Any Clarity At All To This?

Uncle Pmt

Any registered qualifying patient or registered primary caregiver who sells marihuana to someone who is not allowed to use marihuana for medical purposes under this act shall have his or her registry identification card revoked and is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 2 years or a fine of not more than $2,000.00, or both, in addition to any other penalties for the distribution of marihuana.

Ok, i can clearly see where it is against the law for a patient or caregiver to "sell" to someone who is not allowed to use marijuana for medical purposes under this act, but I don't see where it say's providing to or acquiring from registered patients or caregivers would be illegal(p2pc2g). Now this is just my observation and would like to find a little clarity to this part of the law.

I guess what I don't understand is that if a registered patient or caregiver is in the act of providing or acquiring "MM" to or from another registered patient or caregiver how could that even be potentially illegal. I mean if everyone involved is legally able to assist in the "medical use" does that not cover everyone?

What I don't understand is why the MPP didn't address this issue when they wrote the drafts of this law....how the heck did they expect this to work if no one can legally get genetics? Really makes me wonder if they had thier eye on the ball here in Michigan, or were they simply trying to write a law that would likely pass...they may have done a fine job with most of this law, but this can be potentially dangerous for those who hold a lot of genetics and wants to ensure that others recieve them...Peace....j.b.

What I don't understand is why the MPP didn't address this issue when they wrote the drafts of this law....how the heck did they expect this to work if no one can legally get genetics? Really makes me wonder if they had thier eye on the ball here in Michigan, or were they simply trying to write a law that would likely pass...they may have done a fine job with most of this law, but this can be potentially dangerous for those who hold a lot of genetics and wants to ensure that others recieve them...Peace....j.b.

That is probably exactly what they did. All laws are a compromise these days just to get them passed. The hope is they can be refined later by policy or amendment.

Archived