Help! Temperature

smurfette

just finished setting up the room... 4 lights 4 ballasts( 600w), can filter w/ inline fan, lights duct vented to outside window, fans going, 5000 btu A/C,

humidity low @ 31%, but temp in low 90's!!!!!!!!!!! babies are in veg stage(about 1 month old) been in the room 2 days, cant seem to figure out what to do next to get the temp to come down, advise plz!!

5000 btu air is not enough to kool a room utilizing 4 600 watt lights 12000 is likely going to be needed and if you do not already have your hoods insulated on the outer part of the housing do that as well with some reflectix from home depot i dropped my temps by 8 degrees insulating my hood this way.

5000 btu air is not enough to kool a room utilizing 4 600 watt lights 12000 is likiely going to be needed and if you do not already have your hoods insulated on the outer part of the housing do that as well with some reflectix from home depot i dropped my temps by 8 degrees insulating my hood this way.

Did you just tape the reflectix all around the outside of the hood? This seems like a great idea. I may even apply it to my T5 light as it gets a little warm and I could use a little help cooling my veg room.

ok. yeah, as was said i believe, you will probably want to go with a larger AC unit. and yeah 12,000BTU would be enough to drop your temps down enough to make everyone happy.

i know you probably see $$ signs in your eyes and hear cash registers in your ears, but on the bright side, now and here is the best time to sell your used 5,000BTU unit :) summer is here and everyone is feeling the heat............. you just a few degrees more than most :)

probably not the highest quality unit available, but its wal-mart :)

Item Description

ARP-2412 is a 3 in 1 Air Comfort System with compact and lightweight design. With an Air Conditioner to cool, Fan Mode to circulate air, and a Dehumidifier to remove 70 pints of moisture/day, this portable air conditioner provides a convenient way to cool any room.

• 12,000 BTU Cooling
  • Single Hose
  • Digital Controls
  • 64-88°F Thermostat Range
  • 24 hour Timer
  • Sleep Mode
  • Auto Restart
  • Remote Control
  • 185 CFM
  • 2 Fan Speeds
  • 70 pints/day Dehumidify Removal Capacity
  • Self-Evaporative water removal
  • Washable Filter
  • Window Kit Included
  • 23.6x11x17.7

12,000 BTU Compact Portable Air Conditioner/Dehumidifier

I was having a heat problem last weekend and didn't feel like spending a bunch of money to buy new ac units so I went to a second hand store and walked out with a 6000 btu and a 10k btu, both digital with auto turnon/off $125 out the door just a thought!

Somethings not right as I run 4 1000 watters and dont see that kind of temps. I've no a/c unit and the same size room for bloom. Sounds like yer fan is to small. How maney cfm is that ??? I run vortex 6 inchers with 450 cfm each. One for the lights and one for the carbon filter............

My temps stay right at 79 lights on and 70 lights off with r/h at 42%....... I'd be looking at venting not A/c units

thx to everybody for the helpful-hints!!! it's hard getting all the pieces of the puzzle to fit just right. The A/C is new, the in -line fan is a 6" wind tunnel for a can filter, I have duct work running from the fan between all the lights and out the window. I have an oscillating fan and a regular fan circulating air. been misting, just transplanted a week ago, so dont want to over fert. did I miss anything, something else I should have ? I'll try a bigger A/C today, thanks again!

Smurfette,

One detail was missing on your description that could be critical, "where is the air coming from that you are ducting out the window?"

Is it air that your a/c unit is trying to cool or is it from outside? Ideally the cooling air for the lights should be coming from outside the room and ducted outside (hopefully not at a point where it is just sucked back in). If the air is coming from the room, all your are doing is sucking out the air faster than the a/c unit can cool it.

Again THX!!! to everyone for the tips & tricks.... we are happy to report that we are basking in the glow of warm lights & a COOL room!!! 12,000 BTU should do the trick, so far-so good. I'm sure I'll be back with more Q&A time, you guys are to COOL, hahaha :) go burn one.

Did you just tape the reflectix all around the outside of the hood? This seems like a great idea. I may even apply it to my T5 light as it gets a little warm and I could use a little help cooling my veg room.

Exactly what i did i encased the entire hood in this material i also have it on my water heater its a great insulating material . :thumbsu:

I had to remove my 4 bulb t-5 fixture due to the heat it was putting out i now use a 2 bulb t-12 fixture with full spectrum agromax bulbs this light burns super kool and will let plants lay right on the bulbs with no burning.

Exactly what i did i encased the entire hood in this material i also have it on my water heater its a great insulating material . :thumbsu:

I had to remove my 4 bulb t-5 fixture due to the heat it was putting out i now use a 2 bulb t-12 fixture with full spectrum agromax bulbs this light burns super kool and will let plants lay right on the bulbs with no burning.

Nice. Great tip. Thanks for the info!

Nice. Great tip. Thanks for the info!

Hey when your short on cash the brainstormin comes natural one of these days ill tell you the story of being in the hills of kentucky with a broken fan belt on my 66 biscayne long story short we drove 50 miles with a pair of legs panty hose acting as a fanbelt . :sword:

Archived