Amanda Latz Court Case

Single Mother and Activist Calls For Support

ADRIAN, Michigan, December 10, 2014 - Amanda Latz, a single mom, educator, gardener, and business woman in the cannabis industry needs your support.

The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act was passed by voters in 2008 with laws varying from city to city, which has caused mass confusion for patients, dispensaries, and caregivers. Amanda is a victim of this confusion and was approached in May by Michigans Monroe narcotics team (MANTIS) leading to her arrest and detention. On December 1, Amanda went to court and was offered a plea deal that both she and her lawyer deemed unacceptable. Amanda’s trial will begin December 15 at 10:00 AM, at the Monroe County Courthouse, located at 106 E First Street in Monroe, Michigan. Amanda is asking for as many supporters as possible to attend.

Amanda states “As a single mom and activist… I do not have the resources to pay bills and maintain life for my children in addition to paying my retainer fee.”

Amanda is also working with another cannamom to rally support across Michigan for other defendants.

Edited by blackhorse

I found a "Go Fund Me" page.  If Admin. says it's okay... I'll post the link.

She says:

I am Mom, an activist, a gardener, an educator, & a business woman in the cannabis industry. I have dedicated over the last two years of my life, sacrificing much time and energies away from my children and own agenda to fight prohibition head on, & have been in this industry behind the scenes for nearly two decades. I believe whole heartedly, that no one should EVER go to jail for a plant.

In May, I was in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Monroe county Michigans' Mantis team approached & cornered me. I am at this time,  chosing not to elaborate the details, as I am wise, & refuse to fuel their fire.

Any one who knows me personally, knows my agenda. I preach "legal as lettuce"...daily. Even upon being arrested & detained last week, I siezed the opportunity to speak to the officers about NORML, L.E.A.P., The Human Solution, the failing drug war & the medicinal uses of this awesome plant. 

I have never donated materials, time, money, or love to this cause to get ANYTHING in return...other than freedom for this plant and the people who embrace it. I have not make a financially rich rich career in this nature of work....but the rewards have been...immeasurable. The network of extensive *CANNAFAM* that I have around me, literally at this time, encircle the globe. I have NO regrets, what so ever. I have, & continue to be, blessed.

As a solider, fighting in this war, I know its time for me to call out the troops. I have faith that my fellow soliders will step up in my desperate time of need...as a single Mom & activist...I do not have the resources to pay bills & maintain life for my children & in addition too, pay for a retainer fee. I have been blessed by an angel with combat boots...Joshua Covert, a prominant MMJ lawyer in Michigan, has offered his services to me at bottom dollar, taking into consideration my parental status & my line of work. Please, if you belive in me, in this cause, in families, in medical marijuana, in civil freedoms, in the grassroots movement, in taking charge of your own health...please, if you could even donate $1...every one at this point...will count. Thank you for your time...& 
NO ONE, EVEN ME, SHOULD EVER GO TO JAIL FOR A PLANT!!!

I am at this time,  chosing not to elaborate the details, as I am wise, & refuse to fuel their fire. thats the first thing people don't want anyone to know the hole truth and thats fine if that how you want it but if you are asking for support some want the truth before they get up at 4 AM to go the Court for someone that you don't even know What

All that being said Yes i know her and the story but it is not right for someone else too do post it IMJO

It's not easy sometimes you as i do may feel like No one should go yo jail for a plant But where is that line or Bridge i should say 

"The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act was passed by voters in 2008 with laws varying from city to city, which has caused mass confusion for patients, dispensaries, and caregivers"

I am a patient and caregiver sans any confusion with the exception of unlawful dispensaries

'no one shud go to jail for a plant'????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

people go to jail for their behavior and actions in regards to a plant (or guns, or vehicles or other people).  when laws regarding anything (plants, guns, vehicles or other people), are violated, people may go to jail for violation of a statute.  

now then, in amanda's case, what violations of statute are charged?

should amana go to jail if it is prove she violated statutes as charged?

'no one shud go to jail for a plant'????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

people go to jail for their behavior and actions in regards to a plant (or guns, or vehicles or other people).  when laws regarding anything (plants, guns, vehicles or other people), are violated, people may go to jail for violation of a statute.  

now then, in amanda's case, what violations of statute are charged?        it's not me to say

should amana go to jail if it is prove she violated statutes as charged?      NO one should go to jail for a plant that is there saying