Getting Colloidal Silver For Small Fem Seed Runs?

pic book

I need advice.  How to get snow ryder seeds?   I have two snow ryders from feminized seeds, 7 inches tall and 9 weeks old.  I have 3 snow ryders 110 days old, almost two feet tall, with poison buds (cause these plants were treated with colloidal silver) and no sign of maleness.  So...

Let them all grow old and hope at the end of life (before they die) they produce male pollen?

Spray one of the 3 with reverse and hope that female goes all male?

Spray the younger two with colloidal silver but only a few times after they show budding?

I am stumped on how to achieve my goal, which is lots of snow ryder fem seeds.  I am so confused, my new name is pic book? 

• 1 month later...

2 things have happened to the snow ryder from breeder short stuff seeds.

It was 108 days old at my last post (april 6), and is now at day 149. 

(1)  Plant size is the same, but the buds have increased in size from raspberry size to large ripe strawberry size, and thick white pistils have formed over the buds, kinda encasing them. 

(2)  Pollen structures have appeared once again (after the first ones shriveled and disappeared), again as flat yellow petals without any body, and when tapped, they don't drop any pollen.

I'll let her live and keep observing.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my first visible pollen today.  Some of the others had a small something because I have about 6 seeds forming from the 5 buds I put crumbled sacs on.  The sacs were just falling off, not opening, so I crumbled some and tried to leave them on the buds to dry and drop any pollen in them.

Todays sacs are MUCH better and look to be opening well and releasing instead of drying up and putting out no visible dust.  The things I fixed are:

1 - I had it on the outskirts of the garden and it didn't get really bright light.

2. The humidity was up about 60% the last week or so and it's fixed in the last 2-3 days, down to 40%.

3. I stopped spraying silver on the whole plant and just focused on spraying the top.  Guess where the first good pollen sacs opened/ came from?   The bottom.  So maybe different plants are different.  If your still at it or do it again, I'd have low humidity, bright light and only spray either the top or bottom of the plant after pollen sacs start forming well/about a week before they look like they'll open.

And the super snow ballz and grapestomper OG/purple kush pollen seems to have stored well over the months.  All buds I hit with the frozen dried pollen took.  So I'm keeping the HP Cannatonic going to collect a bunch of pollen in case I get 100% hi CBD with these.  Should store a year or a few.

Edited by Norby

• 11 months later...

"After it became evident that abundant reversal of the sexual

state takes place in Cannabis saliva L., when grown in the green-

house during the short days of winter"

might be easier just to switch up the light schedule to induce male flowers... how many hours do you get in winter? 8 hours?

all the way from 1921, "Influence of Environment on Sexual Expression in Hemp, CANNABIS SATIVA L"

http://naldc.nal.usda.gov/download/IND43966819/PDF

enjoy.

more interestingly... wouldnt swapping the light also reverse male plants ? has anyone ever reversed a nice looking male ? food for thought.

sure, that works too, to make pollen which will produce sexually confused plants, hermies, especially when the offspring finds a warm room with phunky failing time schedules, light leaks, etc.  this is exactly what seed chucking breeders sell you, to make ooodles of forum posts complaining of chronic Hermaphroditus. :)

never seen or heard of a male cannabis plant being sexually confused. 

allowing a plant to go past its harvest date is the easiest way to produce viable pollen using a healthy female plant.

but using silver is cheaper than keeping the lights on for another several weeks.