Cbs: 83% Now Accept Mmj. Up From 77% Last Year.

peanutbutter

you know what other bill 'wasnt on the agenda'?

that other bill wasnt even written, and it got passed in a day. with 12000 protesters protesting.

these legislators can pass anything they want at any time.

i'm just being realistic. i cant see the future.

i mean, after rick snyder lied about it not being on the agenda...

why would you trust anything they say about whats on or off the agenda?

The bill wasn't written???? Whaaaat?

I think you are confusing the legislature's agenda with the Governor's. If it isn't on the Governor's agenda it doesn't mean he won't sign it if it comes across his desk. I don't see how he lied.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooooo, let me get this straight. You distributed MRI scans coupled with a simple claim that cannabis cured the cancer? No professional opinions? No controlled studies? No indications whether the cure claim could, in reality, be part of a spontaneous remission statistic? No claim made that cancer was clear (eg. possible yet to be discovered metastses) but only a claim that a particular tumor or lesion shrank or disappeared?

You do realize that anyone who is educated, and probably most who aren't, will see such an MRI scan as proof of NOTHING, right?

I would hazard a guess that the majority of the legislators are educated people. Even if your claim is true (that cancer was "cured") those people have no proof of that by looking at an MRI scan. And even if the MRI scan was proof of remission it is not proof of treatment. So, in the end, all they have is the word of one person and somehow you think they will rely on someone whom may, or may not, have ulterior motives.

Furthermore, and no offense intended, I think a lot of them already see you as a froot loop because of past behavior (a la, "Hey Rick Jones, I'll prove that cannabis doesn't alter driving ability. Come take a ride with me!"). So why, pray tell, would anyone think that literature passed around by you means anything? I wonder what your answer would be.

Again, no offense. This is just reality. You really ought to try and step back and consider what your behavior looks like to someone who has your literature dumped into their inbox.

Ahhh .. Let's not forget that there have been people telling lawmakers to ignore me. For years.

Don't worry. I wasn't claiming to represent anyone but myself.

I let CBS, Dr. William Courtney and the Huffington Post speak for themselves.

Edited by peanutbutter

the head of the party in the state (snyder) says rtw isnt on _his_ agenda, sure, he doesnt introduce bills, thats truth.

but he knows its coming, he knew the date, the hour, and even when he was going to sign it.

'written in a day' i heard on a radio story. maybe it was wrong.

i saw someone else post that it was a copy of RTW bill from ALEC.

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/12/11903/michigan-passes-right-work-containing-verbatim-language-alec-model-bill

the head of the party in the state (snyder) says rtw isnt on _his_ agenda, sure, he doesnt introduce bills, thats truth.

but he knows its coming, he knew the date, the hour, and even when he was going to sign it.

'written in a day' i heard on a radio story. maybe it was wrong.

i saw someone else post that it was a copy of RTW bill from ALEC.

http://www.prwatch.o...alec-model-bill

Written in a day? You don't know how the process works if you believe that. When bills are written they go through a bunch of hoops before they go up for vote. Including passing through a non-partisan review by a legal team that ensures (as much as possible) that they don't conflict with other laws.

But, regardless, whether Snyder knew the leg. was working on the bill that doesn't put it on his agenda. Stop with the imputation of agenda by virtue of knowledge that someone else is working on something. That, or redefine "agenda" in your own fancy manner so it fits your situation.

This is the simple statement I made while quoting those two media stories with their respective links:

Restricting the medical marijuana program is a move in the wrong direction. It tells our doctors to avoid this medicine.

Instead, our lawmakers should be focused on encouraging doctors to use this medicine to save lives. Every day of delay is more lives lost.

Please vote no on every bill that attempts to restrict this medicine.

Gersh Avery (phone number)

Co-founder Michigan Cannabis Cancer project. Educating cancer patients since 2008.

** Patients commonly consume a half pound of marijuana per month for this purpose. **

Edited by mibrains
removed phone number

But, regardless, whether Snyder knew the leg. was working on the bill that doesn't put it on his agenda. Stop with the imputation of agenda by virtue of knowledge that someone else is working on something. That, or redefine "agenda" in your own fancy manner so it fits your situation.

it was snyder's republican agenda to get right to work enacted into law.

how are we even arguing the word 'agenda' here?

it has only one meaning. a goal. the republicans goal is to have right to work states.

it was the legislatures agenda to pass it, and snyders agenda to sign it.

this was known for a long time. thats part of the reason why the unions tried to get it on the ballot.

to say it wasnt his agenda is just silly.

Edited by t-pain

it was snyder's republican agenda to get right to work enacted into law.

how are we even arguing the word 'agenda' here?

it has only one meaning. a goal. the republicans goal is to have right to work states.

it was the legislatures agenda to pass it, and snyders agenda to sign it.

this was known for a long time. thats part of the reason why the unions tried to get it on the ballot.

to say it wasnt his agenda is just silly.

It is because Snyder was bullied as a kid.

Ahhh .. Let's not forget that there have been people telling lawmakers to ignore me. For years.

Don't worry. I wasn't claiming to represent anyone but myself.

I let CBS, Dr. William Courtney and the Huffington Post speak for themselves.

The MRI doesn't speak for itself. Clearly you had to make a claim of cure. Curiously, what data would indicate that cannabis cured whatever was represented on the MRI? Also, as for the infant with the brain tumor, how common is a spontaneous remission for that type of tumor at that age? And how do they know that cannabis oil cured the tumor? Could it have been a coincidence? Was the child breastfeeding? If so who is to say that breastmilk didn't cause tumor shrinkage? These are just a few questions that should be asked before making a claim that something was cured by x.

You need to realize that there are many products out there that claim to cure cancer. Google it. They all claim the same things. Trouble with products like that is that those who use them, whom would have gone into spontaneous remission, will then attribute the "cure" to the product. So, yes, you could give people a tsp of sugar and for those who go into spontaneous remission many will claim sugar cured them. That's the trouble with studies done with no control parameters.

The MRI doesn't speak for itself. Clearly you had to make a claim of cure. Curiously, what data would indicate that cannabis cured whatever was represented on the MRI? Also, as for the infant with the brain tumor, how common is a spontaneous remission for that type of tumor at that age? And how do they know that cannabis oil cured the tumor? Could it have been a coincidence? Was the child breastfeeding? If so who is to say that breastmilk didn't cause tumor shrinkage? These are just a few questions that should be asked before making a claim that something was cured by x.

You need to realize that there are many products out there that claim to cure cancer. Google it. They all claim the same things. Trouble with products like that is that those who use them, whom would have gone into spontaneous remission, will then attribute the "cure" to the product. So, yes, you could give people a tsp of sugar and for those who go into spontaneous remission many will claim sugar cured them. That's the trouble with studies done with no control parameters.

That MRI was presented by Dr. Courtney.

You see it in the video at the link.

They have been on the agenda since they passed committee. That is not a way to tell if they will be brought up.

It has been inferred by a couple key Senators that these bills will "likely" not be passed this session.

Every second that passes without them passing the bills is one second closer to making that statement true.

Well .. I think we survived today.

As I understand it, as of 4:20 they hadn't voted on them.

Resume the process tomorrow?

Then is tomorrow the last day? Or do they also have next week?

I tell people to remember that many of those sources have said they would pass tomorrow, not pass at all, pass next week and not pass this session.

Eventually they will be right. Hahahaha..

Truth is, the bills are on the back burner, they are more concerned with other bills, and hopefully these do not pass in the herd of bills flying tomorrow.

Let me be clearer. These bills could pass on a whim, or fail on a whim.

Blink of an eye.

56 can just pass and be done in the Senate. 34/51 go back to the house.

Tick Tock Tick Tock.

Dem's are spineless jellyfish. Repubs fall in line and go over the cliff like lemmings.

Let's just hope the lemming that takes the lead tomorrow isn't carrying our bills on him.

:-)