Cbs: 83% Now Accept Mmj. Up From 77% Last Year.

peanutbutter

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We who?

Your turn.

:lol:

Because I don't announce what I do then I guess I do nothing. I, unlike some, am not an attention whore. If it actually helped the movement to blow my own horn then I suppose I would. But it doesn't.

But, if you would rather, then I CAN list everything I do and then take credit for things happening around me. I can be presumptuous, like some, and claim a causal link between what I do and what happens in the big picture.

Edited by CaveatLector

:lol:

Because I don't announce what I do then I guess I do nothing. I, unlike some, am not an attention whore. If it actually helped the movement to blow my own horn then I suppose I would. But it doesn't.

But, if you would rather, then I CAN list everything I do and then take credit for things happening around me. I can be presumptuous, like some, and claim a causal link between what I do and what happens in the big picture.

So you're in Lansing today? :)

HB 4851 Rep. Cavanagh

Health; medical marihuana; definition of “bona fide physician-patient relationship”; clarify.

Amends sec. 3 of 2008 IL 1 (MCL 333.26423).

I.E. House, May 3, 2012.

House substitute (H-7).

Reported by Committee on Judiciary.

Senate substitute (S-3).

For Senate amendment, see Senate Journal No. 76, page 2370.

Committee recommended I.E.

HB 4853 Rep. McBroom

Criminal procedure;

sentencing guidelines; sentencing guidelines for crime of selling or providing medical marihuana to unprescribed user; implement.

Amends sec. 13n, ch. XVII of 1927 PA 175 (MCL 777.13n).

I.E. House, May 3, 2012.

House substitute (H-1).

Reported by Committee on Judiciary.

For Senate amendment, see Senate Journal No. 76, page 2371.

Committee recommended I.E.

Those two are on the calender for today.

Notice that for the first one it says there is a S1 substitute bill.

For the second one it says to see the journal for the amendment.

It looks like the house version is being presented for the second one. WITHOUT amendments passed by the Senate committee.

The list of events for today. The "Senate Calender."

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2011-2012/Calendar/senate/pdf/2012-SC-12-13-080.pdf

They are working their way through House messages to the Senate.

Item #8 on the list is the beginning of the third readings of bills. When we hit there they will probably move the agenda. Shuffle the deck, so to speak.

The House bills, we're watching, are item numbers 13,14,15,16.

Senate bills to watch are listed as item numbers 27,37,38,39,53,55.

ATM last item of house messages being worked now ..

I posted links to the current substitutes here:

http://michiganmedic...05

Also, the most recent amendments were listed in the Senate journal, and Malamute has posted them here too, I think. They amended each bill, delaying effect until April 1.

All mmj bills listed on the calender show "I. E." immediate effect.

Lunch break.

System says I can't post a reply because I'm posting to fast.

Can anyone tell me how long I'm now required to wait?

Edited by peanutbutter

I'll start a thread about this shortly:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/12/13/1330781/senate-judiciary-chair-open-to-amending-federal-marijuana-law-to-permit-some-possession/

Senate Judiciary Chair Open To Amending Federal Marijuana Law To Permit Some Possession

By Nicole Flatow on Dec 13, 2012 at 12:50 pm

marijuana-shop-300x198.jpgSenate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-VT) signaled his willingness this week to consider amending federal drug law to permit possession of small amounts of marijuana, or at least exempt new state marijuana laws from the federal drug scheme.

In a letter to the director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy released Thursday, Leahy sought guidance on how the Department of Justice might “prioritize Federal resources” in reacting to the passage of laws in Washington and Colorado that legalize and regulate recreational marijuana. He wrote:

Legislative options exist to resolve the differences between Federal and state law
in this area and end the uncertainty that residents of Colorado and Washington now face.
One option would be to amend the Federal Controlled Substances Act to allow possession of up to one ounce of marijuana, at least in jurisdictions where it is legal under state law
. In order to give these options full consideration, the Committee needs to understand how the administration intends to respond to the decision of the voters in Colorado and Washington. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter.

Leahy is not the first member of Congress to seek amendments to the federal Controlled Substances Act, which currently bans all possession and distribution of marijuana, though he may be the highest ranking. Two Colorado House members introduced a bill last month to exempt states with their own marijuana laws from the CSA. Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO), who strongly opposed Colorado’s marijuana legalization law, joined Rep. Diana DeGette (D-CO) in sponsoring the proposal. A number of other members of Congress have implored the Obama administration to refrain from prosecuting those in compliance with state law.

Leahy also announced Thursday that the Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing to probe how the Obama administration plans to react. Since the passage of the Colorado and Washington laws last month, the administration has provided little clear guidance, frustrating both states’ governors as they begin to implement the new measures. Last month, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper said in a letter to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder that he needs a response “as soon as possible.” The first indication that a response may be imminent came from Holder yesterday, when he said he said the Department will likely respond “relatively soon.” “There is a tension between federal law and these state laws,” he said.

Immediately after the passage of the two ballot initiatives, the DOJ and the Drug Enforcement Administration released identical statements saying only that enforcement of federal drug law “remains unchanged.” And on the day the Washington law went into effect, the U.S. attorney in Seattle reminded state residents that possession, use and sale of marijuana is still a federal crime.