What Is Mighty Wash?

GregS

I have used it a few times, only took one application, in veg. Worked great for me, I believe they also make a rinse solution?

Around here we call that clear, cold water. If you want to neutralize the ph, you can use the acid solution made during the process or a little lemon juice or vinegar in water. This is verry basic chemistry.

Edited by GregS

theres a drop of oil in there to I believe. lavender, or something. and that would need to mixed with a soap or something to keep the oil in solution? when I sprayed a gnat, the gnat died. but his brother was sprayed with canola oil/soap/water mix, and he died too. that one only cost pennies.

The hydroxide would emulsify a little oil, but I wonder if that is necessary. To my knowledge there is no oil in Safer Soap. Another aspect of Mighty Wash is that sales reps wow customers by drinking the stuff. The hydroxide has been hyped as a healthy drink and used for that purpose. It is notable that the company does not list the ingredients on the label, except to say it is 99% water and some inert ingredient. My premise is that the inert ingredient is common table salt. If you want to get silly you can use sea salt or pickling salt, but it is chemically identical. The first step is to build one of these and start to experiment. The time for talk is over. I'll shop today for parts, and ask that others do the same and compare notes. Perhaps experiment with different ph levels. Hey. It's sub zero out there. We need an indoor diversion. I have several ac device chargers if anyone needs one. A six volt battery works too.

Edited by GregS

wipe out has been banned by the Michigan Dept of Agriculgture  It worked great and smelled like a mild spice.

wipeout:  $25 per quart, $40 per gallon.

the wipeout labels say for contact,  email:  kbandkdistributors@aol.com.  

manufactured by b and k distributors, 1247 grand river, howell, mi  48843 

"Soap" is saponated "oil". oil and wax and soap are basically three of the same thing. 

Chemically, there is little difference between oils, fats and waxes. Vegetable oil in its purest form is a mixture of several triglycerides. A triglyceride is basically a molecule of glycerin with three fatty acid chains attached. The  difference between an oil and a wax is the melting point. An oil is a liquid at room temperature and a wax is a hard solid at room temperature. In between these two are fats that are substances that are soft solids at room temperature. Consequently, making wax from vegetable oil is very similar to making margarine from corn oil. The main methods used are hydrogenation and fractionation, (using heat and catalysts).

The hydroxide would emulsify a little oil, but I wonder if that is necessary. To my knowledge there is no oil in Safer Soap. Another aspect of Mighty Wash is that sales reps wow customers by drinking the stuff. The hydroxide has been hyped as a healthy drink and used for that purpose. It is notable that the company does not list the ingredients on the label, except to say it is 99% water and some inert ingredient. My premise is that the inert ingredient is common table salt. If you want to get silly you can use sea salt or pickling salt, but it is chemically identical. The first step is to build one of these and start to experiment. The time for talk is over. I'll shop today for parts, and ask that others do the same and compare notes. Perhaps experiment with different ph levels. Hey. It's sub zero out there. We need an indoor diversion. I have several ac device chargers if anyone needs one. A six volt battery works too.

"Soap" is saponated "oil". oil and wax and soap are basically three of the same thing. 

Chemically, there is little difference between oils, fats and waxes. Vegetable oil in its purest form is a mixture of several triglycerides. A triglyceride is basically a molecule of glycerin with three fatty acid chains attached. The  difference between an oil and a wax is the melting point. An oil is a liquid at room temperature and a wax is a hard solid at room temperature. In between these two are fats that are substances that are soft solids at room temperature. Consequently, making wax from vegetable oil is very similar to making margarine from corn oil. The main methods used are hydrogenation and fractionation, (using heat and catalysts).

Sodium hydroxide is lye with caustic properties and is an ingredient in some soaps. It is used for many other purposes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_hydroxide

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap

Edited by GregS