Awe Snap! What Should I Do?

rustyjams

I finally got my Hydro room going about a month ago and with the help of some generous members I got all the bugs worked out. These bad girls are now growing at an alarming rate-BOOOYAAA!!! Now I have another problem. About 8 months ago I signed up for the "Michigan Weatherization Project" through "Community Action Agency" and they will be starting work on my home at the end of June(so I have some time to think of what to do) making it more energy efficient. Blown in insulation, updates on my furnace and water heater, weather stripping windows and doors, etc. Well even though I am totally legal to grow and have all my documentation I still might be screwed. I mean, these guy's are coming in to help me save energy.What are they going to when they go in the basement and see plant's, multiple lights, pumps, etc. running? On one of the papers of the guidelines(please see picture) it clearly says...

"The presence and/or use of any controlled substance, or paraphernalia in the dwelling unit during the time period in which services are being performed"

I figure by late June my plants will be about half way through flower so this is very bad timing. I completely forgot I signed up for this and yes my home does need these upgrade services. Will my legal documentation that is tacked to my locked grow room door exempt me from this rule? And I'm not thrilled about complete strangers knowing that I'm growing but that's the least of my worries. What should I do? Or better yet, What would you do? All suggestions welcome.   

Thanks,

Rusty

post-34379-0-70175000-1366562398_thumb.jpg

No Washtenaut, I can't postpone. It's one of those "use it or lose it" type things. Bummer :( 

And to you other dudes, I've pondered the idea of moving them and balked at it but it looks like I have little choice. I'll have to brainstorm and think of someone that will let me store them for a few days. Maybe my sisters garage??? Luckily my grow room and lights/pumps is going to be gravy to take down and I can have it all back up within an hour. :)

also... for your consideration...i think your going to want to sign a lease with your sister and legally rent the space.. just to be sure your compliant with the new regulations that went into effect on 4-1....

should be no problem to lease you the garage for "storage purposes"

short term... only for the duration of the use.. but it might save you some headaches if it becomes an issue...

good luck..

keep us informed of your progress and decision if you don't mind...

i feel like this is an important topic and your real life experiences might help other people..

thank you for sharing your circumstances with us.

yeah, just remember you dont have to setup all of your lights for temp.

just a couple cfls on a timer will do until you can get them under hps again.

think of it this way... do you want 5 random strangers knowing you grow?

plus any random people they tell that you grow?

thats how people get robbed. sucks but it is what it is.

DUDES!!! WTF was I thinking? Later this fall I was going to put up 8x10 steel shed in the back yard for tools and such. I was even going to bury an underground extension cord from the house to the shed for power to run yard tools, saws, light, etc. This has been planned since last summer. Why wait till fall? I'm going to get started payday. I figure with the raised wood floor I'm building and the shed itself I can have it done in a day! It will be about 50ft from the house and there would be no reason for the inspector and contractors to even go back there. The stuff they are doing is to the house, not out buildings. I don't know why this didn't dawn on me earlier. It's a no brainer DUH! And it just so happens that Sears has my shed on sale for $239. This is perfect. I jumped the gun and got myself all worked up for nothing. I can do my plant transfer at night and no one will be non the wiser to my clandestine op.  :thumbsu:

* Just 6 plants right now T-pain because being my first DWC grow I wanted to test the water first(no pun intended-LOL). Now that I "think" I know what I'm doing I'll move up to my allotted 12 if I have success(and it's looking reeaaaly good). These girls are growing so fast I might be flowering sooner than expected. At this rate I'll never even look at messy dirt again.

Life is good,

Rusty   :bong2:

post-34379-0-08084900-1366678567_thumb.jpg

Stoop wringing your hands and typing and move the crop already.

I agree! just get some of the plastic, white on one side black on the other and put up a spot in your sisters garage, like you said it only takes an hr, and than just go back and forth every day in case the move stunts them a lil bit, come on if I was able to get all that work done to my house, id just shut down my grow to get it done, it sounds like you have a place to move em, shcitt or get off the pot!

Peace

Jim

I agree! just get some of the plastic, white on one side black on the other and put up a spot in your sisters garage, like you said it only takes an hr, and than just go back and forth every day in case the move stunts them a lil bit, come on if I was able to get all that work done to my house, id just shut down my grow to get it done, it sounds like you have a place to move em, shcitt or get off the pot!

Peace

Jim

Scroll up 2 posts Jimbo, I already found a solution. And even had I not solved the problem, I wouldn't even be close to the point of moving them. The work on my house doesn't start until the end of June. Thanks.

Rusty

:bong7bp: