Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens: Marijuana Should Be Legal

cheapshades

The point is they all come out with their true feelings after it no longer matters his opinion holds zero weight now that he is no longer in power as for they would be labeled as biased like that's not already happening and being overlooked when it caters to the governments outdated cannabis laws .

SC judges are appointed for life, so it isn't clear to me why one would fear for his career by deviating from the norm. A SC court judge can't be "un-appointed" so I don't understand why one would fear losing his or her seat based on political or ideological views.

It seems to me it is more likely that he has always gotten his opinion from others rather than form his own. And now that folks like Sajay Gupta are no longer fearful of speaking up, others jump on the bandwagon. Sounds more to me like he is a "yes man" and would prefer that his legacy not reflect that he was on the wrong side of history.

Edited by Highlander