Desperate For Answers (emphasema)

Hi to All,

Got some pretty shi**y news today. Ive never smoked cigarettes in my life. I smoked cannibis from age 16-18. Both my parents were heavy cigarette smokers, both dying from lung cancer, (my mothers had spread all over, my dads metastisized to the brain). I did not resume smoking cannibis until 2011. I smoke less than half a fattie a day. Then i got so tired of the taste I bought a volcano vape ( I also thought it would be healthier given my family history). So I went to the doctors today for a followup from x rays they took, as well as some labs. Come to find out I have been told I have stage 2 emphasema. Does anyone have any information regarding the harmfulness of vaporizers? How the Fu*k did I wind up with this? No one in our home smokes and Ive smoked a total of maybe 4 years on and off, never heavy, and only cannibis.

If anyone can help answer these questions or even give me direction, im a bit stressed right now and am pissed that this is happening im only 52!

Thanks for your time,

lilbuddy

Terrible news to hear

I am not sure of the relation between your illness and mmj or a vape but I did google this

Risk factors

By Mayo Clinic staff

Factors that increase your risk of developing emphysema include:

• Smoking. Emphysema is most likely to develop in cigarette smokers, but cigar and pipe smokers also are susceptible. The risk for all types of smokers increases with the number of years and amount of tobacco smoked.
  • Age. Although the lung damage that occurs in emphysema develops gradually, most people with tobacco-related emphysema begin to experience symptoms of the disease between the ages of 40 and 60.
  • Exposure to secondhand smoke. Secondhand smoke, also known as passive or environmental tobacco smoke, is smoke that you inadvertently inhale from someone else's cigarette, pipe or cigar. Being around secondhand smoke increases your risk of emphysema.
  • Occupational exposure to fumes or dust. If you breathe fumes from certain chemicals or dust from grain, cotton, wood or mining products, you're more likely to develop emphysema. This risk is even greater if you smoke.
  • Exposure to indoor and outdoor pollution. Breathing indoor pollutants, such as fumes from heating fuel, as well as outdoor pollutants — car exhaust, for instance — increases your risk of emphysema.

My best to you

I would suggest that you look into and buy a supplement called NAC n-acetyl cysteine. This has been found to be useful in many areas. It has been singled out for COPD. It also lifts mood and is vg for the health of one's liver.

Here is the scoop: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2706612/

This might be a lot. Certainly it would give your Dr. something to read. I had trouble posting it here so you will have to do the hard work of clicking the link. I take it 2x a day not for COPD You can get it really cheap from http://www.swansonvitamins.com/?SourceCode=INTL097&mkwid=sCqpLPPQm&pcrid=12134209567&gclid=CLPB4YTqo7ECFWaFQAodnD-ydw Best of luck

Can You Treat Emphysema With Medical Marijuana?

Medical marijuana patient and double lung transplant candidate Vey Linville discusses using marijuana to treat his lung cancer and tells the truth about dispensaries in San Diego, the recent federal crackdown in California, and his efforts in Imperial Beach.

http://www.theweedblog.com/treating-emphysema-with-medical-cannabis/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheWeedBlogcom+%28The+Weed+Blog%29&utm_content=Yahoo!+Mail

I would suggest that you look into and buy a supplement called NAC n-acetyl cysteine. This has been found to be useful in many areas. It has been singled out for COPD. It also lifts mood and is vg for the health of one's liver.

Here is the scoop: http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2706612/

This might be a lot. Certainly it would give your Dr. something to read. I had trouble posting it here so you will have to do the hard work of clicking the link. I take it 2x a day not for COPD You can get it really cheap from http://www.swansonvi...CFWaFQAodnD-ydw Best of luck

Hi mrd i have mild copd, what do you take it for? how much do you take 600 or 1200. what brand do you use?? Thanks

First off so sorry to hear of your ills.

I am not an expert but I doubt vaping had to do with it , but like I said I am not an expert.

In todays world who knows whats floating around and ultimately into us.

Will be praying for a full recovery for you.

Good health my friend.

Hi mrd i have mild copd, what do you take it for? how much do you take 600 or 1200. what brand do you use?? Thanks

I am not discussing my medical situation that is a personal question not the subject of this forum. I take it twice a day, morning and night. So 1200mg I put the link to Swansons vitamins above, Just click on it and look for NAC. That is where I buy it. You can also look online and Google Swansons Coupons and sometimes you can find a useful promo code for discounts and free shipping,although you should expect some not to work due to expiration. Best of luck.

Edited by mrd

First off so sorry to hear of your ills.

I am not an expert but I doubt vaping had to do with it , but like I said I am not an expert.

In todays world who knows whats floating around and ultimately into us.

Will be praying for a full recovery for you.

Good health my friend.

I believe there is no recovery at this time what you loose is lost. But you can strive to slow down the rate of damage. Perhaps edibles like candy should be how you utilize mmj because then you would be sure that there was no lung involvement no matter what. I know someone who makes really good candies. Just like a lemon drop then it comes on and lasts a long time. You don't get immediate relief but you trade that for hours more full effects. Just an idea.

Lilbuddy I am 42 and have had asthma my whole life and was told years ago I also have the starting of emphasema. I don't smoke and just 2 years ago started vaporizing MM very little like 3-4 hits off pocket vap use like 1-3 grams a month LOL I think sometimes it is partially your genetics. My parents did smoke my whole life though so that could have helped a little.