Extra Medicine?

I have a problem, I produce more that I need. I am a registered patient with Michigan. I have a little system going that is producing about 1 pound per cycle and I only use about 4 ounces. What do you do with the rest? Are you aloud by law to give it to another patient? Any wisdom is appreciated!

I have a problem, I produce more that I need. I am a registered patient with Michigan. I have a little system going that is producing about 1 pound per cycle and I only use about 4 ounces. What do you do with the rest? Are you aloud by law to give it to another patient? Any wisdom is appreciated!

Yes

As long as your dealing with a card carrying cg or patient but you do know at any given time your only allowed 2.5 oz correct?

Hows about getting some bubble hash bags and make some hash with your surplus.

Reduce your production if possible. The law allows up to twelve plants per patient, it does not require them. Not knowing what kind of system you are using I have no ideal how you might adjust it. Fewer plants and a longer cycle between starting plants should keep you legal.

So do you all agree that it is legal that a patient is aloud to give it to another patient?

There are plenty of legal professionals who will advise you that transfers to a patient or cg who is not your registered patient can result in arrest, grow tear-down, substantial legal fees, and the trauma of litigation....Your card protects you from arrest for transfers to other cardholders who are your registered patients. The card does not protect you from arrest for transferring to someone who is not your registered patient. The affimative defense will likely save you from conviction but you can still be arrested and go through the system.

42zero is correct. The law does not say anything about patient to patient transfers. It does say you are able to produce an uninterrupted supply though. I'm not sure, but if you use 4 oz. per month, and you and your harvest is every four months, I think the affirmative defense would be your chance to avoid prosecution. I would suggest lengthening your grow cycle or lowering the number of plants to accommodate the law. Do it legal so you don't get hemmed up! LEO would love nothing more than to make an example out of you!

I harvest every month. I do a 4 plant cycle, 4 in veg, 4 just flipped and 4 a month into flower. My flowering time is 60 days. I have no interest in care-giving and having to be responsible for the medicine of others. I really would not like to growing less considering I am with in the laws, and I have a good system going so "since its not broke, don't fix it type thing". But I do help out some other patients I know with my extras. Was just wondering If I was acting with in the law? Thanks

Archived