Kingsley medical marijuana changes approved

bobandtorey

TRAVERSE CITY — Kingsley village officials opted into the state’s new medical marijuana program and could soon begin accepting license applications.

Village trustees approved a police power ordinance and zoning changes, both by 4-3 votes, at their meeting Monday, according to the village’s Clerk and Treasurer Deb Nickerson. The changes could allow officials looking to open businesses — like TheraCann USA’s proposed $20 million, 100,000 square-foot marijuana grow facility — to begin submitting medical marijuana license applications to the village.

Those applying under the Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act would need to acquire licenses from the local municipality and the state before opening.

http://www.record-eagle.com/news/local_news/kingsley-medical-marijuana-changes-approved/article_8762dd38-104a-590f-9e63-59fbdf72b930.html

$20 million 100,000 square foot production facility?

My spiny senses tell me that this is a money-losing scam. I really don't believe that there is a big enough market to justify that type of investment or scale. Not unless they plan on forcing patients into the dispensary system and prohibit their (or their caregiver's) homegrows.

Traverse City is not Denver or LA or Portland. Who is going to buy all of that product?