Exclusive Dry Ice Hash Instructions. First Look!

josh8966

Hey Guys,

I've been a member of the MMMA for sometime now and really love the community and all the passion people feel for their trade. The last few months I've been busy slaving away at something I am very passionate about - Dry Ice Hash.

I came across this process about a year ago and fell in love with the ease and speed of dry ice extraction. Plus, who doesn't like playing with dry ice?

I will let my video demo/instructions speak for itself in regards to how awesome the dry ice menthod is. It literally went up on youtube this morning and I'd be an honor to present it to my fellow Michiganders first! What I am about to show you is the result of many months of hard work.

Let me know what you think. Questions, comments, criticism is welcome. Anyone try dry ice yet? What's your thought's on it?

Exclusive First Look Dry Ice Hash Extraction in only 3 Minutes

The biggest complaint so far has been "Not enough of the cute girl." I am working on a 2nd video featuring more of my lovely friend :)

Thanks Freddy! I'm working on the bag info right now. It's a bag designed and manufactured in the U.S.A! I'll have more info up shortly.

What do you mean by compression info?

Most hash I have had the pleasure of smoking had been in block form. i.e. compressed.

Glad to hear that the bags are made here. bout time we started making something here again.

Can hardly wait for the updated version.

Most ppl use the 120 micron bubble bag, some use the work bag and shake it less. U can buy the single bags off Ebay for cheap.

Meijer's sells dry ice, but you can get it cheaper if you look around.

You can compress it with a hash press like bubble hash or dry sift, but it will take more heat and pressure because it has more impurities.

Edited by Petyr

Most hash I have had the pleasure of smoking had been in block form. i.e. compressed.

Glad to hear that the bags are made here. bout time we started making something here again.

Can hardly wait for the updated version.

Ah yes, now I follow ya. I have pressed this stuff in your typical T-handle screw press with good results. Left unheated it forms nice goldenish pucks. Of course the lazy individual (i.e. me) can get away with scooping the powder into a bag for storage.

I'll see about adding a segment about pressing in the updated version.

thats funny cause when i make bubble i always throw away material from the redbag and only save from the black, yellow, purp and white

i find hash only to be good ifits below a 110 micron screen imho nothin melts above 110 and 72 is the best

if it dont bubble it aint worth the trouble

imho

From what we've seen dry ice hash is usually between 20-30%, while ice water hash can reach up to the 50% range. This is based off samples received at random though and not from hash made from the same starting material. If anyone wants to conduct this experiment by using the same homogenized material to make each type we'd be happy to test it on the house to provide a more definitive answer.

thats funny cause when i make bubble i always throw away material from the redbag and only save from the black, yellow, purp and white

i find hash only to be good ifits below a 110 micron screen imho nothin melts above 110 and 72 is the best

if it dont bubble it aint worth the trouble

imho

While all that is true you need to remember this is working opposite of ice water hash. With dry ice the trichs fall through the bag, while with ice water they are caught by the bag. So if you use the 72 micron with dry ice all the good 70-110 micron trichs are caught and don't fall through.

Most of these youtube videos I see of this show the person shaking it over a table or something and like half the product goes flying away in the wind. What I do is this:

Lay 5 feet of parchment paper out on a hard floor (hardwood, linoleum, etc)

Take a 20 gallon rubbermaid with the bottom cut out and put it upside down on the parchment.

Shake the bag inside the rubbermaid for 5 seconds. This is for me.

Move the rubbermaid down the paper and shake for another 15 seconds. This is for other people to smoke.

Move the rubbermaid down again and shake for 30-60 seconds. This is for cooking.

I'd be interested in participating in a test. This is exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for!

I can supply a bag for the test - I'd like to know what it's capable of.

You definitely can't go crazy shaking when doing the dry ice method or your hash will be a bit veggy tasting. But, typically the leaf hash is reserved for cooking (and it works great) while the bud hash (popcorn or seedy bud) is for smoking.

I've never had any complaints about the golden bud hash produced by my bag. Of course tastes vary and I wouldn't be surprised if there were better ways to make tastier hash out there.

How's everyones bud hash turning out with the dry ice method?

Edited by josh8966

My experience with dry ice hash has been poor. I tried making it several times, and initially was very pleased. Lots of golden powder at the end of the process, easy, less time consuming, it pressed ok... Here is my problem though, it seemed to be much less potent than ice water hash. After thinking about why, I realized that when I make ice water hash, the water at the bottom of the bucket is really discolored and gross. The water dissolves a lot of the dust and other water soluble stuff from the plant material, and it flows into the bottom of the bucket. With dry ice hash, where does all this water soluble stuff go? That's right, right into your hash. Seems to effect taste and potency, in my opinion of course!

My experience with dry ice hash has been poor. I tried making it several times, and initially was very pleased. Lots of golden powder at the end of the process, easy, less time consuming, it pressed ok... Here is my problem though, it seemed to be much less potent than ice water hash. After thinking about why, I realized that when I make ice water hash, the water at the bottom of the bucket is really discolored and gross. The water dissolves a lot of the dust and other water soluble stuff from the plant material, and it flows into the bottom of the bucket. With dry ice hash, where does all this water soluble stuff go? That's right, right into your hash. Seems to effect taste and potency, in my opinion of course!

all that water soluble stuff you mentioned....doesnt get washed off into the water when using dry ice so its not as much an issue. Im not sure if u made dry ice hash the same as me....number one most popular thing with dry ice after ease....taste. it blows bubble away. waters ok for thc....its not water soluble....it made me sad to wash off all the good cheese taste just so it bubbled....nope not for me.... dry ice taste good and if u use good meds its uber potent.

all that water soluble stuff you mentioned....doesnt get washed off into the water when using dry ice so its not as much an issue. Im not sure if u made dry ice hash the same as me....number one most popular thing with dry ice after ease....taste. it blows bubble away. waters ok for thc....its not water soluble....it made me sad to wash off all the good cheese taste just so it bubbled....nope not for me.... dry ice taste good and if u use good meds its uber potent.

You and I are looking at the same factors, but come to completely opposite conclusions. In ice water hash, water soluble contaminants are rinsed from the screens. That stuff on your glass/mirror when using dry ice extraction is not only trichomes, pulverized plant material, etc. In the ice water extraction technique, many of these contaminants dissolve in the water and are left harmlessly in that murky water at the bottom of the bucket. In other words, the water acts almost like another screen, removing water soluble contaminants.

Dry ice extraction has its place and can be very tasty, potent, and a HUGE timesaver. But if you want the best, purest full-melt hash, ice water extraction is the way to go.

You and I are looking at the same factors, but come to completely opposite conclusions. In ice water hash, water soluble contaminants are rinsed from the screens. That stuff on your glass/mirror when using dry ice extraction is not only trichomes, pulverized plant material, etc. In the ice water extraction technique, many of these contaminants dissolve in the water and are left harmlessly in that murky water at the bottom of the bucket. In other words, the water acts almost like another screen, removing water soluble contaminants.

Dry ice extraction has its place and can be very tasty, potent, and a HUGE timesaver. But if you want the best, purest full-melt hash, ice water extraction is the way to go.

I agree that dry ice hash is inferior to ice water extract, however when you do an ice water extraction you lose a lot of water soluble terpenes.

Look up skunk man sam dry sift on google for some of the most pure mmj concentrate in the world. No dry ice, no water. Just screens and fresh frozen grade A trim. That's how you get the best, pure full melt hash. IMO.

Just screens and fresh frozen grade A trim. That's how you get the best, pure full melt hash. IMO.

Very true. The first time I saw someone do dry ice they used a bunch of seedy bud they had. It was fresh and they had froze it before dry icing it. That golden gooey kief was some of the greatest stuff I've ever tasted. I would put that stuff up to the Pepsi challenge with ice water hash anytime.

I'm in the middle of doing a bubble ice run here with about 2 ounces of frozen trim and popcorn buds ill post some pics when its finished.

Why didn't you invite me to the party tonight? I would have taken my turn stirring the pot! :/