Ok, I Know Its Not Nice To Make Fun Of Leo, But...

so i am driving to a wedding earlier today, and we drive by the oakland county sheriff's department in Rochester Hills. There is a TANK parked in their employee parking lot, the gated one. Not an old tank, like you would see at a war memorial, but a shiny new black tank that almost looks like a hummer/tank/transformer combo...with a big white start on it...and one of the passengers in my car says EVERY POLICE DEPARTMENT HAS ONE, in case there is a "situation"...really?? is this true? what kind of "situation" could a tank warrant in Rochester? Or Troy? Do we have drones in Rochester Hills, too? In case Bin Laden is hiding out at the Farmer's Market? I laughed for like 10 minutes straight. And all this after i am reading today about how poor the county is...

Wonder how much it costs to maintain a tank. I would imagine that it can't sit undisturbed til the "situation" its waiting for comes along...it probably needs diagnostics, maintainence, artillary replacement, oil changes, washing and waxing, i dunno...how crazy and wasteful.

Can anyone here give me a good reason why my police department needs a tank?

Guest Wayne

What part of para-military police force don't you understand. The drug war provides law enforcement the opportunity to engage in live fire, selective target excersizes in American homes utilizing surprised and panicked American families and their pets. One can guage the success of these excersizes by evaluating target selection and response. For example para-military SWAT teams often successfully killing family pets "perceived" as threats, while leaving the families unharmed. Perfect execution carried out within departmental guidelines and policies. Worthy of written commendation.

Most police official's would respond "Would I be answering these questions if that chihuaha had ripped through the officer's flak jacket and tore his heart from his chest?"

As for the tanks being utilized on the streets of America against the citizenry? Ludicrous, that would be militaristic. Just a display vehicle I'm sure.

Everyone has seen this, but in case there is anyone on this site that has not, here it is in all its' glory. :lol:

i had heard about this case but i didnt know it happened in michigan! i love how theyre talking about the red wings

laugh.gif "I think we're dead. I really do."

that is fricking hilarious! Ive seen it before but thanks mezz good post!

ChristinaX4 Alot of the police stations downstate have a tank or access to one, for a hostage/swatt team, or any situation that their is a gun person hold up and firing at leo. they ram the doors with it (dont matter if its brick or wood they go thru it) most def lock your room in like a safe like containment! LOL biggrin.gif (you said wash and wax) smile.gif

Fun post! Thanks

Jim

it's all a plot to keep control of the people durning the next revolution,superior firepower to surpress the people....,somewhere there's a family of drug lords,MR.&Mrs.jones and their three kids that need to feel the full effect of the law for growing the MJ that the Mrs.needs to ease the pain for the breast cancer she suffers from...durning the raid LEO hopes to kill at least three on entry,the tank is needed in case the family has a dog..i won't blame anyone for fighting back like their life depended on it,because it does...zb

I few months ago I drove by my city department and saw a few different big armored vehicles and mobile command units. It freaked me out, I just kept trying to think of a valid reason they could need these and I came up with nothing, anything crazy enough to require these vehicles would be getting support from county and state, if not the feds. Seems like a giant waste of money to me.

I'm sure most of you have seen the infamous LA bank robbery where the gun men had full armor and ak-47's. These vehicles would still be overkill in a crazy situation like that.

that is fricking hilarious! Ive seen it before but thanks mezz good post!

ChristinaX4 Alot of the police stations downstate have a tank or access to one, for a hostage/swatt team, or any situation that their is a gun person hold up and firing at leo. they ram the doors with it (dont matter if its brick or wood they go thru it) most def lock your room in like a safe like containment! LOL biggrin.gif (you said wash and wax) smile.gif

Fun post! Thanks

Jim

That's what I was thinking the smashing doors they prob have a battering ram on it also. They prob want a battering ram with a rocket lawncher on it so they can kill your whole family cause you have a cannabis plant. Then they get a check and a pat on the back moving up the latter.

That's what I was thinking the smashing doors they prob have a battering ram on it also. They prob want a battering ram with a rocket lawncher on it so they can kill your whole family cause you have a cannabis plant. Then they get a check and a pat on the back moving up the latter.

lets hope it doesnt realy come to that! unsure.gif

Archived