Charlotte's Web And Epilepsy

stellar17

I have heard "Charlotte's Web" is being grown in CO, but does anyone know if it is being grown in SE MI? I have been wanting to give that strain a try and I was wondering if I could get any tips on growing it. I understand the high CBD low (to no) THC makes it effective in treating epileptic seizures in children without the mind altering effects, as with Charlotte Figi:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/09/charlotte-figi-6-year-old-marijuana-medical_n_3734283.html

I have heard "Charlotte's Web" is being grown in CO, but does anyone know if it is being grown in SE MI? I have been wanting to give that strain a try and I was wondering if I could get any tips on growing it. I understand the high CBD low (to no) THC makes it effective in treating epileptic seizures in children without the mind altering effects, as with Charlotte Figi:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/09/charlotte-figi-6-year-old-marijuana-medical_n_3734283.html

I have been trying to get into contact with the Stanley Brothers since I saw the CNN Special w/Dr. Gupta. 

Wish us luck.

• 1 month later...

http://michiganmedic...r-sanjay-gupta/

I can now say with reasonable certainty that I am officially in possession of legitimate Charlotte's Web Genetics =)

It's been quite a day, and I have quite a story to tell...

After declaring to start a CBD community breeding project this morning I decided one of the first things we would need would be a couple already high in CBD strains as a starting point for selective breeding.. I decided to call Mitch over at The Bud Depot in Lyons Colorado, He's made his way around the industry to a considerable extent and he clued me in on something that I found very interesting, It turns out Charlotte's Web is actually a Charlotte's Lie... it's a stolen and re-branded strain, the original was simply named R4.

I know, that sounded way over the top to me to.... So, I got on Google and did a little research. Turns out Greenwerkz Denver does have a claim on this strain named R4, so thinking at the very least this would be a great starting strain for the breeding project I called them in hopes that they would not be keeping it under lock and key like The Stanley Brothers are doing with C-Web. And to my happy surprise they are making it available in seed form.

I immediately jumped in my truck and headed down to they're shop. Still not believing entirely the story of Charlotte's web being a re-brand of R4 I was very fortunate and felt a moment of providence when waiting in the Greenwerkz Lobby I had a chance to meet one of the owners, a very friendly gentleman by the name of Todd. I asked him permission to share the things he was about to tell me and he encouraged me to do so...

At one point the head grower of Greenwerkz was an oriental man who kept a unusual strain he called Wu-1. One day Todd one of Greenwerkz owners brought a sample of the dried Wu-1 flowers to Full Spectrum Labs to be tested in a gas chromatography machine. He knew that there was just something different about it, Todd explained that he received a rather excited phone call from Full Spectrum once they're tests where complete "Do you know what you have here?" they asked him. 20%+ CBD, this is an amazing strain! he had no idea until that moment.

Sometime around 2010 The Stanley Brother's and the owners of Greenwerkz shared a common grow space. Todd mentioned that the Stanley's where actively working with higher CBD strains at the time, but nothing not even close to the Wu-1 later to be R4's levels which are 20%+CBD and around 1% THC. This sounded convincing enough, but there was one last piece to the puzzle that finally convinced me this is all true... The tell tale genetic mutation in the buds and leafs which causes very unusual white streaks and patches (a trait I have never seen before) is present in Charlotte's Web and (drum roll) in R4 as well... case closed in my book.

WHICH IS REALLY EXCITING!!! so in front of me I have 11 F1 R4 seeds, AKA - Charlotte's Web Seeds =)

Perfect foundation for an accelerated community breeding project. I will definitely keep you all updated on it's progress as things move along.

Mibrains:  you get the DANKY GANGA prize for original research and for finding facts and details on which DR. SANGAY GUPTA stands corrected.  Also the Stanley Bros show as creeps trading on another's work and passing off it as their own...their new names are the StayLameLiarBros.  What douche bags who played a great role in seizure treatment. 

My interest is in getting relief for restless legs syndrome without the drug Requip, generic Ropinirole.

Great work Mibrains...i'm nominating you for MMMA Man of the Year..

Edited by pic book