Exclusive Dry Ice Hash Instructions. First Look!

josh8966

Well im dissapointed in my yield 4 grams from 2 ounces of sugar trim and popcorn buds is pittiful im buying me a bubble machine for next time.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's too bad, King D, but did you notice this thread is about dry ice hash? No water needed for this method. Nice lookin' bubble though!

Edited by MightyMightyMezz

• 3 weeks later...

Just made some Bubblegum hash with the dry ice technique (not exactly like the OP, I use a bucket with a bag over it.) Started with three oz of lower buds and trim leaf and ended with nineteen grams of steel-pressed hash. It only took a few minutes of shaking; you almost spend more time gathering trichomes on the table than shaking the bucket. I used probably less than a pound of dry ice at $1.25/lb.

• 2 weeks later...

Just made some Bubblegum hash with the dry ice technique (not exactly like the OP, I use a bucket with a bag over it.) Started with three oz of lower buds and trim leaf and ended with nineteen grams of steel-pressed hash. It only took a few minutes of shaking; you almost spend more time gathering trichomes on the table than shaking the bucket. I used probably less than a pound of dry ice at $1.25/lb.

Very nice. You can also take any extra hash and decarb it in the oven and then add it too any brownie/cookie mix. It's a great way to medicate if you can't smoke for whatever medical reasons. The decarbing increases the potency and helps knock down the taste of the hash in the final product.

I found a recommendation online to press the kief, then put the press in the pre-heated oven at 300 F for five to eight minutes, then press harder. I think it's best at five minutes or under. Longer times make the pressed hash-disc harder and I want a slight bit of gooeyness. I shelled out the bucks for a steel press; just don't know about aluminum. :ph34r:

cosmic%20mega%20t%20press%20sm.jpg

I have had fairly good results with dry ice hash. Curious to know thoughts on : I press in my little press, then heat for a few minutes over a very low flame gas stove. Time consuming if you are doing more than a few grams. How long do you heat? What method? Some people chill after they heat.... Pros/cons?

After heating: do you cure any further? I'm looking to get a nice flavor, have been kinda disappointed with that.

I have done countless ice washes in the bubble magic machine, and have had some fiascos involving the bag they send with the machine tearing Anyway, I still don't think I have made a "great batch" of ice water hash. I followed the instructions on utube called "Matt Rizz's Ice Wax" and just didn't get the same results.

I am looking for a recipe for "solventless ice wax". Anyone have one?

er, please excuse the ramble... thanks to white rhino

Very nice piles. Yes compressing and heating is one way to make pucks out of the powder. However, I found with the more golden material that just pressing it was enough for it to hold its puck shape. Allow the golden pucks to sit for a day or so and they will harden naturally. Plus it's easier to break off a piece from a golden puck than it is from a black puck.

By the way. I've had some questions about how to clean the bag. We've found the best way to clean it is with warm running water. No soap or detergent is needed. Hang bag to air dry. Should dry in about an hour.

I found a recommendation online to press the kief, then put the press in the pre-heated oven at 300 F for five to eight minutes, then press harder. I think it's best at five minutes or under. Longer times make the pressed hash-disc harder and I want a slight bit of gooeyness. I shelled out the bucks for a steel press; just don't know about aluminum. :ph34r:cosmic%20mega%20t%20press%20sm.jpg

I had an aluminum press and it sucked. I ruined the threads after just a few uses!

• 2 months later...

Had reports that you can use the bag without dry ice by freezing the material first and shaking - a twist on the screen sifting technique. Anyone have any experience with this way or willing to give it a try and report back here with the results? I've yet to try it but it sounds promising. Also started making 150 micron bags for those looking for a finer product.

• 1 month later...

We have been making hash from dry ice and clippings for about a year now and you can put it in anything you back, make or just smoke it. They make special bags for this, with different bags with different sized holes, depending on how much hash you aRE TRYING TO EXTRACT. wHEN YOU FIRST START SHAKING THE BAG THE CRYSTALS WILL BE light green, you will know if you should throw that trash away when the shake starts turning darker green.