Man Allegedly Caught With $121,000 Worth Of Marijuana Appears In Court

CHANNING -- The Channing man who was caught with over $121,000 worth of marijuana faced a preliminary examination on Friday morning.

Fifty-two-year-old Mark Baker faces at least seven years in prison for manufacturing and delivering five to 45 kilograms of marijuana. He is also a habitual offender, third offense.

In his appearance in district court, Baker waived his examination and will be bound over to circuit court. His next appearance is an arraignment on July 22 at 1 p.m.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/news/story.aspx?id=909895#.Ub2zgZVUFFQ

I only go to court for medical marijuana Pts.  I try to limit the scope of my activism.  While I'm all for legalization, I believe it detracts from my purpose of helping MMJ patients.  I only have so much time each day as I'm also a sick person, (COPD, interstitial cystits, chronic pancreatitis, the worst!,  and three herniated discs ) and run my own business to make a good chunk of my support money, otherwise I'd go broke.

Five to 55 kilos! This guy had nothing to do with MMJ. 

I guess i just don't believe every thing i read in the news so thats why i do go if i can look at our case they charged us both with 20-200 plants 

and when you read about our case it don't sound like mmj case ether 

this guy would do better with minorml on his side, like cell said, Its real hard to see this as an mm case, true it is a mj case, but no where does it look like he is just trying to be compassionate to pt's or taking care of pts, If it was ment to be made into oil that should have happened before they decided to travel with that much,,,even if I got cuaght with that much, I wouldnt expect any one to back me up, other than my attny!

Peace

Jim

When is the last time we saw minorml helping out with any case? none that i know of and with their war chest full of $$ from me and a lot others i am sorry i will not give them any of the money i don't have 

Back before the mmj Law i did support them but now who would go for Tax and regulate after we have had a taste of Freedom to grow are own 

Sorry onward not backwards 

Here was the original article I seen,

CHANNING - The name of the Channing resident arrested after a search warrant resulted in the discovery of marijuana with a street value of more than $121,500.

Mark Baker, 52, is charged in Dickinson County Court with delivery/manufacture of five to 45 kilograms of marihuana and habitual offender, third offense notice.

Baker is scheduled for a preliminary examination on May 31 at 9:15 a.m..

Prosecuting Attorney Lisa Richards said he indicated that he would hire his own attorney.

Baker was arrested after troopers from the Iron Mountain Post, along with agents from the Michigan Department of Corrections Parole Division executed a search warrant at his residence last Wednesday.

Law enforcement made contact with a subject wanted for a parole violation and noticed the odor of marijuana inside the residence.

According to a news release issued by the post, a search warrant was obtained, and troopers located a marijuana growing operating inside the residence.

Seized were both growing plants and processed material totaling in excess of $121,500 street value.

Troopers also seized growing and processing equipment.

Here was the original article I seen,

CHANNING - The name of the Channing resident arrested after a search warrant resulted in the discovery of marijuana with a street value of more than $121,500.

Mark Baker, 52, is charged in Dickinson County Court with delivery/manufacture of five to 45 kilograms of marihuana and habitual offender, third offense notice.

Baker is scheduled for a preliminary examination on May 31 at 9:15 a.m..

Prosecuting Attorney Lisa Richards said he indicated that he would hire his own attorney.

Baker was arrested after troopers from the Iron Mountain Post, along with agents from the Michigan Department of Corrections Parole Division executed a search warrant at his residence last Wednesday.

Law enforcement made contact with a subject wanted for a parole violation and noticed the odor of marijuana inside the residence.

According to a news release issued by the post, a search warrant was obtained, and troopers located a marijuana growing operating inside the residence.

Seized were both growing plants and processed material totaling in excess of $121,500 street value.

Troopers also seized growing and processing equipment.

they get the money amount by joint and then break it down how much it cost per joint