So Who Realy Is On That High Horse?

this is a copy of an email I recieve from minorml!

so who realy does qualify for socalled mm? and who just wants to be legal so po po's dont hassel them any longer?

I can tell you I qualify and I dont want no stinkin trouble, we need to make marijuana legal for all of legal age, and than we wont have to worry about this kind of b.s below!

Peace! Free The WEED!

I wanted to give everyone a heads up about the Montana Caregiver's Network (see below) and some press fallout they've caused in Montana. While there's a legitimate concern over the ability of some people who need mmj to get recommendations in a timely, affordable manner, the Montana Caregivers Network exhibits some practices that have undermined public support for the law. The biggest problem has been the length of consultations at their traveling clinics - "cannabis caravans" as the local press refers to them. Doctors are providing recommendations to upwards of 120 people (with little or no denials) in one day. One article I read said doctors were averaging 6 minutes from one recommendation to the next, assuming s/he took no breaks. The Montana Board of Medical Examiners recently approved a policy position that this kind of practice, along with tele-clinics (web or phone-based consultations) likely violate the medical standard of care and fined a doctor in Montana $2000 - a!

slap on the wrist, but the message is significant. That alone could have a chilling effect on doctors already on the fence about providing recommendations.

More importantly, this kind of practice has shifted public opinion on the law the against us. A ballot committee has formed hoping to qualify an initiative to repeal the law (they just formed, so likely won't succeed...this year) and at least one state legislator has said he'll work to repeal it legislatively.

It's also worth noting that, given the fact that doc's are now being fined for handing out recommendations through their clinics, there's a reasonable chance many recommendations they hand out in Michigan may not be recognized as valid by MDCH. In fact, their spokesman has already gone on record with concerns about "maintaining the integrity" of Michigan's law.

Here's an example of the media I'm talking about: ""Before the doors even open, the parking lot has 300 kids throwing Frisbees and playing Hacky-Sack." Or this: "As Bob Marley music wailed in the next room, the makeshift clinic hummed along like an assembly line."

If you do decide to attend one of their conferences, please remember that you're representing medical marijuana patients and advocates throughout the state. News cameras will likely be there looking for stereotypes and bad examples to set a narrative of stoners taking advantage of the system. We're already seeing legislators talk about taking shots at the MMMA, so let's not give them any ammunition.

Again, that's not to say they aren't providing a valuable service to many patients, or that the vast majority of folks they help wouldn't otherwise qualify. Regardless, that hasn't been the public perception. Whatever your opinion of this kind of practice, it is in everyone's interest to do their part to assure any media exposure these events attract does not reflect poorly on patients, caregivers, or the MMMA.

'Cannabis caravan' to stop in Lansing

Lansing State Journal

It's the first disciplinary action taken against a doctor in a Montana medical marijuana case. Organizers say the clinics help patients who otherwise might ...

See all stories on this topic

Sincerely,

Dan Riffle, Legislative Analyst

Marijuana Policy Project

Yo!

I hear ya there!

I was just about to post on a similar issue; Although the story I want to post to the forums is actually about the "Anti-FREES" biased Council Members of Santa Barbara that feel it is their God-Given Duty to dictate their bigoted mind-set against the Will of the People of America, regardless of the which "FREE" State of America's instilled borders and boundaries, razor-topped fences, or city lots, or village plots, or cages we are FORCED to be confined in, both the context of your posted email and the glaring tyranny of the Santa Barbara City Council clearly show that TRUE FREEDOM never was and hardly ever could be "Alive and Well and Living in America," as long as truly "FREE-THINKING" People are FORCED [by the weaponed hands of militant agents of the Anti-FREE mentality] to do what we are ORDERED to do, in spite of OUR FREE WILL.

Here are some REALLY SCARY STATEMENTS quoted from an obvious NAZI Dictator living in California that BOLDLY PROCLAIM FREEDOM is DEAD to AMERICANS, and any other FREE-WILLED PEOPLE of the World that the NAZI TYRANT "Deciples of Anslinger" have as their TARGETS:

"Further discussion led to additional compromises, and Hotchkiss eventually switched his vote out in favor of the regulations. In the intervening weeks, however, he said it became clear in his mind that the community would be ill served by anything other than a ban." [that is - DESPITE the FREEDOM OF CHOICE that "WE THE PEOPLE" have always wanted!]

Then the tyrant goes on to say:

". . . a set of dueling ballot measures would also be a disservice to local residents."

What!?

In other words, the dictating politician - on a VERY HIGH HORSE - is demanding:

"Let's not bother the busy SLAVES with that pesky ol' thing called OUR VOTE to have FREEDOM of CHOICE in America!"

His Reasoning?": . . . Because "It would put two contradictory and confusing items on the ballot".

And, if you think THAT mentality is a SCARY trait to see in a wannabe/wannastay "leader" [i.e.: opposer] of The People, let me know what you think about his next tyrannical statement:

"the council needs to step forward and show leadership, rather than passing the buck to the voters."

Excuse me . . . while I go bank my enslaved head against a brick wall. (Well, at least that pain and suffering would be BY MY CHOICE; And doing so would certainly be a LOT LESS painful than slave-driving, white-collared NAZI dictators)

Does FREEDOM mean ANYTHING to TYRANTS like the Santa Barbara City Council of Government thugs who FORCE their Slave-Minded mentality on the FREE-WILLED PEOPLE of the World?

Hmm . . . let's just ask Michigan's Grand Master-Puppet Governor, and the Attorney General [who has his greedy eyes and profiteering hands set on the head-puppet seat], and the head puppeteer of the MDCH, to see what their definition of PEOPLE's FREEDOM of CHOICE is.

I think [at least I sure HOPE] we can ALL see what they think - by their unwillingness to listen to the COMMUNAL VOICES of "We the PEOPLE" of Michigan / America.

How much FREE-WILL is in YOUR FREEDOM?

http://www.thedailysound.com/060810medmj

Time to Weed the Garden.

CANNABIS CURES - Without Fears. [other than the fears, home-invasions, brutal assaults, life-threatening injuries and deaths caused to countless otherwise FREE SPIRITED Michigan / American citizens by militant thugs with guns and badges, that is]

FREE the TREE

And, SHARE the CURE!

I agree, Phaque... LEGALIZE IT!!!

And yes, I believe it was a doctor in Montana that was fined by the 'licensing board' for NOT providing what they called adequate exams and post-treatment follow up / care.

If the 'clinics' here in Mich do not remain careful in their assessments / exams and follow-ups the licensing boards here could also start a problem for them as well.

Hopefully California WILL vote it' legal' this November and once that occurs it will move from there.

In the mean time I believe we have to do whatever we can to keep the MMJ gains that we have gotten.

There are still individuals and groups out there and most of us know who they are that don't want MMJ to be available, not so much because of what it might do to harm society... but because it hits them in the pocket book.

Money talks and politicians listen... we have to ALL VOTE this November for pro MMJ / cannabis candidates... or at least pols that will stay out of the way... otherwise we run the risk of having pols in gov that are going to undermine ALL of our efforts.

Just my own opinion...

and thanks for the post... we have to be aware of what's going on out there in order to stay in front of it.

No problem A K

I hear ya Free and buddha!

We realy need to straight out legalize marijuana in the whole country! It is a non addictive, awsome plant that to my knowledge has never hurt anyone, But has helped many!

We all have to know people who have benifitted from mm, including me, Im no longer hooked on methadone. xanax, vicoden, or any pain killers, I couldnt say that a lil over a yr ago~ why is it not legal, i can go get me a keg of beer and a half gal of whiskey at the corner store and go down the road and run some one over, or go home and drink it all and die of alcohol poison, I never heard of a person on weed running people down or smoking them selves to death!

Although the story I want to post to the forums is actually about the "Anti-FREES" biased Council Members of Santa Barbara that feel it is their God-Given Duty to dictate their bigoted mind-set against the Will of the People of America, regardless of the which "FREE" State of America's instilled borders and boundaries, razor-topped fences, or city lots, or village plots, or cages we are FORCED to be confined in, both the context of your posted email and the glaring tyranny of the Santa Barbara City Council clearly show that TRUE FREEDOM never was and hardly ever could be "Alive and Well and Living in America," as long as truly "FREE-THINKING" People are FORCED [by the weaponed hands of militant agents of the Anti-FREE mentality] to do what we are ORDERED to do, in spite of OUR FREE WILL.Here are some REALLY SCARY STATEMENTS quoted from an obvious NAZI Dictator living in California that BOLDLY PROCLAIM FREEDOM is DEAD to AMERICANS, and any other FREE-WILLED PEOPLE of the World that the NAZI TYRANT "Deciples of Anslinger" have as their TARGETS:"Further discussion led to additional compromises, and Hotchkiss eventually switched his vote out in favor of the regulations. In the intervening weeks, however, he said it became clear in his mind that the community would be ill served by anything other than a ban." [that is - DESPITE the FREEDOM OF CHOICE that "WE THE PEOPLE" have always wanted!]Then the tyrant goes on to say:". . . a set of dueling ballot measures would also be a disservice to local residents."What!?In other words, the dictating politician - on a VERY HIGH HORSE - is demanding: "Let's not bother the busy SLAVES with that pesky ol' thing called OUR VOTE to have FREEDOM of CHOICE in America!"His Reasoning?": . . . Because "It would put two contradictory and confusing items on the ballot".And, if you think THAT mentality is a SCARY trait to see in a wannabe/wannastay "leader" [i.e.: opposer] of The People, let me know what you think about his next tyrannical statement:"the council needs to step forward and show leadership, rather than passing the buck to the voters."Excuse me . . . while I go bank my enslaved head against a brick wall. (Well, at least that pain and suffering would be BY MY CHOICE; And doing so would certainly be a LOT LESS painful than slave-driving, white-collared NAZI dictators)Does FREEDOM mean ANYTHING to TYRANTS like the Santa Barbara City Council of Government thugs who FORCE their Slave-Minded mentality on the FREE-WILLED PEOPLE of the World?Hmm . . . let's just ask Michigan's Grand Master-Puppet Governor..........

You sure do make a lot of references to democratic principles in there for a Nazi tyranical regime.

You sure do make a lot of references to democratic principles in there for a Nazi tyranical regime.

Spin Doctors.

The politicians and "Anti-FREES" in media have to get better at "glossing-over" the bias in print.

Aparently, someone has finally discovered that a considerable number of us burned-out, lazy potheads are well-tuned into reading between the lines.

Sorta reminds me of that agelessly lame statement that unenlightened ministers of cultic lies spew to questioning "Seekers of the Truth":

"Umm . . well, I see your point; But, you can't just look at the one [clearly contradictory] statement; You have to consider the WHOLE context."

As more and more of us know, that only serves to shed a whole lot more light on the hidden lies and contradictions.

Be FREE!

And, SHARE the FAITH

Sorry, I was cranky and sore after a coupla long days, and all the infighting and rhetoric I was reading depressed me. My apologies to any I may have offended.

What infighting?

You mean I missed some excitement.

Must have been too 'blissed-out' to notice.

But if that's the case... think I'll stay there.

This IS Jason Christ, the director of Michigan Caregivers Network - and I talked to Marijuana Policy Project - DAN...and

he told me that MPP WILL NOT SUPPORT what we do unless we see ONLY 20 patients per day and ELIMINATING telemedicine for CANCER PATIENTS...

(Why would MPP NOT want patients to get the medicine who need it?!?!?!)

Incidently, RIGHT NOW, I am in a room full of people at the STATE CAPITOL in MONTANA, and we are going to make recommendations to LEGISLATURE on making improvements to our law. So, because we helped 1.6% of Montana get their card in the last 12 months, WE HAVE CREATED AWARENESS. (This group is made up of the top people in the state - who helped write it, assigned by a major Democrat)

What have you done DAN? I appreciate the work of MPP - they are helping PATIENTS LIKE ME...

BUT STOP SPREADING THIS GOSSIP DAN - IT IS NOT FACTUAL...WE NEED TO HELP EACH OTHER. We need to be an alliance, instead of backbiting!!!

MCN is LEGIT - Directed by Physicians with a combined 300 years of experience, we have 20 doctors all over the US in every pro medical marijuana state.

USA is Capitolism - Free market economies are healthier and more advanced.

MCN is NON-PROFIT - We are here to make marijuana AS MEDICINE accessible for Humans AND educate what, who, how and why of Medical Cannabis.

MPP is A DIFFERENT COMPANY - Do what you do, and quit talking trash about others.

Call my cell at 406-202-2290...

Thank you...

Jason Christ, Ending Suffering - Righting Wrongs.

I can't speak for Dan's concerns, but mine revolve around the publics perception of "prescription mills" for Medical Marijuana certification like the Montana Caravan creating a backlash of opinion against us. I don't believe a realistic individual would support such prescribing practices if it was to obtain a prescription for Oxycontin or some other narcotic. If we are to emphasize that MM is medicine, obtaining it thru legitimate legal channels should be held to the same standards as any other prescription in order for us to be taken seriously.

I am not familiar with this Dan guys agenda, but I find it hard to believe he is against denying legitimate patients their right to obtain MM through legitimate channels.

Be honest, are all the certifications you obtain for patients afflicted with some type of cancer, as you imply above?

Wow! I was gone for a few days and this place really lit up! I really didn't want to admit it but when I was at my local clinic there were people talking about how they faked their back pain and got their 3 chart notes to get certified. That makes us look bad.

Dizz

Hope the storm missed everyone here. We got slamed ...still cleaning up but no damage to my home or buildings.

Wow! I was gone for a few days and this place really lit up! I really didn't want to admit it but when I was at my local clinic there were people talking about how they faked their back pain and got their 3 chart notes to get certified. That makes us look bad.

Dizz

Hope the storm missed everyone here. We got slamed ...still cleaning up but no damage to my home or buildings.

Diz... can't filter out ALL the bad ones.

Some are going to slip through... no matter what.

Don't think that means we should abandon the 'cause'...

Do you? Hope not.

Yes this is getting ridiculous how doctors can determine who can and cannot consume a natural plant.

All I can say to that is: SPOT ON! :)

That about sums-up the like-minded reflections of many of us; But, of course, as many of us "common forumers" know, I would probably have used about a million words to say so! :lol:

Free the CURE!

Diz... can't filter out ALL the bad ones.

Some are going to slip through... no matter what.

Don't think that means we should abandon the 'cause'...

Do you? Hope not.

Never abandon the cause I'm for complete legalization. I should have clarified this a bit more. "They" are using those examples to try to fight us and reverse the law. It's just to bad we have some who have "worked" the system in this case. Sorry for the late response. My township is driving me nuts right now!

Dizz

People we need to start putting seeds in the ground every where! If marijuana was growing all over our state wild, it would be impossible for leo to keep up with it, I would realy love to drive those plane and helicopter pilots absolutly nuts looking for weed in the fall, like they do every year!

Marijuana should be legal to all of voting age! every spring we need to put seeds in the ground, and eventualy it will start spreading every where, wouldnt it be nice to stop on the side of the road and pick some Budds? smile.gif

OMG! Now I know why they fly over and around my place. I;m surrounded by regulated wet land and everything stays green no matter dry it gets. Never thought about that one. Maybe I should take a few more walks and see what I stumble upon!

Dizz

People we need to start putting seeds in the ground every where! If marijuana was growing all over our state wild, it would be impossible for leo to keep up with it, I would realy love to drive those plane and helicopter pilots absolutly nuts looking for weed in the fall, like they do every year!

Marijuana should be legal to all of voting age! every spring we need to put seeds in the ground, and eventualy it will start spreading every where, wouldnt it be nice to stop on the side of the road and pick some Budds? smile.gif

What makes me sick to my stomach is our tax dollars are paying for the plane, the pilot and the fuel.....

So these little pot cops are flying around trying to eradicate a plant, it's just beyond stupid. Let's outlaw sunflowers and grass while we're at it?

Well one little point about the OP letter. It says doctors only spend 6 minutes with a patient. I have news for them. That is NORMAL. I work with a lot of doctors and the larger offices with 6 or 8 providers (MD and PAs) schedule every 10 minutes and that includes entering data into the patients chart (some of the chart data is entered by the nurse.)

OMG! Now I know why they fly over and around my place. I;m surrounded by regulated wet land and everything stays green no matter dry it gets. Never thought about that one. Maybe I should take a few more walks and see what I stumble upon!

Dizz

Dizz I hope there isnt and airport near by you also! onguard.gif lol! Up here where i live every sept/oct they fly in grids all over the place looking for marijuana. Im realy serious if the plant was growing every where we could put them pilots out of work! Now im not about people being unemployed but I am about Freeing the Weed!

Archived