My Grow Over The Past Couple Years

chernobyl

Good work, do give some details on your setup if possible.

I run 2 - 600 watt Lumateks through 2 - aircooled reflectors, EasyCool 8s. I use rigid ducting to vent with a 10" inline, fan speed controller. My room is just 9'x10'x8'.

I use CFLs in a closet for clones and small veg, I always use HPS in the big veg/flower room. Happy Frog soil in 10 gallon pots, 5' to 6' plants. Technaflora nutrients per instructions.

I prefer sativas despite their tall and wide shape.

Hey Darkmatter, i would expect them comments from someone else. if you would look at the pics he posted you would notice they do say what they are. Very nice Chernobly.

Oops did not see the titles, was surfing with my smart phone.

and as I said above, not bad, not bad at all, but there are a few plants in there that look like they could be culled to make more room for the better ones. ( A few of them look fantastic)

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

How was that Dr. Grinspoon? Looks like a unique strain and i have always been curious about it.

G33

G34

G35

G36

G37

G38

G39

ended up not going so well after this point. these summer months i had a heat stress issue. my temps were 90+. my other plants were ok with it, but the grinspoon didnt like it at all. also i burned it. grinspoon likes very little nutrients. i had another 2 which were giants. both were heat stressed even worse. one was very whispy and im just making it into edibles. i cut it down a few days ago. the other i still have and has been in flower for over 20 weeks. its over 6 feet tall. it looks terrible but i kept it alive anyway cause it finally started producing some buds. i could post pics of it but im almost too embarassed to lol. its the same plant as pic 24 where my first set of pics is for this topic. most of the fan leaves curled and died off. some ok looking buds forming, but a lot of yellow dried up leaf. one day i tried going a little stronger on the nutrients and days later it really yellowed on me. i got a couple clones of it going which are looking way better and flowering nicely since i no longer have a heat issue. it is a very unique strain. i've been told by a friend as long as 6 months for flowering time for some phenos. mine would have flowered sooner if it wasnt stunted from heat. i would strongly recommend to not grow it to be honest. it's just too much work and takes too long. it is cool how it's an heirloom and 100% sativa. everyone i know who grows either just wont even attempt it or didnt care for it. it does have a nice pine solish smell. terrible yield. if you want a sativa strain i'd recommend y griega instead. its 80% anyway.

Edited by chernobyl

Outstanding work sir. What would be the best advice you would give to patients just starting out producing their own?

dont tell anyone except very trusted friends/family. i know ppl that get robbed by their best friends. sad i tell you. be your own caregiver. it always seems like there are issues between patients and caregivers that develop over time. one day started caregiving for this guy who had bad health issues. i spend thousands setting up his basement. he told a friend if things didnt work out he was keeping everything and not letting me in. after hearing that i called up my good friend, we went over and repo'd. i was nice enough to leave him with a couple 400watters and all the plants. just wanted my expensive stuff. a time before that i was doing it for a lady who had bad health problems. she was a good person but too trusting with everyone. always people in and out of her house and kids getting high. i felt very uncomfortable. one day her boyfriends son commited a crime serious enough to bring over the fbi. luckily the grow was all state legal and they were actually cool with everything. i just try to burn into everyone's brains who grows, dont trust virtually anyone! where i live robberies are not uncommon for weed plants and this is a small town where i am. even smells can give you away. you can call the cops but then they will probably watch you. your privacy is so important.

get a high pressure sodium bulb. a 400w is plenty for starting. you can veg under weaker light sources but for flower you really want the hps. LEDs do work but are way over priced and dont cover much area. a top notch $3500 LED will only sufficiently cover 4'x4'. plasma lights are starting to come out and seem promising but i'd wait a bit since they're new. i would go to www.htgsupply.com or ebay, amazon, etc. htg has great prices though. i get most of my stuff there besides my local hydro shop and ebay. you want good soil. i use fertilome but have had great success with fox farm, pro mix, happy frog, humboldt, lambert's, m3 medical marijuana mix. i dont recommend soils from walmart or menards type stores. go to a garden supply store or hydroponics shop(they almost always sell soil in addition). dont buy commercial nutrients like miracle grow. get a line like fox farm, botanicare, dutch master, advanced nutrients, general hydroponics, many others exist. with that m3 you dont even need to feed at all but you want to add this stuff called papa's poop in flower. that htg supply site also has great growing info. even the high times web site and magazines had nice info. i really am not a big fan of forums to tell the truth. too many conflicts and bad info. temps are also extremely important. i like around 80-85, then like 70-75 at dark. dont worry about co2, controllers and all that advanced stuff yet. you will build your way up to it in time. heres is a great begginers guide. http://hightimes.com...rmation.inc.php

Edited by chernobyl

Good work, do give some details on your setup if possible.

I run 2 - 600 watt Lumateks through 2 - aircooled reflectors, EasyCool 8s. I use rigid ducting to vent with a 10" inline, fan speed controller. My room is just 9'x10'x8'.

I use CFLs in a closet for clones and small veg, I always use HPS in the big veg/flower room. Happy Frog soil in 10 gallon pots, 5' to 6' plants. Technaflora nutrients per instructions.

I prefer sativas despite their tall and wide shape.

i had a medium sized grow. 5x5 tent with a 600w hps for veg. sometimes i turn it down to 400 when i have less plants in there. i only use cool tubes. the reflector is huge, 3.25'x2.5'. the inline fan is on a controller and i try to keep it about 80F. fertilome soil with botanicare nutrients. i have several strains, purple buds, 1 gnomo automatic, chernobyl, holy grail kush, y griega, dr grinspoon. previously i had la confidential, northern lights X skunk, afgan kush X skunk, purple kush(dwarf plant), super lemon haze, super lemon haze x la confidential, purple kush x la confidential both of those i crossed on my own on accident. for the past year i havent taken in any plants from anyone due to bug problems that people dont think they have. i get all my seeds from single seeds and cut clones. i often have extras that i give away to friends cause the medical community here is greedy and not very compassionate. for cloning i use an aero cloner, wait until a nice set of roots develops, then put in soil that is mainly peat moss based with no nutrients like pro mix or fertilome. when i transplant i mix in fox farms marine cuisine, a bit of domolite lime, and vermiculite. i always water/feed with captain jacks(spinosad) to keep gnats at bay. every couple weeks i spray the top of my soil with doktor doom foggers. i have 2 flower room each a bit smaller than 10x10. my main room has a sentinel controller chhc4 to pretty much control everything in the room. i have 2 cool tubes 8'' with 600watters hps each. couple CFLs for side lighting blue spectrum. one cool tube is 3.25'x2.5' the other is 21''x21''. i have 3 y griegas under a scrog, 2 chernobyls and a holy grail kush which have the colas bent since they were getting too tall. from now on i'm LSTing my chernobyls. also 5 amp dehumidifier. small 200watt heater if it gets too cold at night. i have a 10 amp mini split ac but it doesnt really work good enough in the summer. i kinda wasted almost a grand on it. right now since its colder outside i just have a 8'' high velocity inline fan bringing outside air in when it gets too hot in the room. i also have a hydrogen pro water cooled co2 generator. to cool it i use a 55 gallon barrell with a water pump on 24/7. another water pump also runs non stop circulating the water thru a 1/10 hp chiller. doesnt work very good. by the time my lights go out my water temp is 120F. my 2nd room has the exact same hps light setup. instead of CFLs for extra lighting i got 2 4' t5 lights for added blue spectrum. i dont have a controller in here. between the rooms i have 2 low velocity inline fans constantly exchanging the air between the rooms so my 2nd room gets a little co2. i need to add a dehumidifier in there as it gets 50%+ at times. my 4 hps lights for flower are all run thru 2 240v dual ballasts. these plug into a sentinel light controller which i hard wired to my electrical box. this has a 120v cord which controls the on/off which plugs into my sentinel timer. i have no exhaust but may add one. i would have a sealed room but i like using the free cold outside air. no sign of mildew in my more humid room yet.

Oops did not see the titles, was surfing with my smart phone.

and as I said above, not bad, not bad at all, but there are a few plants in there that look like they could be culled to make more room for the better ones. ( A few of them look fantastic)

thanks. i had severe heat issues at times and it seemed to stunt my plants growth. probably made them take much longer than normal. that chernobyl stuff is great. some of the best i seen around in a long time. i cant believe tga subcool says its only like 17 something %. seems a lot better than the so called good stuff ppl try to pass around in upper michigan. my friends would probably agree.

Which one is the dr grinspoon is it from the original grimm brothers stock?

i get all my seeds from single seeds. i dont know the web site but just type single seeds in google and it's one of the first sites. they're from barney's farm. personally im going away from feminized seeds. my next buy will be ace of spades. i really am liking tga subcool. no feminized seeds either. nothing from barney's farm has impressed me. pineapple chunk wasnt bad i guess. tangerine dream was good but a bit overrated imo.

Digging the TGA gear as well. I was so happy with Vortex that i got Dairy Queen, Agent Orange and Chernobyl.

Looking for some sexy new Mom's!

i will have to keep those strains in mind. i've heard real nice things about dairy queen. agent orange and vortex look appetizing and amazing as well. i got 3 chernobyl seeds. 2 males and 1 female. after harvesting the female, i revegged her into a mom and am cutting mad clones for friends free of charge. i really havent seen many strains that compare in crystal content.

right on man. I know forums can be rough, but we are working on this site to be informative. I like the way you write and use pictures.

yeah im actually liking this forum. some nice pics ppl post. i have a lot more pics i will post over time. just have so many of them and have to do a bit of editing.