Moving To Mi & Want To Live In A Mm Friendly City

Green Machine

Greetings!

We will be moving to Michigan in the next few months and based upon the climate of laws and new policy, we want to own a home with growing ability ( ideally a little secluded) and within a county,township,city that embraces the new changes that this state has voted upon. We desire an area that is affordable yet not in the hood (single family). Surfing the internet is not working and attending meetings is not in the cards since we are not living there yet. If we can get names, we will seek a Realtor or foreclosures and make a few travel trips to house hunt. The perfect scenario would be southwest Michigan since we hope to visit family in Illinois for holidays/long weekends etc.We were told Benton Harbor by a friend but there seems to be homes beyond our budget or way below our budget...

Thanks in advance for any assistance..We know that this seems odd seeking real estate guidance on this board yet we find so much helpful information here from people that are knowledgeable and passionate.

Green Machine

What is your budget? Do you have kids? If so how far out do you want to be from the schools. How far out do you want to be from "town" and from a "big city"

Perhaps a bit more info, what size house are you trying to get, what are you looking for in a house, how much land and is there any special needs for that land?

Will you be looking for secondary employment? If so in what field, do you have any training?

420smokein peace

The D

Were else can I burn one with the Police ?

You are the Man R! I have burned with cops in prudenville (not prudenville cops) on vacation there!

(I got friends in Low Places! lol )

F T W

Peace!

Jim

420smokein peace

The D

Were else can I burn one with the Police ?

Detroit.....they concentrate on real crimes. Not petty trumped up weed cases. Detroit is being re-populated with growers like you would not believe all over the city.

flint area is good 2 and its also cheap and we have a lot of areas that are in the country but still everything within a 5 minute drive...but not crap for jobs unless you work in the medical field pretty much...really easy to get a medical or mental health job..city of flint has its own Marijuana friendly laws and we have a great compassion club but to be honest the city is like the armpit of Michigan next to Saginaw (sorry if I offend anyone)..There is much better places to live in this state...Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo & Ann Arbor is the best city's in my opinion for southern Michigan, really any of the areas surrounding Detroit are all pretty nice like Waterford and white lake. It is really nice up north also if you want to live more country. This is only my opinion after living here 15 years, and there is many places I have not lived so take my advice with a grain of salt. The very best as far as marijuana laws would be to live in the outskirts of ann-arbor.

Detroit.....they concentrate on real crimes. Not petty trumped up weed cases. Detroit is being re-populated with growers like you would not believe all over the city.

I would say anywhere in wayne county im in redford and so far so good no hassles for me . :goodjob:

Thats true! but im done with the ratt race, I like the slow living up in the north!

Peace!

F T W

Jim

Greetings!

We will be moving to Michigan in the next few months and based upon the climate of laws and new policy, we want to own a home with growing ability ( ideally a little secluded) and within a county,township,city that embraces the new changes that this state has voted upon. We desire an area that is affordable yet not in the hood (single family). Surfing the internet is not working and attending meetings is not in the cards since we are not living there yet. If we can get names, we will seek a Realtor or foreclosures and make a few travel trips to house hunt. The perfect scenario would be southwest Michigan since we hope to visit family in Illinois for holidays/long weekends etc.We were told Benton Harbor by a friend but there seems to be homes beyond our budget or way below our budget...

Thanks in advance for any assistance..We know that this seems odd seeking real estate guidance on this board yet we find so much helpful information here from people that are knowledgeable and passionate.

Green Machine

Clare county is a nice place lot of open land ,lakes, I have a friend in realestate if you want her number holla at me.

AVOID any cities with "Hills" in its name. SE Michigan/oakland county area: Ferndale and Royal Oak are very mmj friendly. Ann Arbor is awesome, a little expensive in towards the city. And if you like snow, Marquette in the Upper Peninsula...Best of luck to u and your family with your MOVE! :D

AVOID any cities with "Hills" in its name. SE Michigan/oakland county area: Ferndale and Royal Oak are very mmj friendly. Ann Arbor is awesome, a little expensive in towards the city. And if you like snow, Marquette in the Upper Peninsula...Best of luck to u and your family with your MOVE! :D

I am in waterford and have not had a single issue but I really dont broadcast, if you have 10 people over smoking pot you will get attention but if you have your grow room in your house with out any way of being seen there is nothing you should have to worry about.

We want to thank all of you for the guidance you have already given in your posts... To answer a couple of questions, no kids, grow should work in a good sized basement and the home can be modest in size say under 2000 square feet not including the basement. Ideally secluded or without neighbors up close. We will want at least a 2 car garage and 3 bedrooms,prefer central air but the real priority here is finding the right township/county/city that five oh will have better things to do than hassle innocent law abiding citizens.

Suburban living to semi rural and no more than 15 minutes to get into town and back to civilization. Reasonable/comfortable/practical/affordable are the keys since we low maintenance and not super materialistic.

Again thank you and any other advice is welcome.

Green Machine

Archived