New Card Holder Says Hi

Just wanted to say HI to all. I have recently become enlightened and left the Amish community that I belonged to for many years. They have a negative attitude towards this marvelous plant and I no longer wish to participate in their ancient rituals. I have my own place now (with electricity! - marvelous stuff)and am learning to drive a car. Car driving is much harder than driving horses, especially when medicated. Anyway, I look forward to interacting with you all.

Just wanted to say HI to all. I have recently become enlightened and left the Amish community that I belonged to for many years. They have a negative attitude toward this marvelous plant and I no longer wish to participate in their ancient rituals. I have my own place now (with electricity! - marvelous stuff)and am learning to drive a car. Car driving is much harder than driving horses, especially when medicated. Anyway, I look forward to interacting with you all.

Welcome here am glad you came here this is the place to be for help and Questions

Just wanted to say HI to all. I have recently become enlightened and left the Amish community that I belonged to for many years. They have a negative attitude towards this marvelous plant and I no longer wish to participate in their ancient rituals. I have my own place now (with electricity! - marvelous stuff)and am learning to drive a car. Car driving is much harder than driving horses, especially when medicated. Anyway, I look forward to interacting with you all.

Welcome Amish! In more ways than just to the MMMA. Hang on to those off the grid, self-reliant skills. More and more people are turning towards that direction and your experience/knowledge is very valuable.

Having driven both cars and horses medicated, I feel you on the easier part. Cars can't find their way to the garage like horses can their barn. ;) (Funny though, I swear my horses KNOW when I am medicated.) Of course it is best not to drive while medicated, even if it's just one or two horse powered. B)

Best of luck to you on all of your big changes!

It's ironic that Amish people are against hemp. You can't get much more traditional than Cannabis sativa. Did they not grow it in centuries past?

I find it quite ironic as well but it goes back to the old Puritan mindset.

Welcome to the board! Are you out of the community for good or are you on your rumspringa? Did you do a rumspringa and if so what made you go back then but leave now? Has the community shunned you or do you still have some contact with some? I just can not imagine pretending like someone did not ever exist in my life like they do to those who do not return.

I find it quite ironic as well but it goes back to the old Puritan mindset.

Welcome to the board! Are you out of the community for good or are you on your rumspringa? Did you do a rumspringa and if so what made you go back then but leave now? Has the community shunned you or do you still have some contact with some? I just can not imagine pretending like someone did not ever exist in my life like they do to those who do not return.

I did my rumspringa when I was 16. That is where I found out about marijuana, amongst other things. I did not want to leave my community, but I also did not want to stop associating with friends outside. I also liked all the amenities of modern life. After much soul searching, I chose modern living. I haven't regretted it yet. I may change my mind later, but for now I will stay out. I have made many friends outside the Amish community. I have contact with relatives, but it is very hard on them to break the rules and talk to me. I do not wish to cause them any hardship due to my decision.

Archived