Child taking a few

Qz1nk3

so my brother just found out from his ex with whom he shares custody of a 15 year old boy with that his son took some of his medical marihuana from his personal stash. 

unsure of what he should do now because his ex can be a bit of a headache on things like this. his ex knows that he has a medical card but scared she may call CPS on him since his oldest son admitted it was his stuff. basically he is in panick mode and wants to disassemble and move his whole grow to his brother inlaw who can be his caregiver.

tried telling my brother that it already happened so even moving the stuff, she already has what she needs against him so theres not much there. told him that he just need to lock it up and put it away from prying eyes

his son texted my brother even saying he knew he shouldnt have done it and completely regrets it but like i told my brother kids will be kids

wondering whats the best move for my brother

Edited by Qz1nk3

Sad story and sad situation.

Taking a little of your parents' stash is a long-time tradition, going back to at least the 1970s when I was a kid. That's how most kids got something to burn.

It's a shame that MMJ would be used as a crutch by one ex- to f*ck with another.

I don't think that your brother did anything wrong. The act of the theft was the child's. There is no reason that a legal MMJ patient should have to hide his/her consumption and cultivation from a child. 

However, this is not legal advise. I'd suggest finding a trusted attorney.

Edited by mishigami bear

4 minutes ago, Qz1nk3 said:

thanks for the reply!

yeah hes more worried about what he has to do at a legal aspect to not get in trouble and get his shared custody taken

I know of a shared custody situation where CPS was called about marijuana use by one of the parents.

CPS said they don't take your kids away because you use marijuana.

They tell you to hide it good and don't smoke in front of the kids. 

This happened about 6 months ago and the people involved were not even legal users. 

So if you are doing everything else right they don't take your kids automatically because you use marijuana. 

If she calls CPS be very confident in yourself and say it will not happen again and everything should be fine.

22 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

I know of a shared custody situation where CPS was called about marijuana use by one of the parents.

CPS said they don't take your kids away because you use marijuana.

They tell you to hide it good and don't smoke in front of the kids. 

This happened about 6 months ago and the people involved were not even legal users. 

So if you are doing everything else right they don't take your kids automatically because you use marijuana. 

If she calls CPS be very confident in yourself and say it will not happen again and everything should be fine.

thanks for the vote of confidence. ill relay that back to him. 

i was thinking that his son is at an age of "knowing better" and that CPS wouldnt hold that against him when i know hes told him before to not tell his friends about the marihuana or mess with his stuff. his son, after being found with it even admitted he knew better and shouldnt have done it 

• 1 month later...