Poll For Legal Caregivers

truthBOMB

108 members have voted

1. 1. Would you open up your grow for inspection by a non-policing agency to ensure 100% legal and legitimate compliance?

• Yes. I'm 100% legal
    • No. I ask you to respect my right to privacy

My point is, as long as you are not infringing on the rights of another you are "legal", at least constitutionally and objectively, we just have to remind our judges and so forth that the US Constitution guarantees us these rights. If we could just hold their feet to the fire and make them uphold the principles upon which they swore to uphold, we would be secure in our own persons, as we should be. As long as we keep voting people in who think the state has the power over the individual, this is the misery we all get. We can keep going down this same road again, or, hey, lets try that fork that says INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY up ahead, in the twilight zone!!:ph34r:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I would like to live in a perfect world where I would show my card, we would tip our hats to each other and pass like gentlemen on the street. Unfortunately we have never seen that day in history, nor will we see it in the future.

the shakedown is strong and those of you that haven't seen the "stinkeye of the law" yet should drop to your knees and thank *insert spiritual/cosmic belief here* that it is so.

The shakedown has affected myself. My CG has just recently decided with the ordinances in GR to cease his op for 2 patients. During our conversation, i asked him this question about a certification company with state endorcements. he was not hip. privacy was #1 on his list.

I assume i have not been expressing the true intent of this idea I have. Even those that care for me are too afraid to protect themselves with any idea of disclosure. I asked him then why if he were so afraid to hire counsel to certify his legality, why he put his name on the MDCH list.

He also stated it would be unlikely the State of Michigan would ever grant a private organizaion the ability to tell them who is legal and who is not. I reminded them, it would be the company's job to tell them who is NOT legal, the idea is for them the State they were legal during that time period they were raided and have the documentation and representation to back it.

I don't think we are ready to protect ourselves and be proactive. I am sad.

I think i'll contact the state and see if there is precedent for a privatized certification group that can report to the state when summoned.

My point is, as long as you are not infringing on the rights of another you are "legal", at least constitutionally and objectively, we just have to remind our judges and so forth that the US Constitution guarantees us these rights. If we could just hold their feet to the fire and make them uphold the principles upon which they swore to uphold, we would be secure in our own persons, as we should be. As long as we keep voting people in who think the state has the power over the individual, this is the misery we all get. We can keep going down this same road again, or, hey, lets try that fork that says INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY up ahead, in the twilight zone!!:ph34r:

Well this is our justice system at its best currently. Story

How sad is that? What hope do we have..I mean I know there are rallies that the cops more than likely laugh at and tease those involved behind the scenes...What we need are some of these lawyers to do is stop working only for those who have been busted and start working for the whole good. I know I know there is no money in that and in the end that would make them lose money if people werent getting busted, but for real the laws are being boken by those who are suppose to be upholing it! We need to all come together and do more than rally and make something happen...I mean the people of the state put the law up for vote and voted it in and now we drop the ball?

Lets hope that can happen soon...

Of course I would like to live in a perfect world where I would show my card, we would tip our hats to each other and pass like gentlemen on the street. Unfortunately we have never seen that day in history, nor will we see it in the future.

the shakedown is strong and those of you that haven't seen the "stinkeye of the law" yet should drop to your knees and thank *insert spiritual/cosmic belief here* that it is so.

The shakedown has affected myself. My CG has just recently decided with the ordinances in GR to cease his op for 2 patients. During our conversation, i asked him this question about a certification company with state endorcements. he was not hip. privacy was #1 on his list.

I assume i have not been expressing the true intent of this idea I have. Even those that care for me are too afraid to protect themselves with any idea of disclosure. I asked him then why if he were so afraid to hire counsel to certify his legality, why he put his name on the MDCH list.

He also stated it would be unlikely the State of Michigan would ever grant a private organizaion the ability to tell them who is legal and who is not. I reminded them, it would be the company's job to tell them who is NOT legal, the idea is for them the State they were legal during that time period they were raided and have the documentation and representation to back it.

I don't think we are ready to protect ourselves and be proactive. I am sad.

I think i'll contact the state and see if there is precedent for a privatized certification group that can report to the state when summoned.

Here is my question...Everything to do with getting your card is suppose to be all private and quiet and nobody but you and DCH MM division and your doctor know. So how is it that if a CG or PT keeps thier lips tight they still get busted? Am I to assume the police are alerted regardless?

Here is my question...Everything to do with getting your card is suppose to be all private and quiet and nobody but you and DCH MM division and your doctor know. So how is it that if a CG or PT keeps thier lips tight they still get busted? Am I to assume the police are alerted regardless?

I'm not sure how they are getting busted. probably by the same way ppl got busted before the state gave out cards...someone knew and word spread.

Here's a problem: the beat cops can't access the MMMP Dept for confirmation when your validity is questioned like they can to the Dept of Motor Vehicles to see if your licence is valid. So automatically people are getting jailtime then the courts verify. if a cop gets a card and has to make a snap-decision about whether this person is legal or a fraudster. if on the off chance they forged that card (we all made holograms in 8th grade science class), there is a felon on the loose that slipped through their hands and has pulled roots literally and has started ops somewhere else. better safe than sorry for the Man, off they go. everything destroyed, confiscated, taken. what cop would risk it?

The law is allowing people who might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer make these decision when for every traffic stop must contact the dmv for validity. they don't guess at 5 over, why would they guess on 60 evil marijuana trees.>>?

Loose Lips sink ships. yes. one more time. you hire the company. their interest is to protect you. why are you assuming this idea is like the priest tape recording the confessional for the PA? Inception is just a movie... ;)

Here's a problem: the beat cops can't access the MMMP Dept for confirmation when your validity is questioned like they can to the Dept of Motor Vehicles to see if your licence is valid. So automatically people are getting jailtime then the courts verify. if a cop gets a card and has to make a snap-decision about whether this person is legal or a fraudster. if on the off chance they forged that card (we all made holograms in 8th grade science class), there is a felon on the loose that slipped through their hands and has pulled roots literally and has started ops somewhere else. better safe than sorry for the Man, off they go. everything destroyed, confiscated, taken. what cop would risk it?

What cop would risk it? The one that wishes to obey the will of the voters and the law. That's who.

This law requires, REQUIRES, REQUIRES a shift in thinking from law enforcement.

It is REQUIRED of them that the keep hands off when they see that card. I don't care if they like it or not.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR POLICE TO IGNORE THE RIGHTS OF THE PEOPLE OF THIS STATE.

Here is an example to consider:

Say my drivers license gets suspended.

I go to the courthouse and take care of the ticket. I then have a receipt for payment to the court.

I go to the SOS office and present the receipt to them at the SOS office and pay my reinstatement fee. They also give me a receipt. This documents the reinstatement of my drivers license.

I drive out of the SOS parking lot and get pulled over.

The officer will accept these receipts as proof that my license is now good.

IF THEY CAN DO THAT FOR MY DRIVERS LICENSE WHY CAN'T THEY DO THAT FOR MY MMJ DOCUMENTATION?

The answer?? Because they want to put every mmj patient in jail. These "confused" officers are determined to remain "confused" so they have an excuse to disobey the law.

What if there were this inspection verification you could present before they kick in the door or that LEO could cross reference so entry is not needed? You're already on one list, what about a list to hopefully prevent this type of think?

Hmm, a vote to restrict our civil liberties? I think it would be much more expedient to completely decriminalize cannabis.

I allowed both the MSP and my county sheriff to inspect my grow. I documented it via video and had them document it as well. I recently expanded my facility and will be having them inspect it again. This type of interaction promotes acceptance of the law IMO, and it makes them think twice before kicking your door in. I'm 100% legal; no black market and my amounts are always below legal levels. It would go very badly for them to pull something and find that I am well within legal parameters. I do, of course, have an attorney on retainer!;)

In the end make all the excuses you want a dude (tarzaan) got pulled over after giving away almost a half in meds to a sick person for not wearing his seat belt...Yet for just that he was asked if they could search his car..Say what you want but that seems just a tad fishy to me....

I allowed both the MSP and my county sheriff to inspect my grow. I documented it via video and had them document it as well. I recently expanded my facility and will be having them inspect it again. This type of interaction promotes acceptance of the law IMO, and it makes them think twice before kicking your door in. I'm 100% legal; no black market and my amounts are always below legal levels. It would go very badly for them to pull something and find that I am well within legal parameters. I do, of course, have an attorney on retainer!;)

Well that was kind of the whole point I think to this whole thread, open for inspection to a company or group then either allow them to submit the findings to the cops or don't for those who have learned not to trust he cops..

Not the question at all.

The question is really "Is it time to trust the police yet?"

Since many are determined to be conveniently "confused" there is a great risk for the patient or caregiver.

As long as courts and law enforcement are determined to be "confused," we have a serious problem.

California has shown us that the police and courts can remain "confused" for more than ten years.

IMO if you're growing and legal, you have two choices. Let LEO know and give yourself some form of backup if they pull something, or don't. If you don't, then they have reason to suspect your activities even more. I have no trust in LEO whatsoever, but I think that with my documentation and the documentation they have regarding my activities they would have an issue if they decided to try and get me for illegal activity. Admittedly it varies from area to area, and will continue for some time. If you're on relatively good terms with your local LEO, it could be worth your while to be open about it. Luckily for me, I am and have helped advance acceptance of the law in my county. I honestly think that if we show them that we are making every attempt to abide by the law they will think twice before attempting legal actions. As PB stated, confusion reigns and will continue to do so for some time. But if more of us are even slightly more open with LEO regarding legal MM facilities and activities this will help move things along in a more positive manner ( hope springs eternal! ). Also, Peanut Butter, are you going to answer my email? Please?

The questions are leading and totally ridiculous. For one, you assume that just because you are 100% legal that you would allow someone to inspect your grow. BS ALERT! What are you a Pig? Sorry to trample your dreams of a list of patient grows, and the ability to inspect them as you see fit. Wish there was a fLying Bird emote..... silly cops, tricks are for kids.

The questions are leading and totally ridiculous. For one, you assume that just because you are 100% legal that you would allow someone to inspect your grow. BS ALERT! What are you a Pig? Sorry to trample your dreams of a list of patient grows, and the ability to inspect them as you see fit. Wish there was a fLying Bird emote..... silly cops, tricks are for kids.

I'll disregard your insult. Sarcasm is the last resort of a limited view. If you read my prior posts, I was busted November 3, 2008. I have over 1500 posts here since '08. I was member #34, and one of the first mods for the site. I have no affiliation with any LEO; I was in Lansing on the big day, was interviewed by Lansing 6 news, and am known by many; Greg Francisco, Brad Forrester, Peanut Butter, RD Winthrop, Paul Stanford, Bob and Tory, Melody, etc, and all will vouch for my character and sincerity. I have assisted many people facing charges here as well. I have no wish of a "patient list", whatever your implication was there. I merely point out that there are sections of the law that are black and white, and I follow them to a T and proved this to LEO. I showed them my CG cards, but NEVER gave them information regarding my patients, that is medical information protected by law. Look at my gallery; I am one of the originals from this site. Check my content, my whole case was listed here.

Wow, just reread my earlier post. I suppose I was quite harsh, but nonetheless, the way you worded your questions really touched a nerve with me. Why can't you be 100% legal and not want inspections? Maybe it was simply an oversight on your part, or maybe I'm just being a complete horses arse today. Either way, I totally dislike your wording, I've seen it before in my dealings with the law, and it leads to no truth whatsoever. Maybe an option of "If your 100% legal and still don't want inspections." Would someone really want inspections if they were knowingly doing something illegal? Maybe, but I'd doubt it. Sorry to jump up and down like a rabid ape on your post, totally ignorant on my part and quite impulsive. I would go back and edit it, but I'm enough of a man to acknowledge when I may be wrong.

The more humans that see your grow, is worse, not better. One of the deputies mentions to a buddy that "you should see the pot at Bob's house" Then, some friend of a friend steals your stuff....maybe your life. It's like a business owner showing people how much cash is left in the building at night. Just a matter of time...

No issue, Nemosity. I'm merely stating my view as you were, and it may be wrong for some people. I'm already known of in my area; thus, I may as well be open and honest about it. And yes, I am more concerned about rippers than I am LEO. But, I have top notch security and luckily I am surrounded by family who also keep an eye out. I also live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by a 40 acre field. I've lived here most of my life, it is a very small community, and I know most everyone. And most everyone knows that an attempt to rip me wouldn't end well. As I've said, a patients circumstance and environs should determine how they comport themselves. And Budz, wouldn't you think that a high profile grower such as myself or a dispensary knows the risks, and take precautions accordingly? The sheriff of my county is a friend I went to school with; he's inspected it, and wouldn't tell anyone anything other than I am legal.

Archived