Black Out Bud Butter (BOBB)

Black Out Bud Butter by Scott's_a_buzzin'

“BOBB”

Improvement number one comes from using European sweet butter. Regular butter is about 80% butterfat while European butters range from 84-86%. This may seem trivial but remember it is the butterfat that exacts the cannabinoids so a 7-8 % increase in butterfat will result in a more efficient extraction and stronger butter. European style butter comes from a number of manufacturers including Plugra from upstate New York, Strauss Organic, and recently Challenge European Style. Yes, the best still comes from France but it is exorbitantly priced.

Improvement number two comes from using a coffee grinder to convert all cannabis plant material from whatever source to a fine powder. The use of powder means the butter will taste more like cannabis as some of the chlorophyll and a few terpenes get into the butter. It also means a vastly increased surface area where the butterfat meets the cannabinoids. Using powder or “flour” significantly increases the potency of the final butter.

Improvement number three comes from using the best starting materials available. In this case Train Wreck, California Orange, and Pooh Bear trim were ground up and supplemented by powdered California Orange flowers. Using bud as opposed to trim will increase the potency of the butter.

The three improvements noted above resulted in cannabutter that is markedly different from the normal (and quite wonderful) Bud Butter. Black Out Bud Butter (BOBB) is approximately 2oo-300% stronger. The name BOBB comes from the fact that this butter is midnight green and will cause blackouts if too much is consumed.

Ingredients:

2 ½ pounds (six cups) of European Style high butterfat unsalted butter. I combined 8 oz of Plugra with 1 pound of Strauss Organic and 1 pound of Challenge European Style. Everyone has there own favorites but mine is Strauss. Strauss is smoother and less greasy than the others.

4 oz powdered Train Wreck Trim (or what have you)

2 oz powdered Pooh Bear Trim (a cross of Train Wreck and Salmon Creek Big Bud) (or what have you)

2 oz powdered California Orange trim (or what have you)

1/3 oz powdered California Orange flowers (again, or what have you)

Method:

The butters were melted in a covered crock pot set on medium. The powdered cannabis was gradually stirred in with a wood spoon. The mixture was frequently stirred and cooked covered on medium for one hour followed by three hours set on low. Stirring was accomplished every 15 minutes.

After four hours the hot mixture was squeezed through cheese cloth into a bowl then the product was filtered once more through cheese cloth. All available butter was squeezed out producing approximately 3 ½ cups. Theoretically, the cloth balls remaining could be re-extracted with more butter but the product would not be nearly as strong. Approximately 75-85% of the available cannabinoids are extracted on the first pass.

Note on Preparation:

No gloves were used in squeezing the rather hot cloth balls into the collection vessel. If you go barehanded beware of burns. Usually the ball can be twisted and held at the top then you can press the ball with the wood spoon against the side of the collection vessel. Once the ball has cooled sufficiently you can “wring” out the last of the cannabutter. Yes, this is messy but will leave your hands oh so soft.

Note on Amount of powdered cannabis to use: I use as much as will go into solution with the butter. This varies depending upon the cannabis and source.

Note on Potency:

I know this cannabutter is potent simply from the extreme effects produced from handling it. I look forward to using this super potent butter for the next batch of Pecan Sandies.

Black Out Bud Butter by Scott's_a_buzzin'

“BOBB”

Improvement number one comes from using European sweet butter. Regular butter is about 80% butterfat while European butters range from 84-86%. This may seem trivial but remember it is the butterfat that exacts the cannabinoids so a 7-8 % increase in butterfat will result in a more efficient extraction and stronger butter. European style butter comes from a number of manufacturers including Plugra from upstate New York, Strauss Organic, and recently Challenge European Style. Yes, the best still comes from France but it is exorbitantly priced.

Improvement number two comes from using a coffee grinder to convert all cannabis plant material from whatever source to a fine powder. The use of powder means the butter will taste more like cannabis as some of the chlorophyll and a few terpenes get into the butter. It also means a vastly increased surface area where the butterfat meets the cannabinoids. Using powder or “flour” significantly increases the potency of the final butter.

Improvement number three comes from using the best starting materials available. In this case Train Wreck, California Orange, and Pooh Bear trim were ground up and supplemented by powdered California Orange flowers. Using bud as opposed to trim will increase the potency of the butter.

The three improvements noted above resulted in cannabutter that is markedly different from the normal (and quite wonderful) Bud Butter. Black Out Bud Butter (BOBB) is approximately 2oo-300% stronger. The name BOBB comes from the fact that this butter is midnight green and will cause blackouts if too much is consumed.

Ingredients:

2 ½ pounds (six cups) of European Style high butterfat unsalted butter. I combined 8 oz of Plugra with 1 pound of Strauss Organic and 1 pound of Challenge European Style. Everyone has there own favorites but mine is Strauss. Strauss is smoother and less greasy than the others.

4 oz powdered Train Wreck Trim (or what have you)

2 oz powdered Pooh Bear Trim (a cross of Train Wreck and Salmon Creek Big Bud) (or what have you)

2 oz powdered California Orange trim (or what have you)

1/3 oz powdered California Orange flowers (again, or what have you)

Method:

The butters were melted in a covered crock pot set on medium. The powdered cannabis was gradually stirred in with a wood spoon. The mixture was frequently stirred and cooked covered on medium for one hour followed by three hours set on low. Stirring was accomplished every 15 minutes.

After four hours the hot mixture was squeezed through cheese cloth into a bowl then the product was filtered once more through cheese cloth. All available butter was squeezed out producing approximately 3 ½ cups. Theoretically, the cloth balls remaining could be re-extracted with more butter but the product would not be nearly as strong. Approximately 75-85% of the available cannabinoids are extracted on the first pass.

Note on Preparation:

No gloves were used in squeezing the rather hot cloth balls into the collection vessel. If you go barehanded beware of burns. Usually the ball can be twisted and held at the top then you can press the ball with the wood spoon against the side of the collection vessel. Once the ball has cooled sufficiently you can “wring” out the last of the cannabutter. Yes, this is messy but will leave your hands oh so soft.

Note on Amount of powdered cannabis to use: I use as much as will go into solution with the butter. This varies depending upon the cannabis and source.

Note on Potency:

I know this cannabutter is potent simply from the extreme effects produced from handling it. I look forward to using this super potent butter for the next batch of Pecan Sandies.

Improvement number 4.... add a little moonshine or vodka to the crock pot in the beginning. it will help extract the thc from the cannabis and make the butter a lot stronger! plus it all evaporates anyway

what kind of oil is good for a vegan alternative? and with the crock pot, what is the temp when its at medium? i have heard 180 F is the highest you should go with it. thanks

when i was a vegan i used to use peanut oil or olive oil when i could afford it... veg oil works too...

you can also do ganga-peanut butter, apple butter, almond butter

ive never tried it with ganga but there are vegan forms of butter (Earth Balance, Soy Garden)

i wonder how we can make ganga-apple sauce

vegan ganga cooking should be its own thread!

How exactly did you make the peanut butter if you will? Please.

i've never made peanut butter actually. just reg butter, and oil. but i've read about using ganga peanut butter, almond butter, etc... in a ganga cooking book i used to have... i wonder if i can find that. i did just loan a large stack of MJ books & magazines to a friend that recently got their card.... hmm...

if i can i'll post some recipes... i know its got a ganga flower recipe and recipes for a lot of bases like flour and butter.

• 3 weeks later...

when i was a vegan i used to use peanut oil or olive oil when i could afford it... veg oil works too...

you can also do ganga-peanut butter, apple butter, almond butter

ive never tried it with ganga but there are vegan forms of butter (Earth Balance, Soy Garden)

i wonder how we can make ganga-apple sauce

vegan ganga cooking should be its own thread!

I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE A VEGAN CANNA COOKING THREAD

THANKS FOR SUGGESTING :)

peace

• 3 weeks later...

If you can't get European butter, look at your local farmer's market for local artisanal butter. My farmer's market carries Amish butter, which is very high in butterfat (higher than store butter, but I don't know the percentage). I made some cannabudder the other day but I think I didn't cook it long enough (only a half-hour, by one recipe). Luckily I still had the residue from the first batch, so it's sitting right now in a batch of fresh butter in a bain-marie. That keeps it at a high temp without boiling it and destroying the butter flavor. Should've know that would take longer!

• 2 weeks later...

Rice Crispy treats are really good made with cannabudder. MW

I like to use a coffe filter and sqeeze the daylights out of the plant matter. Afterwards i dry the leftovers and the filters. Then i use the filter and add a pinch of leftovers with the java and it does a fine job of extracting whatever is left in the plant matter. Also makes a darn fine morning =).

Take what you want, waste nothing

I like to use a coffe filter and sqeeze the daylights out of the plant matter. Afterwards i dry the leftovers and the filters. Then i use the filter and add a pinch of leftovers with the java and it does a fine job of extracting whatever is left in the plant matter. Also makes a darn fine morning =).

Take what you want, waste nothing

What an excellent idea for a morning cup 'o joe,

Thanks!

leave no footprints : )

peace

• 9 months later...

This recipe is way to powerful for a newbie or an elderly person to eat.. this could scare them right out of even wanting to try MM ever again. Please only try this recipe if you are experienced with eating cannabudder regularly..

If you make cannabudder edibles to share with new or elderly patients please Make cannatreat light for them to start with.. thanks .. Annie

okay i decided to go w 3 oz lifesaver sweet trim popcorn and 2 oz sweet trim bubba kush and 1 oz pineapple express popcorn nugs to 1 lb butter in the crockpot...let the toast be green tomorrow

About 715 took 1 tbs w honey...looks like i aint doin s h i t today....my eyes are heavy

Yep, guess now you're 'toast'!

• 2 months later...

I agree annie, and at that ratio, its a waste, straight up. the butter is going to become supersaturated, it can only "hold" so much, your going to throw away more medicine than your finished product contains. Perhaps split the material in half and add another pound of butter to each. Those will even be too strong for the less experienced.

I do love that more and more people are trying this on their own!

good luck either way :thumbsu:

This recipe is way to powerful for a newbie or an elderly person to eat.. this could scare them right out of even wanting to try MM ever again. Please only try this recipe if you are experienced with eating cannabudder regularly..

If you make cannabudder edibles to share with new or elderly patients please Make cannatreat light for them to start with.. thanks .. Annie

Archived