Clearing The Air

Recently we have had some undesired input in various threads. Normally i bite my tongue.

However I strongly feel that I must say something.

I try to look at everyone"s point of view with an open mind. Often in an effort to stumble upon a new tool to apply to out tasks at hand.

As many will note I do not take sides in any postings other then pointing out the posts I feel are leading us in the right direction.

A lot of good can come from calls for support or requests for ideals. Unfortunately we may get side tracked with personal feelings or points of view.

Sometimes we may even engage in airing personal grievances publicly. Personally I disapprove of such practices. Because it tends to hurt all of us in the eyes of the public. I have but one request: Please my dear friends refrain from taking paths that are harmful to us.

I realize that feelings have been hurt or a person may feel insulted. Just for a moment try to place yourself in others shoes.

It was once said you do not know where a man has been until you have walked a mile in his shoes.

We all have a great passion for others in need, let us extend that same consideration to one another. We all NEED each other.

Let us move forward in peace with one another, resolve your grievances in a peaceful manner and I am willing to bet that once we all find that common ground on which to stand NO ONE will oppose us to the point of suppression.

With only the best of Regards to Everyone

Thank you for being here for me and those that can not be here.

Edited by Fat Freddy

Recently we have had some undesired input in various threads. Normally i bite my tongue.

However I strongly feel that I must say something.

I try to look at everyone"s point of view with an open mind. Often in an effort to stumble upon a new tool to apply to out tasks at hand.

As many will note I do not take sides in any postings other then pointing out the posts I feel are leading us in the right direction.

A lot of good can come from calls for support or requests for ideals. Unfortunately we may get side tracked with personal feelings or points of view.

Sometimes we may even engage in airing personal grievances publicly. Personally I disapprove of such practices. Because it tends to hurt all of us in the eyes of the public. I have but one request: Please my dear friends refrain from taking paths that are harmful to us.

I realize that feelings have been hurt or a person may feel insulted. Just for a moment try to place yourself in others shoes.

It was once said you do not know where a man has been until you have walked a mile in his shoes.

We all have a great passion for others in need, let us extend that same consideration to one another. We all NEED each other.

Let us move forward in peace with one another, resolve your grievances in a peaceful manner and I am willing to bet that once we all find that common ground on which to stand NO ONE will oppose us to the point of suppression.

With only the best of Regards to Everyone

Thank you for being here for me and those that can not be here.

Amen , And i agree..Great post by the way..

I will attempt to keep my adverse reactions or distain in the form of PM's. However I still wonder why a few contributors here have been allowed to consistently make snide comments and even resort to name calling?? This has been lousy for community trust building. I hold the administrators and only a few responsible. This must stop completely. The past is just that, in the past so leave it there. I've figured- start name calling again, and you know who you are, be prepared to sample some of your own medicine.

Well I think that sometimes its the Anti's on the other side of those crude words, they want us bickering, they want us mad at eachother and not to support one another! We have to be better then that, we all have our opinions and we need to step backk sometimes and realize that even tho the way of getting there maybe different, but the goal is all the same! We need to help eachother, teach eachother and spread this wonderful plant information as far as we can! More people need to know the benefits!

THanks for the post, I hope this finds people and that everyone can just take a breath and realize we alll need to stand as one!!!!

I also hope that the Supreme Court Ruling will help the ones that got scared, and maybe they will come out from under their Rocks again!

Peace

Well I think that sometimes its the Anti's on the other side of those crude words, they want us bickering, they want us mad at eachother and not to support one another! We have to be better then that, we all have our opinions and we need to step backk sometimes and realize that even tho the way of getting there maybe different, but the goal is all the same! We need to help eachother, teach eachother and spread this wonderful plant information as far as we can! More people need to know the benefits!

THanks for the post, I hope this finds people and that everyone can just take a breath and realize we alll need to stand as one!!!!

I also hope that the Supreme Court Ruling will help the ones that got scared, and maybe they will come out from under their Rocks again!

Peace

i agree thanks

Diversity can have a place. Uniformity seems unrealistic, why must everyone 'appear' to go along with the program, Or Else? adults can form their own views, can't they? it concerns me when I see what appears to be bullying going on here. maybe misinterpret is my bad..

Also let me add..I left the 3ma not long after being a part of the steering committee because of the crazy bs idea's that brought division, patient endangerment, like let's all refuse to register..and promises of what would get done..but didn't. What took place was a lot of rants and a few rallies! It's time for the Joe Cain rhetoric to end here period. I'll call it out EVERYTIME I see it. here or on other forum's. Any poster that brings it here from now on..will be censored period!! So no I'm not going to be thoughtful anymore….

EDIT…And if a few poster's on here have to go for the greater good of the community..then that's just what will happen!!

Diversity is one thing, folks promoting course of action that put people at risk as being safe is not diversity. I think much would be resolved if folks suggesting things that are questionable, ie anything that is not clearly outlined in the Act and AGREED upon both by patients and leo, would simply put a disclaimer on the questionable parts so folks could make informed decesions about what they want to do. This nonsense of trying to hammer questionable interpretations and opinons down the throats of others even after they had been discussed and refuted has to stop as well.

Dr. Bob

I wouldn't call what AK said bullying, but speaking her mind and for those that choose not to for their own reasons, I feel enough is enough as well.. I know several people have complained about what they felt is harassment or bad mouthing in their posts, and we as staff get the reports and a vast amount of the time it is reports of the same names again and again. I personally don't feel that letting a member that has been reported again and again go their separate way is a bad thing for the community as a whole, censorship is needed in cases like these. otherwise we will lose members just so the "bullies" can stay is that fair to you or me or anyone here on the forum? I don't find it unreasonable..

There has been plenty of time to see who is doing what and when you browse all the different forums you can see where the information is coming from for the most part. This is the internet and your identity can be hidden but in general if you use common sense you can tell who is who, or atleast know where the info is coming from by the way it is presented. like I said most of the forums merge here at one point or another so you can get a feeling of who is from what group on what forum just by daily reading of each forum board.

I stand by AK when she says enough is enough already, if we want to move forward there cant be cliques forming from one site to another we have to unite as one entity or we will fail at the ultimate goal of unity. For a member to say Well I will ask so and so, just because you don't agree with one member of the staff doesn't me you can try and persuade another staff member to give a differrant action. AK has administrator as a title,and that should be enough. When staff see's things day in and day out that other member don't see and makes a call its for the better of the community. Staff here is in place to enforce the rules and to ensure the safety of the members. AK is doing that, putting a end to the battle of the forums and ill advised advice or misguided posts that would make a newly joined member think its is a factual statement, as well as ensuring others are not harmed by others posts. Some members have thick skin and things roll off easier than other members can we can't afford to lose member after member due to the postings of others. yes we will all disagree at times, but when it its continuous it must stop or we will bleed to death. These things don't get said on the spur of the moment they are carefully monitored than acted upon as a group.

Trix

:bong2:

Ps. some say Mods should have alternative names when posting their personal opinions, everything said on this forum is a opinion from some source, except for the rulings handed down from a judge. even that is his or her opinion. Administration is the Judge of a forum, the gavel hit the desk today enough is enough come together and state facts and stop the bickering and name calling or so be it..(imo) ;)

I do support the idea of two names for mods, one to post policy and enforce it, the other the give them the freedom to speak their minds like anyone else on this site. Mods have opinions too, but they are charged with enforcing policy. The two roles can and should be separate.

Dr. Bob

I do support the idea of two names for mods, one to post policy and enforce it, the other the give them the freedom to speak their minds like anyone else on this site. Mods have opinions too, but they are charged with enforcing policy. The two roles can and should be separate.

Dr. Bob

Bob you know what happened when I tried to post as a different member, I was pushed aside and called a newbie and my words were never taken seriously, to some they look at your post count and decide weather or not your input is acceptable, that isn't right. If can't express myself as myself what is the point I'm done hiding from everything. I understand that staff has a higher level to uphold , why should our opinions not be respected just as any others You see I have a disclaimer right above my name... thats due to not being accepted when I was posting as a newbie. also to inform everyone my words are just that MY OWN opinion..I f you were to make a different s/n that didn't say DR in it I bet yuh you wouldn't get some of the respect that you do. thats not your fault.. that is how it things happen

Perhaps true. Then again anyone superficial enough to ignore good information based on a post count really isn't the person you are trying to reach with a logical arguement or well thought out opinion. I don't look at post counts with one exception. If someone comes in here to pick a fight and has 3 posts to their name, I do take that into consideration.

Dr. Bob

Peace

I agree also.

Fat Freddy, that was a great post.

Thank you.

All I have ever tried to do is get us working together as a cohesive group.

I do not subscribe to any singular point of view or support rhetoric that tends to detract from our message and mission

or paint us as something we are not. I do not support disrespecting others no matter who or what the core issue is.

In so doing I would be lowering my standards and therefore would no longer be effective in any public forum.

Thank you.

All I have ever tried to do is get us working together as a cohesive group.

I do not subscribe to any singular point of view or support rhetoric that tends to detract from our message and mission

or paint us as something we are not. I do not support disrespecting others no matter who or what the core issue is.

In so doing I would be lowering my standards and therefore would no longer be effective in any public forum.

Ditto and Ditto again :)