This Cannabinoid Has Already Been Aproved By The Fda

Beta-caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid.

Gertsch J, Leonti M, Raduner S, Racz I, Chen JZ, Xie XQ, Altmann KH, Karsak M, Zimmer A.

Source

Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule (ETH) Zurich, 8092 Zürich, Switzerland. juerg.gertsch@pharma.ethz.ch

Abstract

The psychoactive cannabinoids from Cannabis sativa L. and the arachidonic acid-derived endocannabinoids are nonselective natural ligands for cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB(1)) and CB(2) receptors. Although the CB(1) receptor is responsible for the psychomodulatory effects, activation of the CB(2) receptor is a potential therapeutic strategy for the treatment of inflammation, pain, atherosclerosis, and osteoporosis. Here, we report that the widespread plant volatile (E)-beta-caryophyllene [(E)-BCP] selectively binds to the CB(2) receptor (K(i) = 155 +/- 4 nM) and that it is a functional CB(2) agonist. Intriguingly, (E)-BCP is a common constituent of the essential oils of numerous spice and food plants and a major component in Cannabis. Molecular docking simulations have identified a putative binding site of (E)-BCP in the CB(2) receptor, showing ligand pi-pi stacking interactions with residues F117 and W258. Upon binding to the CB(2) receptor, (E)-BCP inhibits adenylate cylcase, leads to intracellular calcium transients and weakly activates the mitogen-activated kinases Erk1/2 and p38 in primary human monocytes. (E)-BCP (500 nM) inhibits lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced proinflammatory cytokine expression in peripheral blood and attenuates LPS-stimulated Erk1/2 and JNK1/2 phosphorylation in monocytes. Furthermore, peroral (E)-BCP at 5 mg/kg strongly reduces the carrageenan-induced inflammatory response in wild-type mice but not in mice lacking CB(2) receptors, providing evidence that this natural product exerts cannabimimetic effects in vivo. These results identify (E)-BCP as a functional nonpsychoactive CB(2) receptor ligand in foodstuff and as a macrocyclic antiinflammatory cannabinoid in Cannabis.

The FDA approved this cannabinoid as a food additive before it was discovered to be a cannabinoid.

THAT is what takes place when the FDA evaluates a cannabis compound without the stigma related to cannabis.

The reason that there was no stigma attached to it is that bce is found in many herbs and spices. Including, but not limited to, marijuana.

Thus, researchers could look at bce derived from another herb without any fear.

This is probably the most well studied cannabinoid.

The public is well aware of the effects of bce.

It is the active compound in oil of cloves. Well known for easing teeth pain, nearly instantly.

It is a very well knows topical anesthetic.

This part of my oil delivers most of the instant pain relief effect. It's actions, seem to me to be modified by both THC and CBD. Synergy.

Other effects of bce include inflammation reduction.

A cannabis compound that can be included into a mix without having to depend on the cannabis to deliver.

I use that with many other essential oils in my coconut balms, no fillers just pure concentrate, the synergy aspect greatly increases the effectiveness of the essential oils but I have found that by using bud it has greatly increased the amount of pain relief and healing properties.

A few other essential oils that help are cypress, peppermint, Eucalyptus Oil, lavender, black pepper oil. It is best that anyone who uses essential oils at home to make a balm or oil to study on how much to use per carrier oil. Some essential oils can cause adverse reactions if applied directly to the skin and the correct amount should be used or it can cause problems instead of helping. Please study on essential oils before making balms or oils for safety sake.

Some essential oils can cause adverse reactions if applied directly to the skin and the correct amount should be used or it can cause problems instead of helping. Please study on essential oils before making balms or oils for safety sake.

Great point. It is also advisable to do a skin reaction test on each ingredient individually when using any compound product.

This is the Myrrh that I use. Recommended dose is 20 drops in a glass of water. It is intended for oral consumption.

I use about 15ml per 1.5 gallon batch.

IF someone uses my oil internally, they only use one or 2 drops of the final oil.

That would probably be less than 1/1000 of one drop of the myrrh tincture.

http://www.herb-phar...nb15&usercpath=

I'll make some cheap calculations

I'll call 15ml 15 grams. And I'll call 1.5 gallons 6 liters sorta 6,000 grams.

I know .. rough.

So the rate is 15 grams per 6,000 grams.

Next dirty number .. say 15 drops per teaspoon. Three teaspoons per 15 grams.

So ABOUT .. lets see .. one drop on the tongue .. a couple micrograms .. probably less.

Edited by peanutbutter

Anything with a form of a steriod or Asprin could kill me in hours, not that, that has anything to do with the oil you produce.. I was just saying, If its simply a trace of a certain something it could very well have the exact opposite reaction then what it was intended for.. I truly do love the dedication you have to finding relief for the world though..

I don't trust a Dr. just cause they wear a white coat though..

Trix

:bong2:

I've had great success and testimonials. I use more essential oils in mine then what you have in yours PB. Warning should be given on any essential oil that is in a product. Not dissing you by no means but it is only the responsible thing to do. You do so much for cancer patients with RSO and that is highly commendable.

One patients spasticity was relieved for the first time by 60 to 70%. Hip replacement needed and no narcotics could touch the pain by using the topical along with medibles it is now bearable. Herpes has dried up and cleared. Arthritis pain in hands, knees, and other areas has given enough pain relief to allow for movement without pain. Carpal tunnel that was so bad it looked like tumors and they are now reduced to the point they were no long visible and pain free movement. Burns have healed and left little or no scars. All of this is not only based on mmj but also the carrier oil and correct essential oils.

I don't recommend anyone making it at home until they have done a lot of research, great link ^^^^ up there, and know the correct amounts, allergic reactions, and the oils that will be beneficial for the ailments to be treated. It is worth it if you put a bit of time into the research to make sure it is done correctly and nice to be able to make your own to have on hand.

1 teaspoon = 120 drops of water = 5 ml OR 60 drops if thick fluid = 5ml

120 which is taken from the following table found on s_link.gifwww.germancorner.com/recipes/hints/units.html

unit equivalent to metric

1 cm = 0.39 inches

1 cup = 16 tablespoons = 240 ml

1 cup = 8 fluid ounces = 240 ml

1 desertspoon = 2 teaspoon = 10 ml

1 gallon = 4 quarts or 128 fluid ounces = 3.785 l

1 gramm = 0.035 ounces

1 inch = 2.54 cm

1 kilo = 2.208 pounds

1 liquid ounce = 2 tablespoons = 30 ml

1 liter = 1.057 quarts

1 ounce = 28.35 g

1 peck (dry) = 8 quarts

1 pint = 2 cups or 16 fluid ounces = 480 ml

1 pound (Am.) = 16 ounces = 454 g

1 pound (Eu.) = 500 g

1 quart = 4 cups or 32 fluid ounces = 946 ml

1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoon = 15 ml

1 teaspoon = 120 drops of water = 5 ml

1 teaspoon = 60 drops of thick fluid = 5 ml

1/2 cup = 4 tablespoons = 120 ml

1/3 cup = 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon = 80 ml

1/4 cup = 4 tablespoons = 60 ml

1/8 teaspoon = pinch = 0.6 ml Sources: www.germancorner.com/recipes/hints/units.html

Well this is interesting, a good discussion about how cannabinoids provide relief to pain suffers.

My hat off to you PB, thanks for the insightful information.

As an afterthought, I am a person that considers any course of action carefully. My motto is proceed with caution.

Ask questions and go slowly forward. Glad to see some constructive posts. Great job folks you can be proud of the progress we are making.

Restless I attest here and now that your balm is wonderful, it took the swelling out of my knee and has reduced the pain level To a much more manageable level.

Somehow someway I will repay your generosity.