Felony Warrant From Bay County

bloodypete

First, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Pete, and I am somewhat new to this forum. I have recently been made aware that there is possibly a felony arrest warrant for me as a direct result of my activities that were clearly inside the limitations set forth by the current laws. Here is my story for those that choose to read on. Any opinions, suggestions, or assistance is much appreciated.

I was traveling up I 75 one day a couple months ago in Bay county when I was pulled over for following too close to the guy in front of me. (which was half moo-poo) After the officer ran my name and my friends/patients he asked us to step out of the car. He asked permission to search, and myself being completely ignorant at the time agreed believing I was doing nothing wrong and had nothing to hide, i allowed it. (posts about how and why i should not of done this are unnecessary)

In the trunk, locked in my briefcase, was my medical MJ. A total of 15 ounces in one bag that was clearly labeled with my name, amount, date and strain. Another bag containing 2 ounces belonging to my patient and marked the same and claimed by him immediately.

After arguing for over an hour with these state cops and presenting ALL of the proper paperwork, they illegally seized my medicine. They did not arrest me and have not made contact with me in any way and ignored all attempts on my behalf to contact them. I spoke with an attorney who called the MSP in Bay City and was informed that no warrant had been issued and he did not expect to see one issued.

Here I sit a couple months later and wonder exactly how they fabricated this warrant. I am currently waiting to find out tomorrow morning if I have the warrant, (pretty sure I do), how much the bond is and so on.

I will be on V.V.'s radio show tonight to discuss this matter in further detail.

Most importantly, I have not been found with anything over my limits, have done absolutely nothing to brake the laws and yet have to subjected to felony charges fabricated by a county prosecutor that refuses to acknowlege the laws in this state today. I currently hold all 6 of my cards ( i had none at the time) and cannot imagine what is going through there heads to fabricate this case.

This whole thing stinks of a total railroad job from jump street.

I can assure everyone that chooses to get involved with this fight, I will fight the good fight and will not let down until justice has been served.

scared shitless,

Bloody Pete

This story can also be found at: http://michigancannabispatients.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1811&p=11203#p11203

Guest finallyfree09

um... isn't 15 ounces about 12.5 more than you are supposed to have? i know that we can have a reasonable amount so that we have a continuous supply but 15 ounces? don't you think you were pushing it there a little bit?

believe me, i would love to be able to grow outside and stash all my meds for the year but that means that i would be sitting on 2 lbs at the very least. not sure i have the gumption to do that.

um... isn't 15 ounces about 12.5 more than you are supposed to have? i know that we can have a reasonable amount so that we have a continuous supply but 15 ounces? don't you think you were pushing it there a little bit?

believe me, i would love to be able to grow outside and stash all my meds for the year but that means that i would be sitting on 2 lbs at the very least. not sure i have the gumption to do that.

What is 6x2.5?

Just curious

When this happened

Did you already have your papers sent into the state? If so how long prior to this were the papers sent in?

Did you have 5 patients at that time and were you your own patient as well?

What makes you think you have a warrant now?

Really sorry to hear you are going through this, hopefully its nothing.

Please share some more details with us and keep us updated!

In the trunk, locked in my briefcase, was my medical MJ. A total of 15 ounces in one bag that was clearly labeled with my name, amount, date and strain. Another bag containing 2 ounces belonging to my patient and marked the same and claimed by him immediately.

What is 6x2.5?

6 x 2.5 = 15

and 15 + " Another bag containing 2 ounces belonging to my patient and marked the same and claimed by him immediately" = too much.

i think this may create probs......... but im no judge.

6 x 2.5 = 15

and 15 + " Another bag containing 2 ounces belonging to my patient and marked the same and claimed by him immediately" = too much.

i think this may create probs......... but im no judge.

Agree ..

Some folks think both the patient and the caregiver can have 2.5 each.

Some folks think the max total is 2.5 between them both.

I think it is massive unfair that they get to think about it for several months.

They didn't act because they weren't sure. They want to make sure they get it exactly right.

We should be afforded the same expectations as our enemy in this war. They don't know???? How about us?? When will "I don't know" work for the people in this war?

Leo not sure? their department might have to pay out some money.

One of us not sure? Prison.

We are still the enemy in this war.

If LEO wants a break, then we should "get a break" also.

First, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Pete, and I am somewhat new to this forum. I have recently been made aware that there is possibly a felony arrest warrant for me as a direct result of my activities that were clearly inside the limitations set forth by the current laws. Here is my story for those that choose to read on. Any opinions, suggestions, or assistance is much appreciated.

I was traveling up I 75 one day a couple months ago in Bay county when I was pulled over for following too close to the guy in front of me. (which was half moo-poo) After the officer ran my name and my friends/patients he asked us to step out of the car. He asked permission to search, and myself being completely ignorant at the time agreed believing I was doing nothing wrong and had nothing to hide, i allowed it. (posts about how and why i should not of done this are unnecessary)

After arguing for over an hour with these state cops and presenting ALL of the proper paperwork, they illegally seized my medicine. They did not arrest me and have not made contact with me in any way and ignored all attempts on my behalf to contact them. I spoke with an attorney who called the MSP in Bay City and was informed that no warrant had been issued and he did not expect to see one issued.

Here I sit a couple months later and wonder exactly how they fabricated this warrant. I am currently waiting to find out tomorrow morning if I have the warrant, (pretty sure I do), how much the bond is and so on.

I will be on V.V.'s radio show tonight to discuss this matter in further detail.

Most importantly, I have not been found with anything over my limits, have done absolutely nothing to brake the laws and yet have to subjected to felony charges fabricated by a county prosecutor that refuses to acknowledge the laws in this state today. I currently hold all 6 of my cards ( i had none at the time) and cannot imagine what is going through there heads to fabricate this case.

This whole thing stinks of a total railroad job from jump street.

I can assure everyone that chooses to get involved with this fight, I will fight the good fight and will not let down until justice has been served.

scared shitless,

Bloody Pete

This story can also be found at: http://michigancanna...&p=11203#p11203

am sorry about what is happening to you i know how you feel we are being railroaded to

I think it is massive unfair that they get to think about it for several months.

you are SO right.

as a kid, if i messed up and got punished instantly, so be it. the hard episodes were the ones sitting in my bedroom for hours waiting to find out if i am REALLY IN SUPER TROUBLE THIS TIME........ or if the few hours in my room was going to be punishment enough.

i dont mean to belittle the original posters situation with my childhood stories, but you all know what i am talking about.

Guest finallyfree09

What is 6x2.5?

read it again... he said he had 15 ounces in ONE bag marked clearly with HIS name. i was only commenting on what i read.

read it again... he said he had 15 ounces in ONE bag marked clearly with HIS name. i was only commenting on what i read.

Nothing to hang your hat on.

There is no place in the law that requires labeling. There is no place in the law that requires separate bags for each patient that the caregiver has.

It would be very difficult to press charges like that. Given those laws just don't exist.

There is no place in the law that requires labeling. There is no place in the law that requires separate bags for each patient that the caregiver has.

It would be very difficult to press charges like that. Given those laws just don't exist.

lol. ya beat me to it.

:goodjob:

Bloody just says he "has a patient"...

Doesn't say that he legally has MORE than ONE patient...

from what he stated he is CLEARLY OVER the legal limits if he only has the ONE patient.

But... yes it is too bad about having to worry about a warrant.

Good luck!

Guest finallyfree09

i certainly hope you are right. but from an officers point of view, a bag labeled as belonging to one guy is pretty damning evidence.

the guy SHOULD get off imo. lets just hope this whole thing doesn't go south for him. i would only suggest that caregivers do not carry their entire supply with them for reasons such as what we have read here. not to mention thievery... if someone gets word that "caregiver A" delivers the max allowable meds to all of his patients every wednesday at 4pm, "caregiver A" could find him/her self staring down the barrel of the gun of a criminal and not a leo. at least the leo has less of a chance of shootin ya... maybe?

IF he only has one patient and was carying around his patients plus about one pound for himself and not other patients something tells me he has this coming and it was clearly over his limit but if he has all his patients he seems fine.

@op if you do only have one patient you were well over the legal limit why you would let them search while carrying that much is just a really bad call.

regardless of the outcome of this case, the damage has been done in my eyes and the original poster is already in a position i do not wish to find myself.......... even if he is not found guilty of a crime.

2.5oz/per person maximum when traveling sounds safest. if i have to spend a few extra dollars a month in fuel to deliver it 2.5 ounces at a time to my patients, so be it. a few extra dollars every month is better than thousands all at once to pay for a lawyer to tell your interpretation of the law to a judge and let him decide what he thinks.

nah...... i will be keeping it simple. if i am ever in a vehicle that contains 17 ounces total, i will be making positive there are 7 MMJ patients or c.g.'s in the car too.

in the unfortunate case i STILL find myself in a courtroom over 2.5 ounces, i have a strong feeling a lawyer would cost you about 25% of the 17 ounce case.

Yes, PB... he said 'I HAD NONE at the time", ('cards' that is).

Sounds like he needs a well informed lawyer.

Based on the performance of the MDCH to get cards out .. I would not be surprised at all to find out that all six qualified under that 20 day thing.

Meaning that all six were properly and completely registered under the law.

Lets see .. Lansing is working on printing the cards applied for in Jan. If he has six cards now then Lansing had the apps for all six at the time he was pulled over.

They break the law and the patient or caregiver goes to jail. Fair is fair. (not)

regardless of the outcome of this case, the damage has been done in my eyes and the original poster is already in a position i do not wish to find myself.......... even if he is not found guilty of a crime.

2.5oz/per person maximum when traveling sounds safest. if i have to spend a few extra dollars a month in fuel to deliver it 2.5 ounces at a time to my patients, so be it. a few extra dollars every month is better than thousands all at once to pay for a lawyer to tell your interpretation of the law to a judge and let him decide what he thinks.

nah...... i will be keeping it simple. if i am ever in a vehicle that contains 17 ounces total, i will be making positive there are 7 MMJ patients or c.g.'s in the car too.

in the unfortunate case i STILL find myself in a courtroom over 2.5 ounces, i have a strong feeling a lawyer would cost you about 25% of the 17 ounce case.

1000+

Based on the performance of the MDCH to get cards out .. I would not be surprised at all to find out that all six qualified under that 20 day thing.

Meaning that all six were properly and completely registered under the law.

Lets see .. Lansing is working on printing the cards applied for in Jan. If he has six cards now then Lansing had the apps for all six at the time he was pulled over.

They break the law and the patient or caregiver goes to jail. Fair is fair. (not)

i think the MDCH is going to farm out the card to another state i read it on their site

Guest finallyfree09

if he holds all of the necessary cards then yes, he should be aquitted. even if he did have one of his patients with him who was also holding 2.5 ounces. what if the patient goes though 5 ounces a month? what if the caregiver only harvests once a month for that patient and only gets 5 ounces/harvest?

still... in the current legal environment, to travel around with that much medicine with only the paperwork in hand is risky. there will be a few test cases (such as this one) that will go through the courts and pave the way for the rest of us. i just hope the mdch starts getting the cards out in a timely manner BEFORE the courts force leo to comply with the law... we all know how long that will take. :(

if i were a caregiver for someone i would also wait to start growing until i got the card. it seems to me that it would be alot safer to transfer meds to a new patient and start growing their allotment of plants once i got the card. leo would have to see the transfer or actually be the patient signing you up as their cg. less chance of going through the ringer ya know?

if i were a caregiver for someone i would also wait to start growing until i got the card. it seems to me that it would be alot safer to transfer meds to a new patient and start growing their allotment of plants once i got the card. leo would have to see the transfer or actually be the patient signing you up as their cg. less chance of going through the ringer ya know?

And you would probably not have the patient after about one month.

You would force a patient to wait for five or 6 months? Only monsters force patients to be in pain.

Archived