R.s.o. Made With Naptha

What if I want to smoke it ? Should I use double boiler method ? Or right on the heat ?

Naphtha is generally a mixture of pentane and hexane. Both can be very toxic to humans if not removed (purged) properly.

Depending on the type of naphtha used, it could be laced with benzene and other toxic chemicals that won't come out as easily as naphtha.

If I were you, I'd take that garbage back to the dispensary where it came from.

Wish I could brother..I'm not there anymore ! I moved

Wish I could brother..I'm not there anymore ! I moved

So you've decided to smoke the stuff anyway? If that's the case, then yes, you can put it in a pot of shallow hot water. The water does not need to be boiling. Keep it no more than 200 degrees. You will see the naptha bubbling slowly off. When the bubbling stops, which can take an hour or two, the naptha will be as purged as best you can manage at home. The ISO rinse is a good option.

I really see no good reason for chemical extractions over mechanically extracted hashish.

nothing really wrong with a proper naptha extraction, as long as one can guarantee complete removal, say with a rotational evaporator. Seeing as someone who made it thought it was done and safe enough to sell to a dispensary for the sick, and another person thought it was a viable product and decided to broker it to the sick, I'd be afraid to use it at this point. who knows what the schmuck producer used ?  I do know that an extract with naptha weighs more than one without, and of course, that means more money for all, except the end user. beware

a chemical extraction will remove the waxes. In a mechanical extraction the waxy trichomes remain in the product. Me, I like the pure oil, but since our laws are in limbo, I'm actually enjoying the mechanically sifted keif in a big way, for now. 

So you've decided to smoke the stuff anyway? If that's the case, then yes, you can put it in a pot of shallow hot water. The water does not need to be boiling. Keep it no more than 200 degrees. You will see the naptha bubbling slowly off. When the bubbling stops, which can take an hour or two, the naptha will be as purged as best you can manage at home. The ISO rinse is a good option.

I really see no good reason for chemical extractions over mechanically extracted hashish.

It smells like uhh paint thinner ? But not as strong..I'm guessing its the naphtha I've never smelt naphtha alone...it smells like strong bho and paint thinner

try putting it in a glass baking pan and thinning it down, you dont need much heat, take your electric frying pan, put water in it, take and put your glass backing pan in the water on your electric fry pan, put heat on low, if it makes bubbles it needs to keep being warmed until it quits producing bubbles, remember low heat!

I hope that helps ya, other wise I dont think Id use it, I used to make bho and you cant smell nothing but hash when it is done!

(i no longer make it , hopefuly if the house bills pass as is on the oils I can start making it again ) :angel:

Peace

a chemical extraction will remove the waxes. In a mechanical extraction the waxy trichomes remain in the product. Me, I like the pure oil, but since our laws are in limbo, I'm actually enjoying the mechanically sifted keif in a big way, for now. 

If the intent is oral ingestion, the waxes may actually assist in digestion. Removing them in edible extract is a waste of time and solvent, again, IMO.

I find that decarboxylizing hashish and storing it in loosely sealed rx bottles prevents mold. It sterilizes it from any bacterial contamination. I hope to get back to health to the point that I can do the work and use nothing but.

What are the advantages of chemical extracts?

Edited by GregS

I'll tell ya this when I do make it I will NOT use naphtha that's for sure !! Thank you all so much for the help and advice!

you mention this site is the only one that says your oil is not good, did you tell the others how nasty is smells?

Dont just run out and make your own, the only thing you have heard dif here is a heating pad or an electric fry pan and not alot of heat, the way you can tell butane is out of your hash oil is when it stops bubling, and after that I keep it and basicaly the same heat a while longer and it is ready to eat or smoke, if your smelling naptha the despense should be shut down that you got it from,

Please dont run out and try to make your own, the reason some people use butane or naptha is it is a faster process not the safest process, I have many yrs experience with bho, I wouldnt use naptha for anything other than to clean my paint brushes that I used oil based paint on lol.

Both naptha and butane are very flamable and extreme caution should be used when using either as the extraction method!  I can assure you if as you say you smell naptha and butane, dont use it like it is, if you cant use the heating pad or electric fry pan get rid of it and take your losses, I would hate to read some one is in the hospital from smoking or eating unfinished honey oil,

Would you drink gas? would you huff butane? if the answer is yes, well have at it, but most would say no, if you cant get it all the way evaped and carbolized dont use it or pass it on. just get rid of it, dig a lil hole in your yard and burie it, out of site out of mind!

Peace

If decarboxylating is letting the marijuana dry before mechanically extracting, I do the same for mine, and can store long term. It will further degrade in time and become more couch locky , but some patients prefer that. I never heat my cannabis before an extraction, but I do heat my extraction if meant for an oral or topical dose. 

. I think one advantage to a chemical extraction is purity of the end result, and ultimately potency(by weight). Another may be to justify the cost of a unit that allows you to recapture the solvent used for reuse next time, with environmental and safety issues in mind, a well as waste. A mechanical xtract will most likely not recover 100% of the active ingredients, a proper solvent one will.

I find that decarboxylizing hashish and storing it in loosely sealed rx bottles prevents mold. It sterilizes it from any bacterial contamination. I hope to get back to health to the point that I can do the work and use nothing but.

What are the advantages of chemical extracts?

If decarboxylating is letting the marijuana dry before mechanically extracting, I do the same for mine, and can store long term. It will further degrade in time and become more couch locky , but some patients prefer that. I never heat my cannabis before an extraction, but I do heat my extraction if meant for an oral or topical dose. 

. I think one advantage to a chemical extraction is purity of the end result, and ultimately potency(by weight). Another may be to justify the cost of a unit that allows you to recapture the solvent used for reuse next time, with environmental and safety issues in mind, a well as waste. A mechanical xtract will most likely not recover 100% of the active ingredients, a proper solvent one will.

Do you have sources plz? I fully understand that there will remain a very small amount of leaf and flower pulp, and can see that the process could leave a very small amount of resin behind. But enough to justify the risk of explosion and cost? It must be said that to get allllll of a chemical extract, clean enough for comfortable use and without any loss in the process requires pretty extreme measures. My question is whether it is worthwhile. Now mind you, I'm a Clio redneck and appreciate the finer points of, "Hey y'all. Watch this," and I have scars to remind me of the fun I found doing crazy schit. But is it really anything more than wiz bang wheel spinning?

By decarboxylizing I mean to say to simply baking the stuff in a slow oven while I have a cup or two of coffee. Afterward I work it by hand into a sticky ball. If you want it thinned at all for oral use, any light vegetable oil will do.

The government has a hard on for volatile chemical extractions. Something more like this would help take the wind from their sails. I guess my point is that chemical extractions are not worth the time and trouble, given what I know.

How about it Jim? What advantages do you find?

Edited by GregS

jury is in .not worth the time/cost/risks, however, in some rare medical instances where the extractions may need to be a direct contact with affected internal area, I would probably say differently, but only a few of us are involved in that. What is not worth the risk, is buying this crap from a for profit store ! sickens me. I have no printed material, and only speak from "a friends" point of view on this.  

except this next part, that's all me ;

I believe that a dry sift simply and cheaply should be our standard mantra for all to see

. I've given links to the exact one I use from amazon for under 13 bucks. It is a helluva necessary tool to any producer.imo