Philly Building Collapse - My Thoughts

solabeirtan

Very sad epitath for these victims. The real culprits in this tragedy, go from the Gov down. They issued the Permit. The least they could have done is protect the citizens. How could they issue a permit to tear down a 50' Bldg with a Machine that has a 15' reach. Not closing the adjacent Business is Negligent Homicide. Irresponsible. Thoughtless. Ignorant...

Philly Tradgedy

Philadelphia-building-collapse.jpg

Edited by solabeirtan

I missed something how is cannabis involved didn't hear it mentioned.

They are charging the excavator operator with negligent manslaughter and a drug test showed he was under the influence or had THC in his system but im sure if it were vics or methadone he would have been fine.

Right and it was his fault there were people in the building next door. A one store building. They're tearing down the 4 story building next door.

It's the guys fault that was operating a machine? Was it his machine? Is his name on the Permit? Did they have Insurance?  Where was the City Building Inspector ?

They deny any responsibility 'cause the operator had traces of Cannabis in his system ? Although unfortunate I don't see how that  creates a  blanket style conviction.

Seems that is the only factor involved. Prior to any investigation or determination of liability.

Updated 5:00pm CNN News

The Operator has just turned himself in. They found a woman sometime this morning that was buried over 12 hrs. Shes alive and in Penn St Hospital.

Edited by solabeirtan

A friend of mine believes that if you are in an accident where the other person is at fault and you have cannabis in your system, they will find a way to make you the one at fault.

Its only because it has happened here in Michigan a young high school senior was out driving up telegraph and she was a casual user non medical a woman who had multiple DUIs came up the southbound lanes and hit this teen girl and dies the police pull blood on this girl she has THC in her system from weeks before she's convicted of dui causing death ill see if I can find the news link it happened in  09 or 10 I think south of Warren in Dearborn heights .

A friend of mine believes that if you are in an accident where the other person is at fault and you have cannabis in your system, they will find a way to make you the one at fault.

At a Federal Motor Carrier rules and insurance seminar in 2004 for trucking company owners, put on by insurance companies, one companies' atty explained why their company had a 'no reinsure' cannabis driver ban, by saying exactly that:  the company insuring the cannabis-positive driver always loses even if the other driver is drunk, even if the cannabis driver had a complete and accurate log book and the drunk driver didn't keep one.    

It looks like that theory is in play in this situation. Typical Republican tactics. Blame the victim.

Edited by pic book

I only had 1 driver who tested positive (and given the test protocol and its random computer selection, think it unlikely anyone evaded detection).   After the federally-mandated treatment, that driver went to a national giant that self-insured.  (We were tiny).

Our pee test by the way--at the insurance company's requirement--was conducted with a licensed nurse direct-on observing collection thru a glass wall, and the diriver had to stay turned directly toward her.  Prior to driver's entry into that cube the nurse observed as driver dropped trou. She was looking and feeeling for any tube or pouch taped along a leg.  And there was no toilet in the room, just a table.  A hand sterilizer was on the table with towels.  A chair was the only other thing in the room.  Specimen temp was recorded upon draw and then continuously for an hour.

By the way, with Somali drivers it is not mj use.  It's khat and at that time khat was not screened for.

Edited by pic book