2. Follow the law. There are cowboys out there that want to really push the envelope based on what 'they' think the law says. The law says what the courts say it does (pow- reality hitting you in the face), and if they come out with a ruling that a certain activity is not in the scope of the law, don't do it. Don't give the media a chance to bring the Act to ridicule because you 'thought' based on what you 'wanted' to do that the act allowed you to do something unsafe. There are folks that think the law allows 25 family members living in the same house to grow 1800 plants (72 x 25) and will fight it out. Don't be that guy. 12 plants per patient, 5 patients per caregiver. Only rich folks who don't live paycheck to paycheck and can afford lawyers can fight for the rights of the endangered snail darter. They don't need the jobs the dam will create. Most of the rest of us are wondering what kind of batter to fry the snail darter in, and how much the jobs mean to our families. Think about that the next time you consider what 'full implementation' means to you vs what it means to the courts.
  3. Spread the word, get folks signed up for the program and get the numbers we need to be on juries by default.
  4. Finally, figure out how to involved the non-mmj community in the Act. Support local businesses that are MMJ friendly. Show people how 'inspections' without warrants are NOT a mmj issue, they are a basic rights issue for all of us. Suggest they substitute vicodin, firearms, or computer access for marijuana, and ask how they would feel if Schuette showed up on their doorstep to check their medicine cabinets.

Just some thoughts, we need to make MMJ mainstream in society, medicine, and law. That means making ourselves model citizens and ambassadors of the herb.

Dr. Bob

Just some thoughts, we need to make MMJ mainstream in society, medicine, and law. That means making ourselves model citizens and ambassadors of the herb.

Dr. Bob

At least some one knows the correct connotation for this plant ! It is an herb , plain & simple . The MOST benign , benificial herb on this planet ! Really gets my dander up when people refer to cannabis as a "DRUG" as if it was some man-made pharmaceutical poison produced by Big Brother/Business .

Archived