Anybody Get High?

In some conversations I've had with people who carry the state issued card say nothing about how good the high feels. Is this taboo talk in the medical community? I'm new to the community, but no stranger to the world of Cannabis. Geez, I can't say enough about the euphoria. The most beautiful gift from this medicine is that calming effect. Some people find this with Yoga, but I'm the person who will enhance and then do Yoga. Whoa! Talk about finding your inner peace.

Anywho :D  I just wondered if anyone else enjoyed that "side effect" :devil: or are we not supposed to talk about it?

Hey, it don't take away all my pain, but it sure helps me not dwell on it when my mind is busy relaxing. :D :D   I'm Not Kidding.

Edited by Juicy

It is an interesting topic.  It has been discouraged here because of who the audience may be I think.

Folks are afraid that opponents of medical cannabis will come to the site and see postings about how stoned the medicine makes one versus how effective the medicine was in treating medical symptoms. 

The opponents could come away confirming their suspicions that the whole movement is just a big trick to get high.  We don't want that to happen.  It is already tough enough to gain acceptance as medicine.

I think there are some medical conditions that benefit from the heady, high effect and some other conditions that benefit more from the heavier, body effect.  So, it is certainly not wrong to discuss but try to be aware of your audience.  It could possibly be better for the movement if folks emphasized how the effect helped their condition along with the sense of well being, aka, the buzz.

Cannabis enhances feelings of "well being". What is the stated goal of many of the medicines produced by big pharma? To make one "feel better". Cannabis does this quite effectively. Just the feeling of well being can make an individual forget or marginalize the many negative aspects of disease, so in this respect cannabis is effective as a medicine. I believe, but cannot backup with studies, that a person's attitude can make a big difference in how well they are able to cope with illness.

One of the reasons that talking about getting high is frowned upon in the medical community is those anti cannabis members of the senate look for little bits of info to use against patients most believe that we smoke eat and vaporize cannabis to get high which clearly isn't true.  

At one time I was on 5 different medications for my peripheral nuerapathy once I started using cannabis I'm down to two pills a day neither for the PN cannabis alone numbs  my pain so to as not to shine a negative light on patients we all should try to use other more acceptable words that they cannot claim are negative  towards the people in the program I myself use the term nice effect to describe the feeling I get from cannabis use .

In some conversations I've had with people who carry the state issued card say nothing about how good the high feels. Is this taboo talk in the medical community? I'm new to the community, but no stranger to the world of Cannabis. Geez, I can't say enough about the euphoria. The most beautiful gift from this medicine is that calming effect. Some people find this with Yoga, but I'm the person who will enhance and then do Yoga. Whoa! Talk about finding your inner peace.

Anywho :D  I just wondered if anyone else enjoyed that "side effect" :devil: or are we not supposed to talk about it?

Hey, it don't take away all my pain, but it sure helps me not dwell on it when my mind is busy relaxing. :D :D   I'm Not Kidding.

Well as a rule, we/I try not to talk to much about that effect of the medicine, but I do say get your self a cool drink and chill on couch for a few hrs depending on what I recomend when people ask, Couch lock is pretty obvious that your will feel the I realy dont care about the pain effect or anything else for now lol! People will and are talking about mm with lower thc and higher cbd's,  thats a pretty obvious choice of words,  also it will help you sleep well, and this one will help you to work well, I take that to mean one gives you the thc feeling more than the other!

I havent looked around and found any sites about prescription medication, and people saying oh man this one makes me scratch my butt off. or that one gives me the head bobs!

I would just say!   Somthings are better left unspoken!

Peace and enjoy our some what freedom to choose our meds!

Jim

Well as a rule, we/I try not to talk to much about that effect of the medicine, but I do say get your self a cool drink and chill on couch for a few hrs depending on what I recomend when people ask, Couch lock is pretty obvious that your will feel the I realy dont care about the pain effect or anything else for now lol! People will and are talking about mm with lower thc and higher cbd's,  thats a pretty obvious choice of words,  also it will help you sleep well, and this one will help you to work well, I take that to mean one gives you the thc feeling more than the other!

I havent looked around and found any sites about prescription medication, and people saying oh man this one makes me scratch my butt off. or that one gives me the head bobs!

I would just say!   Somthings are better left unspoken!

Peace and enjoy our some what freedom to choose our meds!

Jim

I dont know why but I cant edit my posts! can a mod check it out for me please.  I just wanted to correct one of my example of feeling the thc more or not.  The higher the cbd's the more it can help your ailment and not make you feel the thc as much, and the one with higher thc than cbd's you will feel more of a well being!  It has been my experience with my chronic pain that the higher the thc the better it makes me feel, and it either knocks the pain out of makes it so I just dont care for quite a while!

People who are sick and maybe even dying at a faster rate than most others in this life will welcome the peace of mind this medicine provides. The mind is a powerful machine and if it is allowed to relax a person can suffer less or even improve to a possible recovery.

However the proper way to say it - I couldn't survive without that feeling brushing across my mind telling me if I die today everything is going to be ok.

People who are sick and maybe even dying at a faster rate than most others in this life will welcome the peace of mind this medicine provides. The mind is a powerful machine and if it is allowed to relax a person can suffer less or even improve to a possible recovery.

However the proper way to say it - I couldn't survive without that feeling brushing across my mind telling me if I die today everything is going to be ok.

That works for me :bong2:

Peace

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

in my experince(30 yrs asa medical user)getting high or stoned or whatever you want to call it is a very important part of the healing experience

ive juiced non psycoactive cannabis and was greatly impressed with its healing properties 

but when i stoppped smoking i fell into a state of lethargy

i could feel the awesome healing powers of the raw juices but couldnt access them as well as i thought i should

after weeks of not smoking my health was improving but very slowly and i had become somewhat introverted 

the first time i smoked after the cleanse detox period was truly mind blowing i wrote 2 of my best songs ever and powerslammed 10 or more smoothies

after a good nights sleep i began smoking a gram or two of very high grade hashish a day

within days i felt much of my body starting to bubble with life

my energy appetite and ability to focus all came back

i couldnt afford juicing for very long but it was a great lesson in tapping the energy of the herb

being high is great thing 

it lifts the soul and powers the mind to beleive great things are possible

it releives us of our trained consraints so that we can be our true selves without hindrance

i vastly powerfull healing tool

any health professional will tell you 99% of healing is in the patients state of mind

D